Jeongyeon to Sana: Advice?

Dear xxx

Dear Sana,

 

I really need your advice. Please read this to the end.

 

I was walking pass the art exhibition organised by our school and this painting caught my eye. It was such a gorgeous painting that I can't help but to stop and stare at it, admiring every .

 

The painting was of a lone white withered flower in a barren land. It was such a sad and lonely painting that it made me make up my mind to find out the story behind the painting. I asked around and I got a name.

 

It took me three weeks to finally find her. The artist of that painting.

 

I loitered around her, trying to find the right timing to approach her but she was the one who approached me. She came up to me and asked with a smile. "Hi, are you interested in art?" I was blown away by that bright smile of hers. I stared at her with my mouth ajar, but her smile did not flutter. She waits patiently for my response, understanding that I could be taken aback by her sudden appearance. I swallowed my saliva and responded. "Hi, I am Jeongyeon and you are pretty." I was so surprised by my response that I ran off after saying that, leaving her behind. I had forgotten my initial purpose.

 

The next day I heard that someone was looking for a Jeongyeon with short hair. I knew that it was you. I was the only Jeongyeon in the school with short hair and I introduced myself to her the day before. I avoided her as if she was a plague because I was still scarred by my response. I thought that you would think that I was creepy, and she wanted to do something bad to me. Instead, when she finally found me, she introduced herself and asked me what happened the other day. I took her hands and held them tight with my sweaty palms. I was nervous. She stared at me confused, probably thinking 'What is this woman doing?'.

 

I quickly blurted out "The painting at the art exhibition with the white withered flower. You paint that didn't you?" She nodded as a response. "Why? Is something upsetting you? Are you lonely? Do you need someone to talk to?" She laughed it off and told me that it was painted a long time ago and she has Momo and Mina now.

I slowly loosen my grip and hug her tightly. "I will be here for you if you need me." I ran away after saying that. I was a stranger and it must have been weird for a stranger to say that.

 

The next day, she came up to me and asked me if I wanted to have lunch with her. I said yes and followed her to the cafeteria. I asked, "You are not weirded out after what I did yesterday?". She simply shook her head and smile at me. She told me that I was now her friend. I was so glad that she was willing to be my friend after the ordeal.

 

To make things short, we met every day during lunch period and had small talks. My feelings for her grew and grew. It became harder to suppress those feelings.

 

So, I decided that I must ask you for your help with these feelings.

 

Please meet me at the rooftop during lunch.

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. Minatozaki Sana, will you be my girlfriend?

 

Love,

Jeongyeon

 


If you are interested, this is the twitter post that inspired me.

@minabongss

 

and this was what I wrote after seeing that:

 

'She is as beautiful as ever.' Jeongyeon whispers to herself as she peeks out behind the doorframe where she was hiding and admire the artist. Jeongyeon was initially a fan of the artist and it gradually became a crush. Although she is curious about what she was painting, all she could see is the back of the canvas and the artist's concentrating face.

 

*Pat pat*

Jeongyeon jumped as she felt a tap on her shoulder as she was admiring the artist.

 

"What are you doing?" Momo raises her eyebrow and glare at Jeongyeon with her hands at her hips.

 

*gulps*

 

"A-a-ah I h-ave to go home! BYE!" Jeongyeon stutters as she retreats and run across the corridor, away from Momo.

 

*snickers* 'That idiot.' Momo thought as she shakes her head and approaches her friend. The friend that Jeongyeon was admiring.

 

"Sana, are you done?" Momo lightly knocks on the opened door and lean against the door frame. "Just a bit more, it won't be long." Sana replies as she concentrates on her painting of someone.

 

"Talk to her, expressing your feelings on a canvas secretly won't help her notice your feelings. I am sure that she is more than willing to talk to you."

 

"No! Are you crazy? I can't!" Sana snaps and glare at Momo for a moment before resuming what she was doing.

 

"Idiots."

 

"What did you say?!"

 

"Nothing! Just hurry up, food is waiting for me." Momo snickers and slides into the room, sitting on the chair next to Sana.


I have changed it a bit to try and develop it but it turned out weird. Maybe, just maybe I will try again.