When I Saw Your Face...

Yellow and Green

 I hit the ball Mark sent me with surprising ease. It was sent on a crash course towards Jackson, who nearly dropped the quaffle in shock. It only nicked his shoulder because of his fast reflexes. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Mark smiling. I knew he had purposfully sent me an easy hit.

I hefted the bat in my hand. I was definitely getting the hang of this.

The bat in my hand blocked a well-placed hit from Yugeom, sending a bludger in Jackson's direction again. This time, it got a bit closer and hit his arm full-on. Jackson made a very unmanly squeeking noise and dropped the quaffle. I smiled as I felt something trickle down my forehead. I held the bat with one hand and reached up to my face with the left. When I dropped my hand, I saw red. I got a little pissed. So. Yugeom managed to draw blood. I grimaced, but smiled as an after thought. I still held the quaffle after I had been hit, but Jackson dropped it when I had hit him. That one-upped me on him.

For a good few minutes, I blocked the bludgers traveling in my direction with confidence, then aimed them at Jackson with ease. A few of them hit. Every time a bludger hit him, I smirked and thought Hah! Take that, Jackson! That's for (insert various reasons here). I knew he was going to complain about the bruises later. I proudly managed to block eleven goals attempted by Jackson. I admit that I never once aimed a bludger at Youngjae. I would like to convince myself and say that I did it only to give him some lee-way, as he didn't really play chaser, but I knew I had ulterior reasons. Only once in a while when Jackson passed it to him would I try to scare him by sending one close to him.

Near the end of the game, Jackson passed the quaffle permanently to Youngjae, tired of getting hit. Youngjae seemed to have mixed feelings about holding the quaffle. We wavered a bit whenever he made a move, looking more concerned for his wellfare than in scoring points, gaining some air with each move and rising higher. After a bit of dodging the fake attempts I made to hit him, he made a fast descent, straight for the goal posts where Jaebum was guarding.

The one goal that Jaebum himself had to attempt to block was the one made by Youngjae. 

During the game, Bambam just screwed off around somewhere else, catching, then releasing the snitch over and over again. Jackson looked pretty tired and beat-up. Blood was trickling down from his lip where a bludger had scraped by him, and if he had walked, I knew he would limp. I could tell he definitely regreted the decision to make me play quidditch. Jaebum was definitely not bored. He seemed to find interest in the game, his head following the bludgers back and forth. Mark, who had previously looked uninterested, was now more involved, although sometimes it was hard to determine who's team he was playing on. Yugeom was enjoying it, but he looked like he really wanted to hit me again. Youngjae looked a little scared whenever I hit Jackson but eventually he realized that I wouldn't hit him. It took him until the end of the game to realize that, and he only scored one point. He was more invested than he had been previously, but took care not to get hit by a spare bludger. He mostly just looked worried for most of it. His face only really changed when he scored. He got really happy it was super cute.

Once Jaebum thought I had had sufficient time learning how to be a beater, he blew his whistle. I was grinning. I had had the time of my life. Unfortunately, right before Jaebum had blown his whistle, Yugeom had hit a bludger from behind me. I didn't see him hit it.

I heard someone call my name. I don't remember who it was; I couldn't locate it as fatigue had started to set in and I was beggining to remember I had a concussion. I started to descend to the ground, turned to face Jaebum but before I could drop more than three inches, the loose bludger that Yugeom had hit came for me. It hit me in the back of my head, where I most certainly couldn't see it and avoid it.

For a moment I couldn't see or feel anything, the pain was so bad.

Then, I felt the sensation of falling. I couldn't feel my broom, I had lost it. I could feel my limbs flopping around harshly from air resistance. I still couldn't see well. I only saw blurs; the goal posts zooming by, the stands falling past, a black fuzz chasing me to the ground...

Then, the sensation stopped abruptedly. My eyes widened from the velocity of the stop, just in time to see who had caught me out of the sky. Their hair was black. At first I thought it was Jackson, but I knew Jackson had more defined eyebrows. This person was larger and had bangs covering their forehead. Their nose was more defined, and they had a small mole near one of their eyes... I knew it wasn't Youngjae, because Youngjae had lighter hair. That meant it had to be Yugeom.

The problem was, the person's face was slightly contorted, both with my double concussion and their expression. They looked very sorry, worried, and apoligetic. I didn't think Yugeom was capable of concern for others.

It can't be Yugeom, I thought, but I was unfortunately wrong. As my vision cleared up a little, his features came in more focus. Yugeom was holding me in a near bridal style hold, escept one of his hands was on his broom instead of holding up my legs. All I could think was: Oh, no. Please, no. Save me from this embarassment. I mentally groaned, but an old American song popped into my head that really didn't help the situation.

"I thought love was only true in fairytales.

Meant for someone else but not for me....

...Then I saw her face. I'm a believer!..." 

... and etc. I thought how horribly convenient it was that this particular song should be stuck in my head at this moment. I could not deny that a worried Yugeom that had the ability to feel emotions other than those evil was quite attractive. And, I did just see him in another light...

I didn't have much time to think about it as Yugeom took a deep dive. It felt like we were on a missle headed for the ground. At the last moment, he swooped up and we landed softly. I wobbled around a bit. 

"Damn it..." I muttered. I was utterly embarassed. I still didn't have my full vision back, but I could kind of walk. Kind of. 

I staggered away from Yugeom as quickly as I could as everyone else began to land but it was hard. Yugeom quickly ran over to me and forced me onto the ground.

"Sit," he growled. I sat. Jackson ran right over with a very pissed expression on his face.

"What was that?" he said, looking at me. "Why didn't you dodge that? It was an easy hit!" I tried to glare up at him but it was hard because my head hurt so much. Nice going, brother. Go ahead and blame me for it.

It was when Youngjae walked over stiffly that I knew I was in trouble.