What Made Us

Eight Gems and the Messengers(along with one lousy king and a bodyguard)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What Made Us

Authors Note
I just have to write this here that almost 2000 words of this chapter is explaining stuff and filling in gaps in detail. So, if you'd like the real chapter then you can skip down to where there is the first horizontal line after this one under my A/N. There you will see the real chapter. If you are okay with reading the stuff above then please do, it will fill in missing information about personalized stuff. There will also be another Authors Note on the bottom. That one whole part is that is itailic is the past, which is right between the two •'s.

The reason why so many adored the palace wasn’t only because of the beauties that lived in it, but it’s wonderful decor. And what got them, even more, hyped up was they saw the elegance of each maidens room. The truth was, every maiden had their room based off of a fairytale book. Not all fairytales ended happily, but these maidens still stayed happy. Every room was a circle, not a square, and that's exactly what made them even more beautiful. 

Taeyong’s color was pink, so his room was based on Sleeping Beauty. The door knobs were spinning wheels, he also had a life-size spinning wheel in the corner of his room. There were linings of pink roses, all in different shades, everywhere. Written on his wall in pure white was, ‘if you dream something more than once, it’s bound to come true.’ He had pink roses by his closet, in the bathroom, and almost everywhere. Right beside his night table was a beautiful mirror decorated with roses. These roses that Taeyong had become so attached to that he almost felt like one of them. Then, in the middle of all these roses and the room, was his white fancy bed with pink sheets. The walls were painted with roses and so were the bright curtains. His room made him feel like he had become sleeping beauty, and now only waited for his prince so wake him up.

Yuta was given the color purple, meaning the princess for him was Rapunzel. His room was painted as lanterns in the night sky, a huge tower stuck out of his wall. His door knobs were lanterns, and so was the light to his room. Written on the wall in light purple was, ‘destiny has a way of finding you.' Everything was bright with the lanterns and purple flowers always laid everywhere. Yuta’s bed was very high but it was like he was looking at the stars when he looked up from it. His nightstand had lanterns painted onto them and his clock was the shape of the sun. although he had a dark color, his room never failed to make him feel bright.

Ten’s color was bright red, so the fairy tale given to him was The Little Red Riding Hood. His room was painted like the woods and every was made out of wood. The room was either red or had had red decorations around it. His bed frame was tall and had red roses lining all around it. His red sheet was golden with red embroidery. Written on the wall in brown was, ‘oh my darling, it’s true. Beautiful things have scars and scratches too. As you’re pretty; be wise; a wolf may be in every disguise. The sweetest mouth has the sharpest tongue and the tamest wolf is the most dangerous one.’ Ten was always taught never to trust those who were sweet, but every single time, he’d fall into the trap of those who had the sweetest tongue.

Jaehyun was beautiful and his color was yellow. So what better than to give him Beauty and the Beast? He had a bright yellow chandelier on the top of his bed and the room was filled with candles. Along with candles his room also consisted of a bookshelf. The bookshelf had a teapot and teacup sitting there, along with Jaehyun’s favorite books and a painting of the rose from Beauty and the Beast. Just like Taeyong’s room, Jaehyun had rose petals everywhere, especially on his bed. Written on the wall in light brown was ‘I want an adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell.’ The curtains were bright yellow and his huge bed had red and yellow sheets. His clock had a smiley face on it and although Jaehyun was supposed to feel trapped, he felt freer than ever. 

Winwin was the color of dark green, so he was given The Frog Princess as his fairy tale. The floor was painted as lily pads and it was basically a river. The walls were painted as tree’s in a forest and there was also a frog painted close by. Written on the walls in bright green was, ‘what we are tempted to call a disaster is sometimes the first, painful beginning of a blessing.” Winwin’s bed had pink flowers that glowed all around it and he even had hummingbird as a pet, who he named Emerald. Her cage was shaped as a frog and even Winwin’s door knobs were a frog clutching onto the round knob. His clock was shaped as a lily and small round lights hung from the ceiling. Winwin had to say something though, no matter what, he’d love this room for always making him feel like not everything had to be perfect. Sometimes you could even kiss a frog and make him your prince.

