Recording..

It goes on (Broken Records Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

 

Exactly a year ago when she remembered every single thing that happened to a certain part of her life which she didn't know ever existed. A year ago when a sudden hit of her frequent migraine was at its worst, the most painful, exhausting and her life's biggest turning point.

 

It was during her shift as a crew of a small diner in the town when it happened. She didn't exactly know what triggered it because it just happened.

 

She remembered when the pilot announced the current situation - that they were losing control, their equipments weren't working and they were going to try and let the plane land as safe as possible - followed by the dropping of oxygen masks from the upper compartment in front of their faces. 

 

She remembered the noises during that moment from each corner of the plane, the cries and the shouts of agony and prayers - it was traumatizing that when she woke up after two days of being unconscious, she began crying.

 

She remembered how she held on tightly onto the arm rest of her chair - her knuckles were for sure drained out of blood or she could be exaggerating but it felt like it, she remembered it.

 

She remembered how her ear rung so loud when the plane hit something she had no idea what until waters came rushing straight onto them - smashing people against people and debris, found herself rushing out of her seat until the water swept her away. But she didn't give up that easily, she swam and swam and swam until she was able to reach the surface of the water only to get smashed by a floating panel which knocked her unconscious.

 

So much had happened in her life other than forgetting the biggest part of her life. She was taken by a kind old couple who weren't able to bear a child, gave her a name, Sandy - which coincidentally matched her real name - because according to them she was found covered with sands that if it wasn't because of the rising and falling of her chest which indicates that she was alive, the old man would probably just think that it was yet another dead body from a plane crash that reached the humble shore of their small hometown.

 

Those bloated, almost at its decaying state bodies weren't even revealed to the public - the company quietly resolved and gave appeasements and assurances to the families to let the news die down and the bodies in proper resting place.

 

Her father is a fisherman and the mother is a housewife that has several cats and kittens that served as their kids before "Sandy" came, with a small backyard filled with vegetables and flowers to keep her entertained.

 

She didn't remember anything, her mother asked her questions when she finally gained consciousness and her answers were all, "I don't know" before bursting into tears.

 

A lot happened in 6 years of living a new life before she remembered everything a year ago. She went back to basic, like learning the names of everything she sees and hear - her mother was so patient in teaching her while her father would casually walk in just to annoy them, making them all laugh at the end - that small but very happy home helped her regain knowledge over situations, words and how life is still beautiful no matter how it drains or changes you.

 

A year went by, she finally learned a lot of things not only in numbers or words but also in love. She met this young charming man in a bakeshop when she stopped by to buy a loaf before heading home - for little celebration because she finally got accepted as a crew in a diner, first job.

 

It wasn't even an immediate spark, it took several months until they entered a new phase. Haeyong was a gentle, patient, humble and caring man - a perfect and dreamy man for every girl - and still is. He never once failed to remember their monthsary dates, everyday when he picks her up from the diner - he would always bring a single stem of every flower he saw on his way and if he couldn't spot one, that's when his creativity comes in in which he would form flower shapes using tree leaves, connecting them using yet another part of a leaf, he never missed a day - he would bring her out in a simple yet memorable dates, he never forced himself to her in any way possible that it took them 6 months as being official for him to finally kiss her in the lips.

 

Two years of being together and the fruit of their one time engagement of curiosity and spur of the moment came, she got pregnant. Her anxiety and fear of disappointing her parents were swept gone when she found herself locked in between her parents' arms, they were happy.

 

It went smooth sailing, both parties were very supportive until she got a miscarriage, the baby didn't last longer than 19 weeks when Sandy got a heavy fever due to allergies that caused her to have rashes.

 

She cried and cried until she has nothing to pour out anymore, it lasted several months until she finally recovered and luckily, her boss from the diner took her in again, Haeyong on the other hand didn't leave her side at all. He was there, comforting and crying with her as they mourn at the loss of their love child. They weren't married yet by papers but in their hearts and souls, they are.

 

They tried again and again and again but nothing happened, when a free check up visited their hometown, that's when she knew that she might not be able to bear an offspring due to the position of her reproductive area and the doctor also told them she already had 2 miscarriages after her first one - which explains the big red spots she noticed before when she's in the middle of taking a bath and during her excretion, she thought they were just the signs of her monthly visit.

 

It left her devastated and mad to herself, calling herself as a murderer who killed 3 innocent people and that's when she never allowed Haeyong to do anything with her ually - he protested at first though but agreed sooner, their relationship was slowly slipping but Haeyong never gave up, he still fetched her after work, gave her flowers and brought her to dates but they know it's about a few tic tac of a clock and it'll be over.

 


Then the ding of reality hit her, hard and painful. The truth brought her cries and dilemma, she remembered everything. Her name parents, siblings, pets, friends, her work - she was a branch manager of their own business - and her, her fiancé.

It wasn't easy, one day she's that simple crew in a diner with a life partner that had 3 miscarriages, living in a small hut with Haeyong and parents who love her, the next she's a multimillionaire who has several properties in and out of the country, a siblings of both woman and man and was about to get married to... a woman. Lee Chaerin, that's her name.

 

It took her a week before she finally told everything to her kind old parents, they knew she remembered every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter