final

if it's lovin' that you want

“Hey there,” Soonyoung breathes, pinning Jihoon to the wall after dance practice, “You know… you really do look like a drunk chicken when you dance.”
Jihoon stutters, helpless, cheeks burning as Soonyoung’s hand snakes down his arm. It’s not Soonyoung’s terrible insult that makes him suddenly choke on his words and nearly wet himself as much as it is their sweaty bodies mere centimetres apart and Soonyoung breathing violently down his neck. Not that he dislikes it – he just doesn’t know to make of it.
“Just kidding!” Soonyoung exclaims, pinching Jihoon’s stiff arm and swaggering out of the studio. Jihoon stumbles out a few minutes later, neck tingling and mind blank.

Jihoon dreads getting off the bus as he hears their stop being called. Soonyoung dozes peacefully on his shoulder – and he looks rather cute when he’s not making Jihoon emotionally constipated.
“I don’t want to go outside, it’s too cold,” Chan whines from the seat behind them. Jihoon turns his head gingerly to peek at Soonyoung. He wishes they could sit like this forever without a care in the world. But now the doors swish open almost mockingly and everyone stands up to exit. Placing a timid hand on Soonyoung’s shoulder, Jihoon shakes him awake. Soonyoung’s head thunks against his chair and he grumbles albeit peeling himself up to stand. Jihoon zips up his coat and pulls his scarf tighter around him in anticipation of the cold. He’s so focused on pulling the zipper up all the way to his collar that he trips down the stairs out of the bus – straight into Soonyoung. Jihoon squeaks and immediately tries to evade, but he’s pulled even closer by Soonyoung’s arms. Then Jihoon’s face is burning and his chin is in Soonyoung’s hand and their eyes meet – and then Chan whines, “Would you two move already? You’re holding everybody up!”
Soonyoung pinches Jihoon’s freezing nose and gives him a -eating grin.
“Got your nose!” he yells, dashing off into the crowded street. 

Jihoon chokes on his ramen, grasping for his drink as he looks up across the table. Soonyoung’s hawk eyes are staring straight at him. Soonyoung hasn’t even touched his ramen for a while, Jihoon realizes, he’s just been watching him. For how long, Jihoon has no idea. Jihoon likes to remain calm and composed – on the outside, at least – and Soonyoung is brilliant at ruining his placid facade.
To an oblivious bystander, their situation would look something like a date; the two of them slurping ramen together in the corner of a little cafe. Although, of course it’s not a date. The situation is simply Jihoon very much embarrassing himself in front of Soonyoung, who eats it up like he’s found a buffet after days of going hungry. Jihoon didn’t have a choice in this situation, because Junhui and Minghao, whom they had planned to go out and eat lunch with, inconveniently disappeared off into some side shop and insisted that since Soonyoung claimed he was starving to go ahead and eat without them.
Just as Jihoon’s hand is about to close on his glass, Soonyoung darts out to push it a bit out of his reach and their fingertips brush. Jihoon flushes and glances up, meeting Soonyoung’s steely gaze, which hasn’t budged from his face.
“Soonyoung, I’m choking,” Jihoon splutters. He stretches further to attempt to grab his glass again, so he doesn’t die early by choking to death. Soonyoung’s eyes narrow as he grins mischievously. Pulling Jihoon’s glass towards him, he downs it all in one slow, thorough sip.
“That’s too bad,” Soonyoung drawls all too sweetly, his gaze never wavering from Jihoon’s own. Soonyoung knows he’s making Jihoon flustered and basking in it. Coughing, Jihoon spits, “Soonyoung! What am I supposed to drink now?”
Soonyoung shoots him a sly wink and pushes his own glass across the table. Jihoon stares blankly at the glass and then back at Soonyoung a moment.
“What? You still afraid of cooties?” Soonyoung teases, giggling, “Ah, look. Junhui and Minghao are waiting outside. See ya.”
And so Jihoon is left sitting alone and confused with pink cheeks and a check to pay.

Jihoon stares at the television playing what he assumes is the millionth infomercial he’s seen in the past hour as he tangles his hands in Jeonghan’s hair. They’re sprawled on the couch, Jeonghan’s head in his lap, watching infomercials because they can’t be bothered to get up and find something more productive to do. Jihoon’s mind drifts far away, far away from the man on the television showcasing potato chips he claims aren’t made of potatoes. His thoughts drift to none other than Soonyoung and his confusing repertoire of odd behavior.
“Jeonghan,” he murmurs, twisting a strand of hair around his finger, “What does it mean when someone annoys you... in a good way?”
Jeonghan gives him a contemplative hum, “Like, harassing you? Or flirting?”
Jihoon’s fingers halt their ministrations. He had never considered Soonyoung might be intentionally flirting with him.
“Oh,” Jeonghan remarks, “I know what this is about. Soonyoung!”
Jihoon flushes, stuttering, “W-What? What about him?”
Jeonghan turns his head to give Jihoon a coy smile.
“What? It’s not like he likes me, he embarrasses me all the time! He– he must hate me or something!”
“Oh my God, Jihoon, he’s flirting with you. He’s not annoying you because he doesn’t like you, he’s doing it because he wants your attention.”

Struggling to ignore the sharp ache in his back, Jihoon sits up straight and stretches in his dim, computer screen lit studio. He sighs, telling himself that he’s almost finished as he clicks play. He’s about midway through overviewing his music when he feels his headphones yanked off his head.
“Jihoon!” a familiar voice blurts from behind him. Jihoon spins around in his chair, rolling his eyes at Soonyoung, the culprit. Jihoon makes grabby hands at his headphones, still clasped in Soonyoung’s hold.
“Soonyoung, I need those. I’m busy,” he gripes, trailing off as he takes a better look at Soonyoung. Fresh from dancing, his dark hair is pushed back and his skin glows with a thin sheen of sweat. Then he pouts, “Can you be not busy?”
Jihoon figures he’ll probably do something stupid with Soonyoung around him looking so good, so, ignoring him, he spins back around and starts making minor adjustments to his project. Before he can make too much progress, Soonyoung starts flicking his shoulders. When Jihoon doesn’t react to that, he blows on the back of his neck.
“Jihoon,” Soonyoung whines as he spins his chair back around to face him. Jihoon flushes, glaring halfheartedly at him. As he stares at Soonyoung’s puppy–dog eyes, he remembers his conversation with Jeonghan about Soonyoung “flirting” with him. He decides he’s done with Soonyoung teasing him without knowing if he’s really flirting or just being a nuisance. So he reaches out to grab Soonyoung’s shoulders and stare him straight in the eyes.
“Soonyoung,” Jihoon declares, “Are you flirting with me?”
Soonyoung blinks owlishly at him a moment. Then he leans in close, until Jihoon’s cheeks burn and their noses are nearly touching in an eskimo kiss.
“Does this answer your question?” he breathes, and to Jihoon’s utter embarrassment, Soonyoung pecks him right on the lips.