Mark’s given color was teal, so his fairy tale was The Little Mermaid. His door knobs were sea shells. In Mark’s room, the walls were painted to be seen as underneath an ocean, as Mark even had a huge fish tank in his room with beautiful looking fishes. His bed frame was like a shell, and he had shells on his teal sheets too. The decorations were coral reefs and many paintings of coral reefs were in his closet too. On his wall, written in bright red was, ‘who says dreams have to stay just dreams.' He had a huge starfish table in the corner of his room and the lights above were air bubbles. Although Mark was supposed to be drowning in this water, this was the only place that he was breathing.

Haechan’s color was dark blue, so his fairy tale was Alice In Wonderland. His room was painted as the wonderland, with cards as frames, and tall hats hanging everywhere. The door knobs were a long face with a long nose that became the knob and he even had a secret lower floor in his room, that you could get to by going through the rabbit hole. In the corner of his room was a table, for tea time of course. The chairs had bunny ears and he even had a bunny for himself as a pet, who he called Sapphire. The bunny’s cage was shaped as a hat. The sheets on his bed were blue and black checkered and his frame was a black heart. He even had a mirror that had a sinister Cheshire cat grin on it. The clock in his room was a long hand clock that hung from the ceiling. Written in black on the walls was, 'you’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret, all the best people all. I know you think I'm crazy. But my reality is just different from yours.’ Haechan's room was insane, and he should have felt insane. But never had Haechan felt any saner than when he was in his room. 

Chenle’s color was black, and they thought that Mulan suited him best. His room was painted as a scenery of cherry blossoms. He had a huge red dragon painted on the ceiling. His furniture was all from China, to match the concept. On his huge bed, he had cherry blossoms lined up on the black sheets. The door knobs were a cherry blossom. Written on his wall in pink was, ‘the flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and beautiful.’ He had fans hanging up on the wall with all these different designs on them. Chenle was always told that he wasn't allowed to be himself, but here he was only ever himself.

These rooms were just another part of their everlasting beauty. Yet their clothes, they were even more wonderful. All of them wear alike clothes, except it matched their color. On top, they wore a long coat then a white ruffle shirt under and long black pants. The coat matched their color and it had little silver designs on the side. These clothes are what kept them beautiful, on the inside and on the outside. But there was a difference, on the inside, they were beautifully torn apart.

King Taeil sat down at dinner, but not like his normal dinner, this time he had asked his messengers to come join him in eating dinner. He watched was the six boys sat down, talking one another, while he talked to Johnny about some personal matters the boy was having. It was loud until Taeil asked everyone to quiet down since he had something to say.

“I’m sure,” he started, “all of you have heard of my nephew Lucas before? Yes?” Taeil asked, looking around at each one of their faces. All of nodded, which was a sign for Taeil to continue. “Well, Lucas shall be marrying one of the maidens in the palace of maidens.”

All of them smiled and Doyoung reached his hand over to touch Taeil’s. “Congratulations your Majesty. The maidens are quite beautiful. Which one will he be marrying?”

Taeil smiled at Doyoung and then turned back to look at everyone. “Maiden Taeyong and I have talked this over and Maiden Ten offered to marry him, and the both of them have even talked this through. We will be going to their house tomorrow to settle in some details, with Lucas of course.”

The messengers started congratulating Taeil and the king smiled at each one of them, although the others didn’t know what Taeil and Renjun had discussed yesterday, and that made Taeil feel very victorious.

Taeil came a sat down beside the young messenger who seemed to be in very deep thought. “What’s the problem Renjun? Worried?”

Renjun looked at the king beside him with very sad and confused eyes. “Jeno and Jisung were watching the maidens today at their house.”

Taeil nodded and placed his hand on Renjun’s shoulder. “So, what does that tell you?”

Renjun gulped and looked away from Taeil for a moment. “That,” his face starte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter