She's happy (MiHyun)

TWICE on board
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

She was a shy and silent girl in a foreign land at the age of nine. Her family moved to a place she never set her feet before. The neighbors were nice but she can’t converse well, not because she doesn’t know their language but because she just can’t talk to a stranger.

 

As kids, they were supposed to get along well even in a short span of time. But this was not true in her case when one by one, kids on her age left her in a corner just because they don’t like befriending her. That was the first time in her life that she cried hours.

 

It was during that one great afternoon, that this belief not wanting any friend anymore was washed away by a pale kid who was actually her neighbor. The one who climbed up to cross their balconies, the one who played her recorder miserably, the one who speaks random Japanese and the very first one who made her laugh and smile.

 

The Japanese girl was very sure she loves this pale neighbor kid as almost her sister. They would get along well, they thought they were sisters from another mother. If you’ll find the one in an area, surely there would be the other one along. One would complain on their principal to let them be on the same section reasoning out that the Japanese would be left out—which is half-truth.

 

High school would be the time that the Japanese, who’s now a lady, set her wings. They’re not called conjoint-twins anymore. They can have separate sections now but they still go home together. Things were almost the same not until this certain Son Chaeyoung entered the picture.

 

“Hey Myoui, you like Chaeyoung from Class 1-A, right?” a smirked came out from her seatmate.

 

There how it started. She was just innocently staring at the window where you could see the late enrollee, cutie Son Chaeyoung as she was called. Mina didn’t even heard of her before but at the time she focused her eyes on Son, she was attracted.

 

She was getting behind of her class for being the only single lady, that’s when she decided that she likes Son Chaeyoung or even love—if this is love. She even heard that Chaeyoung thinks she’s cute that had her hopes up a bit but she still needs confirmation from her one and only best friend.

 

Dahyun was reading a book in her room when she suddenly got the courage to open up, “Dahyun-ah, I think I’ve come to like someone.”

 

Dahyun looked at her one second and returned the look on her reading, “who?”

 

“You know Son Chaeyoung from class 1-A?” she said while holding her blushing cheeks.

 

“Yes,” the only word Dahyun can reply.

 

“What should I do?”

 

“If you like her then confess to her,” the words she uttered that made her do it.

 

The way Dahyun’s words entered her ears were kind of annoying but she decided to not make it a big deal.

 

She was very happy when Chaeyoung accepted her confession. It was her very first romantic relationship ever and she’s too busy with being lovey-dovey with her girlfriend, oblivious that her bond with her best friend was breaking apart. Every day of her life was preoccupied by Son Chaeyoung, even her parents are complaining and were silently concerned by Dahyun’s absence in their daughter’s daily routine. Dahyun don’t even visit Mina’s room anymore. She was replaced by Chaeyoung who, behind that innocent smile, stole Mina’s first kiss. Which the latter liked the new feeling she ever felt.

 

It was really going well between the girlfriends. She also decided to introduce Chaeyoung to Dahyun so she texted the latter to meet her up without telling her true intention.

 

That afternoon when she was supposed to meet Dahyun in a park, she was kind of nervous because she kind of lied to Dahyun. Chaeyoung knew about her nervousness so she held her hand for encouragement.

 

She was so sure she met eyes with Dahyun even in a flash but the second she realize, her best friend was kissing another girl, a blonde who wears another uniform. Without giving much thought she quickly pull Chaeyoung in the nearest shop to enter. It was too late when she realized that her fingernails on her free hand were already bore on her palms—it was a defense mechanism she got from Dahyun to control her emotions. It was too late, crescents were already painted on her palm. It was too late when she realized what true love is.

 

She hated it—Dahyun casually flirting around. It destroys her image and she was a concerned best friend—lies. She hated it simply because she was jealous. This time she knows what her true feelings is but it was hard knowing that everybody adored her relationship with Chaeyoung. And so she decided to focus her feelings to Chaeyoung that may be her love for Dahyun be redirected to another person she was supposed to be in love with.

 

But that resulted kind of being obsessed with Chaeyoung and the latter hated it. It was not planned by Mina but she was cheated on by Chaeyoung with the bunny-teeth girl who wears the same uniform as the blonde who Dahyun kissed.

 

The first one who broke her heart, the cause of her dried tears, tear-stained pillows and sleepless nights was not Chaeyoung’s cheating but Dahyun’s every presence. Because every time she would look at the pale girl, her feelings would just grow even more, uncontrollable, her heart almost burst. Knowing that Dahyun was touching, hugging, kissing another girl totally breaks her heart. She was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter