Chapter 1 - Toki Wo Tomete - Please Stop the Time!

Love's Melody - Toki Wo Tomete - Please Stop the Time!

Eight o’clock on a Monday morning, the streets of downtown’s business sector is already buzzing with people. All the nine to five, white collars are dragging their zombie like bodies to work while their minds are still busy recalling the fun they had last night. No one seems to care about the small art gallery in the corner but at nine o’clock sharp, the gallery always opens its door to the public.

 

Nine o’clock, the blinds are pulled aside and the entire gallery is bathed in the warmth of the spring sun. Jaejoong looks around the brightly lit gallery and smiles. People often complain about the misery in life yet they don’t seem to realize that happiest is all around them. Before the owner of the gallery arrives, Jaejoong would have checked all the messages left from the previous night, ship out any new orders and order new items that the owner might have picked up at a show. At noon, Jaejoong would take a lunch break and walk to the nearby café to enjoy a light lunch of sandwich and a cup of tea. This was Jaejoong’s daily routine and today was no different

 

In front of the biggest CD store in town, a huge banner on display was caught many people’s attention. You can hear girls screaming, laughing and chatting in disbelieve about U-Know, Asia’s new mega star, coming to their city. On a simple blue background, U-Know’s face was tiled at a perfect 45 degree angle. With barely any make up, you come see his naturally beautiful skin and those long lashes. His smile full of confidence and his eyes simply seductive; U-Know’s charm was impressible for any woman to resist.

Quietly, Jaejoong stood in front of the banner and admired the man in the poster. Their faces were tiled in a similar angle but U-Know is looking at the sky while jaejoong is looking at him.

 

U-Know Yunho is Asia’s newest mega star. With just one album “checkmate” under his belt, he has already concurred Asia. His unique voice, his manly features, royalty like charisma and especially his amazing dancing ability seems to have won over every woman’s heart. But if you ask them for the one thing they like the most about him, they would tell you it’s his eyes. Sometime his eyes are sharp like knife while other times it’s full of sorrow that it just melts your heart. Thousands of girl goes wild, screams their lungs out just for that one look.

 

This world tour when from one big city after another, no one had a clue why he chooses this small city for his final stop. Therefore girls from everywhere flooded the city and all the tickets were sold out within minutes. It was the first time in the city’s history that the police force had to be out to maintain the order at the ticket booth. An outdoor arena would be set up at a baseball stadium because the city’s existing concert halls are simply not big enough.

 

Jaejoong stood in front of the banner for hours but no one seems to be paying any attention. In their eyes, Jaejoong was just like any other fan. And who in their right mind can resist the charm of U-Know anyway. The sun was now setting and bathed Jaejoong in its reddish-orange glow. Jaejoong brushes aside the bangs that got slightly messy from the breezing spring wind.

 

In front of the banner, Jaejoong slowly traced a circle around U-know’s index finger; only those that looked carefully enough will notice a tan line around the finger that suggested something that was once there. Jaejoong smiled knowingly and walked away. But within a few steps Jaejoong stopped again and turned around suddenly. Jaejoong’s eye lingered on the perfect feature on the poster and those eyes that made you look just once and can never look away again.

 

Just before the sky gets cover completely by darkness, a man dressed in all black appeared in front of the banner. He had a baseball cap on and those black shades cover his eyes yet nothing could hide the naturally charming aura around him. The slight smile on his lips was both seductive and heart breaking. Slowly, he took out his hand that was togged away in his pocket. His finger traced a circle at the exact same spot. And then with one fluid motion, he pulled his cap lower, turned around and walked away.