In this final hour

I can't make you...

Final.

Whee In excitedly jumped as her feet touched the ground after that long and grueling ride from the city just to reach this paradise. She squealed, arms flailing, dimple showing, and Hwasa was just there to watch her friend losing her mind over the beautiful view just right in front of her.

“God, finally!” She screamed, attracting several stares from the visitors too. Hwasa had to smacked Whee In’s , indicating to calm down. “Don’t bother me! I’m just being a little happy here.” She reasoned out.

“Let the kid play.” Solar, with her pink dyed hair, said to Hwasa as she went down from the van wearing just a simple thin strap shirt, box-pants, and her flip flops. Sigh.

Hwasa, with her wide brim hat, just had to let out scoff. “She’s literally looking like a maknae than me.”

Fixing her shirt, Solar had to chuckle while holding the straps of her bag properly and stretching her body the long journey towards here made her body a little sore.

But the long travel was all worth it when it’s all because your friend is getting married. Here. In a beautiful villa resort. Privately. Just family and friends.

When the three of them received the news, they all went so giggly and amazement was written all over their faces. The venue was so perfect for an intimate ceremony.

They’re staying here for 2 days before the wedding, they have the time to enjoy the leisure. And to catch up with one another, on what is happening and what is poppin’.

“Whee In!” A voice shouted immediately. The three of them turned their heads towards the reception areas. And there goes the soon-to-be bride, their friend, but they always have this sisterly bond.

Whee In let out an indecipherable scream before tackling her friend, fit of laughter filled the wide lobby. Hwasa and Solar smiled widely, and walked towards the beautiful girl hugging Whee In.

“Glad you three made it! I’m so happy.” The bride said, hugging Hwasa and lastly, Solar.

“We wouldn’t miss this for the world, you know that!” Hwasa exclaimed, lightly slapping the woman’s shoulder. They all laughed again.

“And you,” The woman turned to the Solar, “You’ve been busy, huh? And please, I know you’re all busy with the business but please while you’re here don’t do any work! You workaholic beast.”

Solar giggles, “I have to work my off to feed my precious dog,” Another cackles from them, “No, but seriously, we are all happy for you Irene.”

Irene, the bride, their friend since high school, and always a sister to them.

Irene pouted, “Always thankful for you guys. Ever since high school, you guys always have my back. Thank you for always supporting us.”

“Ey, no need to be overdramatic Joohyun. We should all be happy, this is your time. Your road to a lifetime with Seungwan.” Whee In chided, patting Irene’s . “Speaking of your Seungwan, where is she?”

Joohyun, or Irene, rolled her eyes but still she smiles, “She’s at the pool side with Seulgi and,” A glance towards Solar, “Moonbyul.”

Hwasa and Whee In shared a knowing smile, Irene was holding her smile too.

“What?” Solar nonchalantly said.

Irene cleared and claps her hand, “Nothing Yongsun. Now,” With a beaming smile, she looks at her friends, “Shall we go to your room?”

--

“Joohyun’s really glowing,” Whee In said as she finished freshening up before going down the pool side and meeting their other friends, “Ah, love. What a powerful magic.”

“Agree. Time flies so fast and here we are, Irene and Wendy getting married.” Hwasa commented, putting on some sunscreen over her shoulders. Wearing an off shoulder top, she really need sunscreen on them.

Solar just hummed, while fixing her hair, then fixing it again. Should she tie her hair in a bun, or just let it loose?

“Hyejinnie, someone’s distracted.” Whee In smirked, nudging Hwasa as they both stood on Solar’s side watching her having a mental breakdown over her hair.

“Just let it loose, unnie. She always likes it like that.” Hwasa teasingly said, earning a glare from the older woman. They may have attended highschool together but they always treated Solar their older sister.

“What are you saying? I’m just fixing my hair, it’s humid here, I need to take care of this,” Pointing to her pink dyed tresses, “You know how delicate this color and it’s my hair, I’m not pleasing anybody.”

Hwasa holding up her arms towards Solar, “Okay, no need to ramble your explanations.”

Whee In just had to hold her laughter, although she can tell that the older woman is blushing.

But in the end Solar just let her hair loose.

Whee In and Hwasa just rolled their eyes, they knew it.

--

Solar never knew she could sweat this much. Irene, Hwasa, Whee In and her were seated in a table with a white parasol protecting them from the sun. With a cold cola in her hand, she sips it and goodness that feels so good. Hwasa with her margarita, Whee In with her beer and Irene with her sangria. And she just settles for a cola, she really can’t handle alcohol.

Well, she really can’t even finish a can of beer without getting tipsy. Cola’s her best friend.

 Then Hwasa spotted something interesting by the pool, she whistles, “Still an eye catcher.” She commented.

The three girls turned their head to where Hwasa’s looking and there goes the girl crushes. Seulgi, Seungwan, and Moonbyul. They’re just casually lounging beneath one of those parasols, having a talk and a drink too. But, what’s interesting? Girls are staring at them, and some are flirting with them.

Except for Seungwan, of course. Because God knows what Joohyun could do? She doesn’t want to know.

But Seulgi and Moonbyul? They aren’t flirting. They’re just being…nice.

Solar looks annoyed and she scoffed, that she averted her eyes towards the ocean to her left.

“Aigoo, you tamed Seungwan very well.” Whee In said, while observing the sight before her.

Irene just laughs, “You just have to be tough to tame her. But knowing Seungwan, she would never do something that will make me angry. I trust her. Maybe that’s the secret too, just trust and faith in each other.”

“Amen to that.” Hwasa raised her glass to the bride, Irene could only grin.

Solar just sips her drink quietly; the ocean is drawing her mind to its calmness. She could get used to this. And she could live in this kind of place, just far away from something stressful. She had to admit, her job as a young businesswoman and restaurateur, it’s making her endlessly tired. She needed this.

But suddenly, something cold was pressed towards her cheek, she almost jumps from where she was seated. She was surprised.

“I thought you might need it, Yongsun.” A gentle voice came, holding an ice pack which was pressed earlier on Solar’s cheek.

All of them laugh, Solar pouted.

Solar reached the culprit’s arm and started hitting it with her fist.

“Stop it! Not funny, Byul!” Solar groaned.

Moonbyul, the playful girl, is now seated beside her but trying to get away from Solar’s death grip. Still laughing, Moonbyul defended herself from the onslaught.

“Hey, I’m just being helpful here. You looked so flushed in heat. This,” Moonbyul held the icepack, “Is for your sake.”

“You could’ve just asked me! Not just putting it in abruptly!”

“You looked so calm staring at the blue ocean, I didn’t mean to. I didn’t even know you would react this way.” Moonbyul said, still chuckling while looking at Solar.

Seungwan nudged Seulgi, they are now seated with Hwasa, Whee In and Irene. They decided to join the other girls to catch up with them. “Look at them, still being a lovey-dovey.” Seungwan whispered.

“Christ, I just want to smack their heads and tell them to just kiss each other. They’ve been at this, since like what? High school? Damn.” Seulgi whispered back. Seungwan just shook her head, understanding Seulgi.

They’re still bickering, typical for them. Whenever they’re put in the same place, they are arguing about something. The girls, except for Solar and Moonbyul, shared knowing look. All of them knew and it can’t be denied that something is in there, between Moonbyul and Solar.

Sadly enough, the two couldn’t face what’s in it for them.

--

“Yongsun,” Moonbyul pokes her cheek, but no response, “You’re still mad.”

Solar just kept on walking ahead towards…where is she going anyway? She just stood up earlier to talk a walk but Moonbyul kept on chasing her.

“What do you want?” Solar asked, facing Moonbyul, causing the latter to abruptly stop her tracks. She faced an awkwardly smiling girl. Solar can now fully look at the features of Moonbyul, her gentle eyes, her pointy nose, down to the thin but still y lips.

Moonbyul suddenly got shy, she looks down but still holding that grin on her face. “We couldn’t meet in Seoul these past few days, and I’m starting to miss you, Yongsun-ah.” With that cocky smile, she said it to Solar.

Solar is ready to fall for that, but when she saw Moonbyul’s cockiness her mood went down again. “Stupid, Byul.” She muttered, walking away again.

Moonbyul winced at her own words, too. Why can’t she just tell it so seriously?

See. See how this relationship works? Yes, be frustrated.

 “I’m sorry if I didn’t go with you when you need someone at some of your friend’s event, I had something to deal with at that moment.” Moonbyul said when she’s on Solar’s side. But Solar kept on walking until they reached the shoreline where a gazebo is located, sun is setting and the sky has mixed hue of orange and pink.

Yeah, more important than me. Solar thought.

“It’s fine, Changsub was with me.” Solar replied short.

“Ah, Changsub?” Moonbyul questioned, she never heard that guy’s name until now. She’s frowning, crossing her arms on her chest. Hearing some guy’s name in Solar’s mouth, she didn’t like it.  

“My friend.” She replied curtly. No further explanations.

But Moonbyul still waited, but seems Solar isn’t going to tell her. But Solar has no plans.

Moonbyul nodded, as if hurt, “Okay…okay, that’s good then.” Who am I to pry, right? “I’ll go back in now.” Do you hate me that much?

--

Moonbyul doesn’t know how that conversation with Solar turned out that way, she just wanted to ask if she wants to have a dinner with her. Under these fairy lights and stars above them. But here she is, sitting alone. Her friends are on the hall, talking with some families and guests.

“Why can’t you just tell her you like her?”

She heard Seulgi’s voice inside her head.

She smiled bitterly, why can’t she? Oh right, flashback towards their graduation in high school. Solar and Moonbyul’s relationship, it’s going so fine. Moonbyul couldn’t fully say they acted like a couple, but they care for each other. Always having each other back. Partners in crime. The Circle and the Pointy. The Yeba and the Witty.

When Solar smiles at her, she felt herself smiling wider. When Solar is down, she’s the one who’s picking her up. When Solar hugs her, she will hug the girl tighter.

Moonbyul was so ready to make Solar her girlfriend, but someone got into the picture. Park Jaehyung, a boy who’s in band called Day 6. Solar’s first boyfriend.

She remembered Solar came running to her house, almost midnight. She barged into Moonbyul’s room soon after Mrs. Moon let her in. Solar came to her, saying Jae had confess to her.

Oh.

She can clearly remember how Solar’s intently looking at her.

Just tell me what to do, Byul? Tell me.

That’s what Solar had said to her, and do you know what she said to her friend?

What? He’s a nice guy, totally your type right? You could do music together. I’d say, you should go for it.

When all she ever wanted to say was, Can you just be mine?

And starting that day, she treated Solar differently, she didn’t avoid her but you could feel the shift in their relationship. She felt like she disappointed Solar, and she gave her up that easily.

Moonbyul looked up in the sky, remembering those times. Solar and Jae dated for a while, and her studying in college and earning the girl crush reputation.

And through Whee In and Hwasa, she just heard Solar and Jae broke up but that’s two years ago. And here, in the present, she’s still a coward. A , as Hwasa called her.

“Oi Byul,” Whee In called, sitting just beside Moonbyul. “Don’t think too much, we’re here to celebrate.”

Moonbyul chuckled, noticing that everybody from the hall is now gathering on this garden, and Solar too. The soon to be married couple is now standing on the mini stage, the lights are illuminating their beauty.

Whee In, Hwasa, Seulgi, Solar and Moonbyul are gathered in one table. Solar’s gaze went to Moonbyul, who is now smiling at the couple in front. She sighed. She hates how she acted earlier towards the girl. But the girl frustrates her.

“Ah, we’re glad that you are here,” Seungwan started, people claps and said something funny, they all laugh, “We’re so happy to spend this night, with all of you. I couldn’t believe that the day after tomorrow, I will be marrying this beautiful woman beside me.”

Seungwan looked at Irene, full of love. Irene moves closer to the girl, playfully pinching the girl’s cheek, “I’m your wife the day after tomorrow, don’t run away okay?” Irene joked.

The atmosphere is warm, everybody’s smiling. Solar observed them, they’re totally inlove. Wish she could too. Totally in love without a drop of hesitation. But little did she know, Moonbyul was looking at her, watching her eyes telling her that she’s just here.

“Can I just call my friend here, I know this is supposed to be on the wedding but I can’t just wait to hear what she will say about us, as a couple,” Wendy had said, “Moonbyul?”

Moonbyul was taken aback, she pointed herself. Wendy laughed and nodded.

Solar chuckled at how lost Moonbyul is. So cute.

“Ah,” Moonbyul said, tapping the mic, “What the hell, Seungwan?” She chuckled, along the others.

Moonbyul fidgeted, but she calm herself anyway, “These two,” She pointed at the WenRene couple, “Are really my good friend, since highschool.”

“I have witnessed how these two fight, but more importantly how these two love. I’m quite jealous of them honestly,” Again, with a playful chortle, Moonbyul scratches her temple, “I’m just glad you two ended up together. Don’t lose each other. When someone’s feeling down, pick that someone up. Fill each other’s gaps.” Moonbyul took a deep breath. Wendy and Irene looked at each other, smiles are still on their faces but they subtly looked at Solar. And they swear Solar could cry at any moment.

“I’d say, don’t give up on each other. Don’t go to the point wherein one day, you’ll miss each other out. Trust me, that’s not a good thing,” Some of the crowd consoled Moonbyul to not to cry. Moonbyul laughs, and she shrugs. “Be always there for each other. Through all the sunrises and sunsets.”

“You’re getting married,” Moonbyul straightly looked at the couple, “Seungwan and Irene, congratulations.” She raised her glass, and smiled one last time. Everybody claps as went down the stairs.

--

Solar was hugging her knees, the breeze easing through her hair, she started humming a certain song. As the wave crashes, she started singing the bits of the song.

“You’ll catch a cold,” A jacket was thrown over her shoulder, she stops singing immediately, “There.”

“T-thanks.” Solar muttered, holding the jacket closer to her body. She hides her face on the jacket’s collar, she missed it, Byul’s scent.

“I always love your voice.” She commented. “What are you doing here?” Byul sat down on the sand, inches away from Solar.

“Thinking of you.” Solar blurted out, eyes darting towards the dark horizon. Behind them, they could hear the laughter of people as they danced to a jazz that Irene and Seungwan loved so much.

“Why are you thinking of me?” Byul nervously asked, looking at anywhere but Solar.

“Because you’re the one who’s always thinking of me.”

Byul playfully scoffs, “What made you say that? Not thinking of you all the time.”

Solar sighed, there goes again Moon Byul Yi, she closes her eyes for a certain seconds.

“This is hopeless.” She whispered to herself. “Do you ever take me seriously, Moonbyul?” She said a little louder.

Moonbyul stops whatever she’s doing. She’s mum. She knows where this conversation was going.

“Why are you so afraid?” Solar paused, “Why are you so afraid…to be with me?” She whispered the last words as if the air could take it anywhere.

Moonbyul looks at Solar, afraid to even blink, afraid that the girl will disappear any moment.

“Tell me…am I that ugly to you? Is there something that you don’t like about me?” Solar swear her voice is cracking, but her eyes are trained in front of her.

“I can change… I’m always doing anything for you Byul. Since we were young, damn, are you that dense?  Can’t you catch me stealing glances of you? Can’t you feel how I deeply cared for you? Goodness Byul, I even sacrifices my time just to be with you.”

“Yongsun…” Moonbyul couldn’t move, yes, she noticed those glances Solar has been giving her, yes, she felt how deeply Solar cared for her and yes, all that time she gave to her she will always treasured that.

“But no, all you did was giving me up to some other dude who’s giving me attention, just like you always do. When all I ever wanted was to be with you.”

Solar waited for Moonbyul, god please let her stay, she finally cried.

“Can you…” Solar’s voice cracked, she sobs, “Can you leave her…for me?”

Moonbyul lost all her breathing for once, she need to say something. She internally screams to say something. But none came out.

Solar tried to control her sobbing as she puts her palm over but that just made her cry harder. She grips her chest, it’s hurts there…can someone please make it stop? Please. Solar took a deep breath, wiping her tears but it’s futile for her eyes.

She took the courage to stand, although her legs are weak, she stands. Moonbyul still looking like her soul just left her body. Solar then took the jacket off, she gently puts it down beside the woman.

In Moonbyul’s silence, Solar somehow found her answer. She understands. Didn’t she say she will understand Moonbyul? Even though it means she’s giving her up. She started to walk away. Each step, her heart’s breaking.

Moonbyul looked at the jacket laid beside her, Solar’s back going far away from her. She then sobs, palms on her face, she cried out. Solar’s question repeating on her mind, can she leave her for Solar?

Moonbyul always know what to answer, but the answer isn’t always fitting on the situation. Moonbyul knows the answer for Solar’s question, always. But…will she leave the girl who picked her up when she’s at her worst when no Yongsun was around? Will she leave the girl who has been her great support when there’s no Yongsun to call? Will she leave her, then?

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry…” Moonbyul repeatedly said, over and over again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

.......

A/N:

I TRIEEED angsty. TT 

No more of this. (Sticking to Finalmente's fluffiness!!)

Blame the sad songs. 

Give some of your thoughts on this! 

Byeee :)