Final

Am I Too Late? (One-Shot)

 

“Hyunseung, I love you. Always love you.”

“I know Junnie.” He smiled warmly while caressed my cheek.

“Babe, say that you love me too.”

I always want him to say the three sweet words for me since us getting married last 2 years. But I don’t know why he never say that he love me too to me.

Sometime I feels hurt and upset when he just ignores my request. I think maybe he just marrying me because our family’s desire only.

To be honest, I do love him since we first met at our set up date. From that day,

I give all my attention and love only for my wife, Yong Hyunseung.

But I doubt it if he really love me as I was in love with him.

“Junnie, don’t be childish. You're grown up man and soon to be a father to our princess.”

I pouted and mumbling something that he couldn’t hear. He just laughed and grabbed a knife and cutting green apple for me.

“Aaaaaa …..”

I just stared at his beautiful eyes. His eyes that make my heart beating fast. His eyes that make my world stop for awhile.

“Yah! Junnie … Open your mouth … Don’t daydreaming at here.”

I come back to the reality after hearing his soft voice that keep whining at me just now.

“Huh? What is it, honey?”

He glared while pouting at me. “I said don’t daydreaming or I will knocked down your head!”

He swaying his fist in the air and make a sign to hitting me.

I grab his small hand and bring him closer to me.

He was now sitting on my lap. I hugged him tightly and he resting his back on my chest.

“Seungie, what if someday I need to be far away from you. Like I need to change my workplace to oversea. Did you going to miss your husband, huh my love?”

I asking him while caressing his swollen tummy.

He turned around in my arms and immediately cupped both of my cheeks with his pale palms.

“Junnie .. Why you asked me a question like that? Did you need to go somewhere?”

I can see tears that he trying to holding on threaten to fall down.

I put my hands on his and bring down our hand to my lips. I kissed his fingers and wiped the tears that finally streaming down his cheek.

“No, baby. I’m just asking you that you will miss me if we need to stay away from each other? For me, I will miss you even one day without see my pretty wife.”

I pinched his nose in attempt to make he laughed again.

But suddenly he hugged me tightly and burying his face on the crook of my neck.

I could heard he was sobbing.

“Seung .. Why are you crying? Don’t cry …” I patted his head.

He looked up at me. “Junnie, don’t leave me.” He crying again and snuggled his face on my chest.

I patted his head and lift up his chin. “I’m not going anywhere without you, love.”

I slowly kissed his lips with full of love. I want to show him how much I love and care about him. There’s no one can love him better than me.

He kissed me back and I can taste salty water on his warm lips.

“Don’t cry. I’ll be forever by your side. All I need is you.”

I kissed his forehead and wrapped my arms securely around his small waist.

Soon he fall asleep on my chest while his hands still hugging me tightly.

I smiled and watching the sunset was setting down.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I was packing my things with faster. I switch off the lamp in my office and getting ready to go back home.

Today is a special day. So I don’t want to be late to bring my beloved wife out for a date.

I’m so excited since today is our anniversary. I want to bring him out as a promise I've make to him last year because I was busy with meeting that I couldn’t bring him out.

This year, I want to make him happy.

I walking fast to my car and put all the things in passenger seat. I start the engine and drove back to my home.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Baby, I’m back!”

“Junnie!”

My wife ran to me and jumps into my embrace and that make both of us fall down on the floor.

He was on top of me. I chuckled at his cute behavior and his blonde dyed hair.

“I love you, Seungie.” I leaned up and kissed his pointy nose.

He just smiled at me while tracing the line on my shirt.

“Baby .. I really want to hear you say that you love me. Why you never want to tell me that?”

He sighed and looked deeply in my eyes while saying out his true feelings.

“You know, we married each other because of the family planning not because our own willing. I really do like you but saying I love you to someone is like I give all myself to that person.”

“You mean, I not deserve to have your love?”

“That’s not what I mean but I need some time. I hope you will understand me.”

He looked down while saying that. I know that he need a time and I don’t want to pushing him to say he love me. All I want is his sincerity.

I got up from our previous position and pulled him up too.

“So Seungie, tonight is our special day. I want to bring you out for a special dinner.”

His eyes widen. "Oh really? Ok wait! Let me change my clothes first.”

He said and disappears into our shared bedroom and come back after 20 minutes.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________

 

We were now walking on the old street town of Seoul at the same time holding to each other's hand.

We just had done having our romantic dinner. We were talking about our future and daughter.

It’s really fun when I got to spent my time with my beloved ones.

While walking, my eyes catched a bouquet of roses. It’s so beautiful like him. I wanted to buy them for him.

“Seung, you wait here. I’ll be back!” I kissed his cheek and running away to the flower shop.

I panted hard after arrived at the shop. I go straightly to the florist and asking her to packed me a box of dark chocolate and a bouquet of flower.

After I paid her, I was walking back to Seungie while looking at my present but suddenly I heard everyone was screaming at me. I looked at my side and I see a huge amount of light that getting near at me.

The last thing I heard that the angelic voice of my wife that crying for me.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hyunseung’s POV

 

I keep waiting for Junhyung with sweaty palms. You know why, because tonight is the right day for me to tell him about my feelings.

I love him but I just don’t have a guts to say that loudly to him. Call me a pathetic boy, but I was truly afraid of rejection.

So I have prepared my mental and emotional to make a confession towards my husband, Junhyung.

I was deep in my own world when I heard everyone around me were screaming at someone. I turned at their direction and to my own shocked, that person is Junhyung, my love.

I running to his direction and before I could reach to him, I saw his body been hitting by a car.

“JUNHYUNG ……………..!”

I hurriedly go to him and put down his head on my lap.

“Jun-Junhyung .. Don’t leave me. Junnie …!” I sobbing hard while holding his now bleeding hand tightly.

“S-Seungie … Don’t cry! *cough* I do-don’t want to see *cough* you crying be-because of me …”

He caressed my tummy and smile sadly at me.

“Agi .. I’m sorry that appa ca-cannot raised you up together with your umma. A-Appa *cough* so so-sorry. Don’t forget to take care y-your beautiful *cough* umma ..”

I felt his grip on mine is getting weaker. He turned back to looked at me.

‘Seungie, I’m sorry *cough* but I love you.”

“JUNNIE! I LOVE YOU TOO! I MEANT IT! I LOVE YOU! PLEASE DON’T DIE! I DON’T WANT TO LIVE WITHOUT YOU!”

I crying on his chest.

“I love you too ..” His hand felt on the ground. I stunned and then keep shaking his body.

“JUNNIE! I LOVE YOU! DON’T LEAVE ME!”

Everyone around us just could give a sympathetic looks for me.

Now I remember the day when we were talking about being separated from each other. I understand now because God wants to taking him away from me.

And when I was just want to confess to him but now he already far away from me.

Am I too late?