Tzuyu to Jihyo: 10th Anniversary

Dear xxx

Dear Jihyo


The first time we meet was when I was strolling down the streets, exploring the neighbourhood. You walked up to me, and talked to me in korean. Although I could understand you, I was not fluent back then so I could only respond in chinese. You tried to talk to me again in your broken chinese. I remember being frozen on the spot as I was shocked that you could speak chinese. You thought that you said something wrong and panicked, waving your hands around frantically, trying to use body languages instead. It was such an adorable sight. That was the moment where you caught my attention.

The second time where we met was in school. Class 2-B to be specific. I was the new transfer student and you were the class president. I immediately recognise you as you were told to introduce yourself and give me a tour of the school. I remember trying to hold my laughter as you looked so ridiculous with that pair of large eyes widening and mouth opening slightly. You tripped over yourself as you walked towards me to give me a tour during homeroom. That was really dangerous! I almost let out my laughter.

After that tour, I notice that you were avoiding me. You have always made up excuses to avoid being with me. That made me sad. Everytime I see you doing that, it felt as if someone stabbed my heart with a knife. I ignored it since I did not know what it meant.

During lunch break, I was dragged into a conversation. They were discussing about 'love'. Typical high schoolers. While listening to their discussion, I realised something. I felt so refreshed! I finally know why I felt those stabs in my heart. I was in love. In love with you.

Months passed and we were soon at our final year in high school. I had enough with you avoiding me. I stood up in the middle of math lesson and walked towards your desk, ignoring the stares from the teacher and our classmates. I stopped beside your desk and looked straight into your eyes. "We need to talk." I said and dragged you to the rooftop while you were still stunned by my actions.

"Why did you avoid me?"

I looked at you, waiting for your reply.

"..."

You stood still, staring at your shoes as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Do you... hate me?" I swallowed my saliva and asked reluctantly, wishing that you will say no or at least say something.

"..." You shuffled your feet and fidget with your fingers. Still no response.

"I understand. I have heard enough."

I turned around and walked off, holding my tears in.

Suddenly, I felt a strong hold on my right arm, pulling me backwards and turning me around. I stared at you blankly, wondering why. You wasted no time to pull me towards you, tiptoe and gave me a peck. You immediately pulled me into your arms and gave me a tight hug. I stood still, trying to apprehend the situation.

"I LOVE YOU!" You shouted.

Spring bloomed within me. A smile unknowingly creep onto my face. I pushed you away. Your expression was horrifyingly cute. You were afraid of what I was going to say, weren't you?

I gave you a kiss and whispered into your ears. I love you too.

We spent our final year in the school as a campus couple. Everyone knew that we were together. They knew that we were so deeply in love that nothing can pull us apart.

They were right. Nothing could. Nothing can ever do that. We had our arguments, disagreements but we always reconcile.


Years passed and we got engaged. I was spending the days counting down till I can officially call you my wife.


Another few years passed.


It is our 10 year anniversary today.


Thank you for all that you have done for me. There are too many to name. There are no one else like you. I am so proud to call you my wife.

This time I will be the first to say this.




I love you.


Love,
Your Tzuyu

 

-

A/N

How was it? Share your thoughts!

Please leave a comment below.

Other One-shots:

The Book (Satzu)

One Year Ago (Satzu)