An unexpected guest

Cuddle Buddies

The bed was warm. Too warm.

Ryeowook shuffled, attempting to find the source of the heat, but instead found a heavy arm slung over his middle. It took some effort - however, Ryeowook eventually managed to wriggle himself free enough to turn around, coming face to face with a sleeping Henry. The younger’s features were peaceful, as he slumbered contently, not a single bother in the world. 

Ryeowook’s confusion was evident, as he racked his brain, trying to remember the events of the previous evening. He hadn’t had anything to drink, that was sure, and neither had Henry. Although - Ryeowook suddenly remembered - he had been exceptionally touchy that evening, more than usual. But they had gone back to the hotel quite early and gone to bed before a schedule-packed day. Promoting in China was always a challenge, Ryeowook thought, rubbing his eyes sleepily and wriggling out of Henry’s hold.

The movements stirred the younger awake and he groaned, latching onto Ryeowook even tighter. 

“Henry.” Ryeowook prodded him with a finger, trying to catch his attention. “Henryyyyy!” Still no response. “Let go of meeeee,” he whined, trying to free himself unsuccessfully. Instead, Henry nuzzled into his neck, holding on for dear life. “Come on, I need to get up and this is not your bed,” Ryeowook tried again.

“Five more minutes, mom,” Henry whined in English, refusing to open his eyes.

Ryeowook sighed and pulled the covers off the drowsy boy, trying to get him to move. “My bed,” he said, his voice still groggy with sleep. “How did you even end up here?” He asked, not even expecting a response.

Henry wriggled uselessly, seeking the warmth of the covers, his eyes cracking open a tiny little bit. “Blanket,” he whined, but Ryeowook was merciless that morning. He hopped out of bed quickly, dragging the covers along with him, staring at Henry, wearing only a pair of boxers, “Why did you do that?” Henry whined, a light shiver running over his body. Ryeowook tried to not pay any attention to the lean muscles flexing, as Henry stretched, still seeking warmth.

“This is my bed and I don’t even know how you got here in the first place,” Ryeowook snapped, pointing at the turned covers on Henry’s bed. “Why were you in my bed?”

Henry shook his head futilely, trying to clear away the sleep, “Dunno. I sleep walk sometimes?” He shrugged and sat up. “I want that blanket back.” 

Ryeowook reacted quickly when the other boy tried to grab the corner, leaping backwards and nearly toppling over a table. Henry’s giggles filled the air, and the older of the two tried to not think about how cute he sounded, all mussed with sleep, his voice deep and grumbly. 

“We have schedules today, start getting ready,” Ryeowook ordered, still a little wary. “Don’t even think about going back to sleep,”

“But...I love you?” Henry murmured, making puppy eyes at the older. Ryeowook’s heart leapt in his chest, but he held his ground, raising an eyebrow. 

Eventually, Henry seemed to get the hint and slowly got up, making his way across their shared hotel room and towards the bathroom, while Ryeowook sat back on the bed, the blanket tightly clutched in his hands. He tried not to think about how adorable Henry had looked while sleeping, or how well the younger fit against him, snuggling closely, looking for warmth. How pretty his lips looked when he would say “I love you”.

Ryeowook groaned into the blanket. He’d thought he was done with this.

“Stop it,” he chastised himself, hearing the bathroom door open and a still very tired, yet considerably fresher looking Henry walked out.

“Who you talkin’ to?” he asked as he grabbed a room service menu and headed for the phone. “Coffee?”

“No one. And yes. Coffee.” 

----

Ryeowook closed the bathroom door behind himself turning on the shower, steam engulfing the small cabin, as he tried not to think about how much he wanted to kiss those plump lips.

----

Half an hour later, the two of them sat on the balcony, massive coffee mugs in tow, enjoying the early morning quiet. Ryeowook, who had been rubbing his hair with a towel, deemed it dry enough and tossed the towel into the room, where it landed at the foot of the bed.

“Twenty points!” Henry squeaked, all signs of his exhaustion gone.

They sat there in silence for a while, until Ryeowook finally asked the question that had been irking him for a while now.

“You sleepwalk?”

Henry just shrugged, gulping his coffee. “I guess so?”

“Into my bed?” Ryeowook tried to look serious and intimidating. Really, he did. Too bad there was a certain someone it never quite worked on.

“It was warm,” the younger grinned, “and don’t you dare tell me you didn’t sleep like a newborn.” 

A light blush spread across Ryeowook’s cheeks, as he choked out, “What, no, not...”

“You were purring like a cat at one point. Stop lying.”

“I didn’t!” Ryeowook sputtered, his blush deepening, his face getting warmer and warmer. “I don’t...purr...No...wait.” Henry looked up at his flustered hyung, eyebrows raised. “You said you were sleep walking. Aren’t you supposed to not remember anything?”

Now, it was Henry’s turn to flush red. “I...don’t really- It’s a special kind-“

“Now who’s lying?” Ryeowook narrowed his eyes, “What’s the truth, Henry?”

“You are warm and cuddly and I was cold and I wanted to cuddle,” Henry blurted out, his face completely red in obvious embarrassment.

The older stared in confusion, his brain completely blank all of a sudden.

“Please don’t be mad at me, hyung? I love you,” Henry murmured in a small voice, his eyes big and pleading.

“I mean...uh...” Words weren’t coming out the way he wanted them to, so Ryeowook cleared his throat, trying again. “You should have said something...?”

Henry’s jaw dropped to the floor, as he stared incredulously at Ryeowook, “Seriously, hyung?”

“Uh...sure thing?”

“And you are not freaked out because we’re both guys and like, you know...?”

“Not really,” Ryeowook replied simply, taking another sip from his coffee. It was all he could do not to laugh at such a question, though he couldn’t avoid smiling behind the cover of his mug. Then he grimaced because he still didn’t like coffee, but he’d need it with the day they had ahead of them.

A few seconds passed in silence before Henry’s tentative voice piped up. “Hyung?”

“Yes, Henry?”

The younger stood up from his chair, getting down on one knee. “Hyung?”

“Yes, Henry...” Ryeowook stared at him warily, eyes wide, putting his mug down on the table.

“I don't have a ring to offer you, but I hope you accept this...coffee...” Henry’s lips spread in a smile tinted with a touch of mischief as he held out his half empty mug, which only made Ryeowook less sure he knew what was going on. “I don’t have much to offer, but I promise I will always be there for you and will keep you warm whenever you need me, and I will support you through thick and thin. So...would you...consider...being my cuddle buddy?” he asked, his voice trembling dramatically, as he looked up at the older.

Ryeowook was stunned for a second, before bursting out into laughter, clutching his stomach, tears starting to spill from his eyes.

“Well?” Henry prodded, still on his knees. “Would you?”

Ryeowook wiped away the tears, his laughter booming, as he finally managed to answer, “Sure thing, you idiot.”