Dark aura's.

Highest power

It drizzled lightly outside, with the lighting from the lamppost it looked foggy in the streets. It was dark and the whole day started grey, the sun didn’t shine for two straight days. You could notice it that people would get grumpier if they didn’t have enough sun.

My eyes scanned the place while I waited at the bus stop, I was even surprised it had one in this scabby area. The houses looked unmaintained with the walls stripped from the paint and several broken windows. It didn’t have a structure at all in the street, so many different houses were built with contrasting sizes and offbeat architecture. There was a little ramen shop in between the homes that had bright lights and you could see the people coming out after they had their meal together with too much soju.

I was wearing a raincoat but standing here for more than three hours I could feel that my clothes were getting wet. I was indecisive to get some hot ramen or stand here for probably another half an hour. I already made my conclusion as I saw a group of youngsters entering the store, and looked up in the sky softly cursing the rain gods.

“Miss, are you getting in?”
I saw the bus and a friendly looking older man politely smiling at me.
I nodded at him, “Ah no, sorry I was just standing here,” I could see him frowning questionably to my answer but decided to drive away.

I sighed and when the bus drove away from my vision I saw the group of students walking up ahead with an unknown person behind them. While they had their umbrellas up to protect them from the rain they seemed not to notice that they were being followed by one of them.

Slowly but steady I pursued behind the group along with the stranger, it seemed some of them parted when they were at an intersection and the outsider choose to follow the one girl who went to the left as I tagged along secretly. The stranger picked up his pace as he inched closed to the girl whom was walking clueless into certain death if it wasn’t for me.

I saw how he hoovered over her and pushed the girl in an alleyway against the wall with incredible force. I sprinted forward and ran with all of my might to the alleyway while grabbing my gun under my coat. As I turned around the corner I aimed my rifle at him, “let her go ”.

He smirked as he held the girl with one hand on , turning his head to look at me with his red glowing eyes. His smirked slowly faded as my face expression didn’t change when I saw him.
This was the best part of my hobby, seeing this expression on their faces. Pretending to be gods and realizing that I have the higher power instead of them.

While still pointing at him I gave the monster one last warning; “are you deaf? Let her go”. I could see him doubting, but I knew that their pride was too big. During this time, the girl was unconscious and unaware of the situation happening right now. I saw him turning back to her and reaching out to her wrist hanging limp beside her body.

His eyes grew wide after feeling the pressure somewhere below his lower rib, mouth widened his fangs visibly grown and breathed incoherently as he fell to his knees. The girl fell harshly on the cold and wet floor while he was trying to look stoic but I could see the pain as his veins almost popped out of his head. I hid my gun and walked up next to him and sat down on one knee on his eyelevel. “I know what you are, don’t be scared you won’t die, I am just sending you bloodsuckers a message. The bulled was made out of iron and Allium Sativum.” I lastly whispered in his ear. “So, you will feel bad for quite some time. If I see you again I will make sure the bullet will pierce your non-beating heart”.

I stood up and I tried to wake-up the girl by softly tapping her on the cheeks while holding her up. Her eyes flashed open after several minutes and all she could see was an empty street.

I stepped into my flat-apartment and closed the door behind me while taking my coat off swiftly. I always made sure that after an outbreak I would be home quickly to make sure the undead wouldn’t go after me, they still haven’t figured out who I am or how I can spot them which is my biggest asset. This wasn’t given to me when I was born but through a horrific event.

I got into a terrible traffic accident and I was brought into a coma after I showed signs of extreme pain and discomfort.
The accident happened when I simply sat in the car next to a ‘friend’ of mine. He drove way too hard for sure, passing each car on the highway felt somehow good, liberating. But he didn’t have that much experience driving at 19 years of age, and he couldn’t estimate the distance between him and the car that was breaking. He managed to dodge the car but we ended head first to a tree. I remember so clearly when I saw the big branched oak tree coming closer and the peeping sounds of the brakes were so loud but it seemed the car didn’t even remotely slow down at all.
I woke-up after three weeks after being in a coma and it took me eight months to completely physically rehabilitate. The mental rehabilitation was tougher and I didn’t finish my sessions at the psychologist and counsellor.
I knew they wouldn’t believe me if I would tell them what I was seeing, so I stopped coming. It all was a traumatic experience.

When I finally got my expenses together, had a part-time job and was feeling a bit better I saw it again. A big black dark cloud/mist like aura hanging around someone who came in for a coffee at my work. I felt dizzy again and I couldn’t figure out why I was seeing them. While he stood in the line I looked around, it was only me who could see it for sure, because nobody looked up or even noticed the guy.
While I scanned around if someone could also possibly witness that cloud thing he waved in front of my eyes, “excuses me, I’d like to order?”
I was snapped out of my confusion and tried to help him like any other costumer, “I apologize, what can I get for you?” I smiled widely.
At that moment, I didn’t know that this man was a killer, murder or criminal who had many deaths on his sleeve, let alone that he could kill by one single bite of him.
I continued to make his order and gave is espresso to him, he smiled nicely and left out of the shop, with the black aura behind him.  
Never thinking that this was a vampire I made the connection after I got attacked by one with the same dark aura and ever since those two things were inevitable connected together. Seeing a dark aura means that it is a vampire.

I have never been caught by them but I am always on guard because I’ve seen what they can cause. They are resent less, ruthless killers and think that they are above the law. My intention was never to kill them, but I got in touch with an underground movement who wanted to wipe-out all of the long-fanged creatures. At first, I was quite hesitant but when Wonho - one of the members – saved me from an attack I knew that this would be my purpose to make sure to pay Wonho back for saving my life.
The movement got funded by a big company who also wanted to get rid of them, they were also in their way, so we got everything donated; food, housing, payments, cars and more that we could use. But more importantly, we got the right ammunition to assassinate all of them.

“You are home, I got some leftovers,” said Wonho as he heard me walking to the living room, assuming that it is me.
“That is so nice of you, I am first taking a shower and then we can eat together okay?” I optioned to him as I walked past him completely drained from the rain towards the shower.
Wonho nodded as he saw the wet dripping jacket hanging on the coat rack and put the food into the microwave, waiting for it to be warmed up when I finished showering.