Phone Call

Phone Call
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minwoo finished his lunch at 3 pm. He was trying to write a new song but ended up procrastinating. He forgot lunch time, again. this was not the first time. It happened many times he lost counts. He light up a cigarette and started puffing his daily dose of nicotine.

Then he heard the sound of phone ringing. So loud it was echoing inside of his small apartment. Though he know it was not his mobile phone because the sound was clearly different  but he still took a glance at it, just because. It took him 3 seconds for him to convince himself that it was his home phone.

He swears he tried to shake his head because it felt like he was dreaming. He can’t remember when was the last time his home phone actually rang he can’t believe it was still functioning. Well, who use home phone these days. 

Minwoo rushed towards the door and when he opened it, the ringing stopped, so he stopped in between the door, left hand still holding the knob tightly. He felt at tense all of sudden and glanced at floor then at the home phone. The phone started to ring again. He pulled the door and let go of the knob and walked toward the table where the phone was located.

He hesitated for a while before picking it up. He heard sound of a person breathe on the other side of the line. He was reluctant to say hello first because honestly, he was scared. 

“Are you there?” the person on the other side asked after a few seconds of silence. 

“Hello?” Minwoo said.

“Hello?” the person repeated, sounded somewhat confused. “Is… is that you?” 

“W-who? Who is this?” Wrong number? Minwoo thought to himself as he held the cigarette in between his finger and rest his hand on his side. 

“It’s… it’s not you…” he sounded disappointed. 

“Who? Wait, hold up. It’s not me? Who am I supposed to be?” Minwoo asked, taken aback. 

“Who is this?” the person asked instead of answering him. 

“That’s my question” Minwoo said with a slight tone of annoyance in his voice. 

“I’m s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter