Red and Velvet

The King's Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

      

Left to Right: Irene (top), Joy (bottom), Seulgi (top), Yeri (bottom), Wendy(top)

Taeyeon scowled as Sooyoung threw a grape in her direction.

"I hate you!" Her sister exclaimed childishly.

"Now, what has got you so riled up against me?" Taeyeon sighed, shrugging her shoulders. "From what I know, I've neither taken your food nor offended you."

"Hmph!" Her sister fell into her couch with a plop. "I heard you're getting new servants." Taeyeon lips lifted gently.

"Yes I am. "She smiled fondly. "And one of them has your name. Sooyoung."

"See? You're replacing me!" Sooyoung accused immediately, pointing a finger huffing at her sister. Taeyeon barely managed to stop rolling her eyes.

"Your self narcissism really knows no bounds, Soo." Taeyeon turned, passing her huffy sister a drink. "She just shared your name. Nothing else. I intend to change their names anyway, so that isn't a big deal." Her sister immediately deflates at her words.

"Fine. If you say so." Sooyoung mumbled, glaring slightly as the door opened, revealing five young girl's, with Joohyun right in front.

"Hello!" Taeyeon smiled immediately, watching as the girls eyes widen and they now immediately, getting to their knees. "Stop." Taeyeon sighed, nearly flinging herself into her chair. The five girls blinked in surprise at her command. "Now, the first thing you need to know as my private personal attendants is that you cannot bow to anyone. Not even me. I hate seeing and making people bow. We are all equals here, the only difference in being our status and family background. But of course, that can easily be changed." Joohyun's eyes widened at her words.

"But your Majesty."

"None of my eight sisters of the Kim Household are blood related." Sooyoung chuckled into her glass at her words, and Taeyeon aimed a kick at her sister's shin. "Ignore her. Sooyoung is feeling a little prissy today."

"B-but..I-I'm not feeling prissy at all your majesty." A tall slim girl replied with wide eyes, her dark hair falling past her shoulders in slight waves. Another girl clung to her from behind, eyes darting around curiously but warily, and Taeyeon assumed immediately that the girl must be their youngest, Yerim.

"No no, I was talking about her. My sister, Sooyoung. Both of you have the same name." Taeyeon chuckled, watching as all five girls relaxed.

"Do you know why I asked for personal assistants? And why I selected you?" Taeyeon raised the glass to her lips gently.

"No. But your reasons are definitely not simple." Joohyum voiced out bravely, her chin raised as she stepped in front of her sisters protectively.

"You are right. They aren't simple." Taeyeon murmured softly. "Have you heard what happened to the Kim Household when the king took over the throne?" She Sooyoung's back gently in comfort as her sister clenched her fists.

"They wiped out the entire household." A small voice piped up. "I saw it. But I couldn't stop it." Taeyeon's eyes widened as the youngest girl leaned forward slightly.

"Yerim!" Joohyun hissed.

"Seohyun Unnie was my friend! She was always nice to me! I---" The eleven year old burst into tears.

"Seohyunnie's alive." Sooyoung couldn't take being silent any longer. "Nine of us from the Kim Household were spared." Yerim's eyes widened at her words.

"You'll get to see Seohyunnie later." Taeyeon said warmly. "But first, can you five pledge your allegiance to me?"

"My lady." Joohyun spoke softly. "I thought you didn't have to ask. When you asked me back in the King's chambers if I was willing to work for you, my allegiance was already entirely yours."

"And your sisters?"

"Whatever Joohyun does is what we will do! How can you doubt us?" The hot headed one that fired back a reply clung to Joohyun's hand, a mess of brown hair falling down to her waist.

"It's not that I don't trust you." Taeyeon sighed softly. "What I will ask of you is dangerous. So I want to know where you stand."

"With you, of course. No where else." Joohyun interrupted. "Now what does your majesty expect us to do?"

"You will be my personal guards and assistants As well as informants. Yerim and Sooyoung are too young to guard me and do work for me, so you will collect information for me in the city grounds and palace grounds."

"Because people don't suspect children, don't they?" Taeyeon's head jerked up sharply at Sooyoung's words. Beside her, her sister barked a laugh.

"I like her! She's sharp." A wry smile cros

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter