fin

do you mind?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sana stood frozen on Momo’s porch, hand hovered over the dark oak wood of the door as she contemplated whether to knock or to ring the doorbell. Sana shook her head vigorously, wondering to herself why she took so much time doing something she had been doing for basically her entire life.

 

Maybe, Sana thought sarcastically to herself. It’s because you have this huge crush on your best friend!

 

Momo and Sana had known each other since they wore diapers. They practically grew up living off of each other and it seemed like you could never separate the two at any time. Hell, their mothers were convinced they stayed over at each other’s house more than they did their own house. So after all those years of having that close relationship, their skinship wasn’t much of a problem or concern when they transitioned into high school.

 

That was, until it did become a problem.

 

It started when Sana started to notice things about Momo whenever she got close to the latter. It had started off with sweet, innocent things like Sana finding out Momo had a mole on her face. Then over a course of time it had escalated to Sana noticing how soft Momo’s lips looked and wondering how they would feel against her own. Sana dismissed those feelings rather quickly.

 

It’s normal to think that. Sana told herself despite a voice in the back of her head screaming it wasn’t.

 

That’s because it really wasn’t.

 

Then, it grew to Sana getting some weird feeling in the pit of her stomach whenever Momo got close to the other girls in their group of friends. Sana realized fairly quickly that it was envy, a pang of jealousy hitting her whenever Momo initiated skinship with others. Soon enough, Sana realized that whatever feelings she had for Momo now were far from platonic.

 

She even went to others and enlisted their help when she was drowning in a sea of her own emotions.

 

“Hey, Tzuyu you’re smart, right? Don’t be modest about it either.” Sana spoke quickly to the younger girl, making her eyebrows at her.

 

“Yeah, I would have to say I am. Why do you ask?” Tzuyu set down her pencil and stopped scribbling notes into her notebook, looking up at Sana who seemed fidgety.

 

“Well, I just wanted to confirm something with you. So, uh, you know that feeling you get when you see someone and all the sudden your heart is about to pop out of your chest and you breath hitches whenever they smile? Or even when your hands get sweaty when they talk to you and whenever they’re happy you start to get happy simply because they’re happy? What, uh, what would you call that feeling?”

 

Tzuyu took a moment to scan Sana’s features. Was… she being serious? Tzuyu was sure even the most numb skulled sane person would be able to identify that feeling.

 

“That’s called love, Sana.” Tzuyu said blatantly. “You know I’m sure if you just talked to this person and got to know them better-”

 

“No, no I’m already super close to them.”

 

Tzuyu perked up at this, her lips formed into a knowing smirk. She didn’t say anything though, just turned back to her notebook and lifted her pencil off the table.

 

“Okay then, good luck, Sana.”

-

“So… I spoke with Tzuyu earlier and she said what I’m feeling is love!” Sana said and Jeongyeon nodded affirmatively, trying to restrain a humored snort at Sana.

 

“Basically you’re in love with whoever this person is then.” Jeongyeon added. (She knew who Sana meant, in fact just about everyone but Momo had a clear idea of who Sana likes.)

 

Sana nodded her head. A thought crossing her mind.

 

So that means I’m in love with Momo.

 

She could never tell Momo that, though. Nope. She would rather die in a pit of first-hand embarrassment than tell Momo that face to face.

 

So here she is, staring blankly at the polished wood door waiting for her brain to send messages to every other part of her body to something instead of standing around like a wax statue.

 

Fortunately, and unfortunately (Sana didn’t quite know which one to consider it) the door opened in front of her and Sana was met with the bright face of a smiling Momo.

 

“Sana, what are you doing standing around like that? You know it’s cold, right?” Concern laced over Momo’s words despite the fact she was indeed teasing her childhood friend. Momo leaned against the door frame and cocked an eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

 

The latter simply blew a breath of air out and pouted at the older girl. Despite what she felt for the girl, she never failed to annoy her on a daily basis. “Shaddup, Momo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter