Introduction

MHTF

Meta humans. 
It was a popular topic lately. Always going around social media, people always talked about it at school, in shops, cafes... basically everywhere. The educational system had actually started a course that students could take to learn the history of meta humans, and what powers had been discovered.

What are meta humans?
Meta humans are, basically, just humans with special abilities. Humans that can do the unthinkable; that can completely go against the laws of physics without even trying that hard. Some can stop time, some can move objects with their minds, and some can catch a valley on fire in the blink of an eye. There were many known powers, but there were also many unknown powers.

There must have been hundreds that humans hadn't discovered yet, and hell, they were trying. The government had cabinets upon cabinets filled with files of known meta humans, and more and more files were added to them every day. The cabinets were categorized just by powers. One cabinet was full of files of people that could fly, and another was filled with files of people that could crush anything with their bare hands; whether it was a car, or a building.

It was a big deal these days, and everyone was still trying to figure out how meta humans came to be. Was it a mutation in DNA? Was it some type of radiation? Sickness? Who knew. It was a mystery to everyone, and yet some people were absolutely fascinated by it, others were simply terrified.

Who could blame them, though? There might have been good meta humans, but there were definitely bad ones, as well. For example, a young female that had the ability to teleport had gotten into a secret government facility, stolen important files with very sacred information, and released them to the public. It was terrible, because the next thing people knew, there were war crafts being taken because people knew where they were located and they knew where guards would be, and where all of the security cameras were.

Because of this, prisons were built that were especially made for meta humans. The walls were thick with a special material that they had found weakened all abilities, so each and every bad meta human that was found was put into a single cell, and left there. There was no bail - there was no getting out - because these meta humans were considered highly dangerous; too dangerous to be let out into the public again.

It was actually extremely difficult for humans with no abilities to get the meta humans into the prisons, so the government took action and created the 'MHTF', otherwise known as the 'Meta Human Task Force'. Basically, they gathered up a bunch of meta humans, and they trained them to be the best of the best. They went through multiple different training processes. First, they trained to be normal officers, then they were put into the type of training that government spies went through, and then they were taught to be assassin's.

You can never be too prepared, right?

Most of them were assigned to police stations, but there were twelve people that were put into, what they call, an 'elite group'. These people worked specifically for the government, and they basically did all of the missions that were deemed impossible for 'normal' humans. Why were these twelve chosen? Well, they were all at the top ranks in their classes, of course. They wanted the best of the best in this unit, and that's what they got.

Each of the twelve had a different power.

There was Kim Junmyeon, the leader of the unit. He could manipulate water. If he concentrated hard enough and actually tried, he could form a tsunami that could wipe out most of South Korea. He graduated the top in his class, because he had amazing control over his power. If he had formed a ball of water in mid air by using the moisture in the air and lost focus, and his attention had been averted, he would still be in control of that ball of water, whereas others would have dropped it. He was, no doubt, powerful, and he was a strong and caring leader.

Wu Yifan, otherwise known as Kris, could fly. He could fly faster than the fastest jet, and he always made a safe and steady landing. He was added to the elite group because, unlike most of the others in his class, he could carry a lot of weight while he flew, and he still wouldn't slow down even a little bit. He was strong, reliable and a good addition to the team.

Park Chanyeol. His ability contrasted with his personality greatly. While he was kind, outgoing and cheerful, he could control fire, one of the most dangerous abilities to have. Unlike others, he was able to control his power, and while others needed a 'fire starter', such as a lighter or a match, Chanyeol could conjure up fire wherever he was. Most people had difficulty with that. He didn't need a fire starter, because really, fire can start from any type of heat. All he'd have to do is rub his hands together, create the friction, and there he had fire.

Kim Minseok. The oldest of the group, and one of the kindest. He could drop temperatures to almost absolute zero, and he could put all of his focus into freezing one object from the inside out, while others usually accidentally froze the things around the object. The people that trained him were especially impressed with his agility; as he was extremely sneaky and could pass by hundreds of guards without being detected. He was graceful, strong and extremely smart. Minseok was an asset to the team.

The youngest, Oh Sehun, could control air. It's a bit difficult to describe, but to get the point across, he could conjure up a tornado worse than the worst tornado recorded in history; and that was the EF-5 tornado that hit El Reno, Oklahoma. Oh, that tornado couldn't even begin to compare to what Sehun could do. Despite his age, he was the strongest known person with his ability, and that's why he was added to the team.

