Dongbin x Bitna (OC) - Well Done Again Today

Produce 101 Season 2 Oneshot Collection

[Request by @femmiebindi~ Thank you so much xDD Hope you like this one as well ^^]

#Song suggestion: Well Done Again Today - OKDAL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcbkCcCwdbg

"Even if everyone says that they don't have interest in your sadness, I will always cheer for you"

Dongbin's POV

I walked into my school for the first time ever since I got eliminated from Produce 101. I was worried about how my classmates would react, since I didn't get to show my best sides throughout the program.

"Our star Dongbin is here!!!!" one of my classmates Doyoon announced as soon as I opened the door to the classroom, making me startled.

Everyone in the class began to clap and cheer, making me feel awkward but content with the positive response at the same time.

"Dongbin, how cool were the Nu'est hyungs?" "Dongbin, were you close to the Brand New Music trainees?" "How good looking is Youngmin in real life?" "Did you meet Lai Kuanlin Dongbin??"

Questions flooded towards me as soon as I got to my seat, but none of the questions were about me. They were all about the fellow hyungs and dongsaengs who I got to meet through the program.

"Did you tell Samuel that I'm his fan??" another classmate said, making me feel more uncomfortable.

"Did Dongbin tell you that he feels uncomfortable with this situation?" a voice said from behind, making everyone silent.

Yoon Bitna, my friend since birth, was standing behind me and glaring at all my classmates who were surrounding my desk.

"How many of you asked how Dongbin went in the program? None of you. How many of you asked about other contestants? Every single one of you. How about you find some respect and think about how Dongbin feels, yeah?" she said, making everyone stare at her in awe.

People began to mutter a few 'sorry's to me as they scattered back to their respective seats.

"Yah Kim Dongbin, welcome back! I must admit it was a boring life without you, but I survived. Good job for your appearances on Produce 101, it was great courage. You'll be working harder to improve from now on, right?" Bitna talked, making me feel at ease.

"You missed me Bitna? Of course you did, you have no friends other than me right?" I joked, making her punch me.

"But yes, I will definitely work harder from now on. I'm actually thinking of leaving from my current company. Maybe I will start studying, or maybe I'll find another company to practice hard in." I continued after whining about her punch.

"Well whatever decision you make, I'll be supporting you." she said as she brightly smiled.

 

It was soon lunch time, and Bitna and I rushed to get our lunches served. We took our seats towards the corner of the hall and began to eat our food, when we were interrupted.

"Dongbin sunbaenim..!" two female students approached us, with their eyes shining.

I looked to Bitna to see if she knew them, but judging from her scrunched up face, I guessed that she had no idea on who these girls were.

"Yes? May I help you?" I asked, trying to be polite.

"Yes! I saw you on Produce 101, you were really cool sunbaenim.. I'm actually a big fan of HOTSHOT and my friend here is a fan of Takada Kenta.. Were you close to them??" they hesitantly spoke, constantly looking at Bitna's reaction.

As soon as they finished speaking, I saw Bitna slam her chopsticks on the table and glare at the two younger students.

The two almost ran away without saying a word as they were too intimidated by Bitna, and as soon as they left, the atmosphere turned into a gloomy one.

I lowered my head as the whole day played in my head like a film. Everyone who talked to me other than Bitna and the teachers all asked me about other contestants of Produce 101, rather than about me. I wondered if I was this unworthy of caring for, and my self-esteem was getting lower and lower.

"Kim Dongbin.. It's okay. Even if everyone doesn't have interest in your sadness, I do. I will always cheer for you, you know that right?" Bitna said, breaking the silence.

Unknowingly, tears escaped from my eyes and dropped down my cheeks and then onto my school pants.

"No, please don't cry!! You know how bad I am at consoling people, don't cry Kim Dongbin!" I could hear Bitna starting to panic, and a small laugh escaped from my mouth.

"That's it, smile! You did well, and you did well again today as well."