Now, without much detail, there were seven other members.

Kim Jongdae could start strong, deadly lightning storms. He used to have a hard time stopping them, but now, it was the smallest task. With just his hands, he could charge enough electricity to start a heart, just like when doctors used defibrillators, and then some. He was, no doubt, strong, and extremely reliable.

The next member, Byun Baekhyun, had actually blinded one of the people that trained him. He could create such a bright light with just his hands that could literally burn people's eyes. He could also take away light. With enough focus, he could cause a blackout, but no one knew how far he could go with it. If he tried hard enough, he could probably cause a worldwide blackout.

Huang Zitao could stop time. Whether it was a whole city, or just one room, he could freeze all matter around him except for himself. Though, unlike most people with this ability, he could choose other objects or people that wouldn't freeze. On his missions with the team, he'd freeze everyone and everything except for him and the other eleven members.

Luhan was powerful. He could lift objects with his mind, no matter how heavy. Though, heavier objects usually gave him migraines and nose bleeds. For example, during training, his commanders had him and his other peers lift a building. The other people passed out while trying to do it, but Luhan did it and only suffered a migraine that lasted almost a week.

Kim Jongin could 'teleport', as people called it. One second, he'd be in one place, the next, he'd be in a different city. Hell, if he tried, he could probably teleport to a different continent. He was added to the team because, out of everyone in his class, he was the only person with the ability that could teleport himself, and more than five other people. He could also, say, touch someone and teleport just them to said destination.

Zhang Yixing had healing abilities; or 'regeneration'. Whether it was a withered plant or a human being, he could heal it. He was an asset to the team, because they often got injured during missions. With a lot of effort and time, he could actually regenerate a severed limb, but that usually sent him into an unconcious state for a few days. It took a lot of energy.

Last, but certainly not least, there was Do Kyungsoo. Though he didn't have that much muscle, he was the strongest, physically, on the team. He could lift objects that were thousands upon thousands of pounds and not break a sweat; that's how strong he was. Actually, if he stomped his foot against the ground, he could create a shock wave that could topple a building to the floor. He could move the titonic plates and create strong earthquakes.

Moving on, let's go over the groups next mission, assigned from the president himself.

For the past few months, there has been a group that call themselves 'MHX', or 'Meta Human X', have been reportedly scooping civilians off of the streets and taking them to a self-built camp that was similar to the camps built by Nazis in World War Two. Like those camps, these meta humans take normal, every day people and experiment on them. They were, apparently, trying to see if they could create meta humans rather than them just being born.

They'd take hundreds of people, and after months of searching, the government had finally located their 'base', which was in a secluded, non populated area in North Korea. No one understood why they were taking people from South Korea, but that wasn't their main concern.

People were dying. Their experiments were so terrible that dozens of innocents had died, and the government finally decided that it was time to put this to an end. It was getting out of hand, and the communities of South Korea were panicking. People weren't leaving their houses, they weren't showing up for work and children weren't going to school. They lived in the fear that they would be taken, as well, and that is not what the government wanted.

So, the president assigned MHTF to handle it.

These meta humans were far too strong for normal humans to handle, but they knew that their strongest meta humans could take care of it and rescue the surviving civilians.

The twelve men were actually on their way to the camp right now. Jongin had teleported the twelve of them to a location that was just a mile away from the camp (of course, he had to take two trips. First, he transported five of them, then went back to get the rest of them. He couldn't teleport twelve people at once yet.) From where they were standing, they could see the camp, and they could vaguely see some people ushering, what looked to be, maybe two dozen civilians into a big, brown tent.

They were all ready. They each wore their own suits that worked well with their powers. For example, Chanyeol had on a suit that was fire proof; it was especially made by scientists that specialized in making suits and weapons that corresponded with a meta human's ability.

Junmyeon looked at his eleven friends, giving them each a nod and earning nods back; a signal that they were ready. A soft sigh escaped his lips, and he returned his gaze to the camp.

"Let's go."

 


 

Hey, Krista here! I wrote this a long time ago, but I never bothered to keep writing because it was originally for a role play I was doing with a friend of mine, but a lot of people that have read it wanted more, so I decided to post it on here and see what you guys thought. So, if you like it, comment and let me know! If enough people like it, I'll write more, so yeah. xx