Countdown

Hang on, Love.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02nd July 2017                                                                                                                                    

D-11 until Eunhae are reunited

It was nearly a quarter past twelve in the afternoon when Hyukjae finally had a break to look at his phone after neglecting it ever since last night. Well, he checked it for a minute this morning right after he woke up but other than that, he really hadnt had the chance to go through his phone and updated. He fished out his phone from his pocket before taking a seat and rested his body.

Once Hyukjae pressed the home button on his phone, he was quickly served with so many notifications. He had his thumb ran through the screen while his almond eyes slowly scanned it, reading it one by one. The most recent one was seven minutes from his mom, in her usual warm concern mode, asking him about lunch. There were some also from his group chat, with Heechul had a little bickering with Leeteuk and Yesung. Hyukjae chuckled when he caught a little point of their fight. Apparently the oldies just bickered over something silly, nothing surprising though. Hyukjae was about to join them in their argument until something caught his eyes that had him smiled so wide and decided to ditch s for awhile.

leedonghae just shared a post. 10:13 am

leedonghae just shared a post. 10:10 am

Those were what had Hyukjae smiled ear to ear so wide that he couldnt his gummy smile anymore. The best thing right now was Donghae posted something on his instagram page and the next best thing was the fact that he shared two. Hyukjae, who was feeling excited, quickly swiped it open to see Donghae's post and Hyukjae couldnt help but to beam and just admired the photo he was seeing.

It was donghae taking a selca, posed in his usual V sign, dressed in casual t-shirt with backpack on his back, his cap covered his now all grown back fluffy black hair, handsfree plugged on both of his ears that made Hyukjae wondered what song Donghae listened to recently, together with his rounded shape glasses tugged in his t-shirt while standing in front of his own advertisement that his fansite made for him in the subway station to welcome him back. Hyukjae smiled at the image and counting that it really was only days left. Days left before Hyukjae could see him whenever, wherever he wanted with no one could stop him.

Remembering that Donghae posted two pictures, Hyukjae immediately swiped down his notification bar and tapped the other notification that was sent several minutes earlier. Hyukjae was ready to coo at the next picture but the image just wouldnt appear and it managed made Hyukjae frowned in a second, feeling confused.

There was clearly 2 notifications sent to him and he knew perfectly that Instagram would not make mistake in sending it. Hyukjae was sure that there must be 2 pictures that Donghae posted today and quickly checked Donghae’s page but only to find one recent picture. Something was off. There was no way a mistake could have happened. The notification would still be sent even though the post was deleted a second after it was posted so of course the-- wait... Something finally clicked in Hyukjae's mind.

Oh

Hyukjae formed a smirk on his lips while his mind confirming that Donghae must have deleted his post. Deleted it, huh? It is so unlike you baby. I wonder what kind of picture you posted actually.

Hyukjae changed to twitter in a blink and his eyes were already reading the tweets one by one trying to find the truth behind this. All he needed to do just went through his mentions and timeline in twitter and boom everything was there. Hyukjae caught on with the situation, leaving him to giggle madly but at the same time making him missed Donghae more.

Donghae posted a picture of him looking at Hyukjae's welcome back advertisement and that had Hyukjae's heart melted. He swore that if he wasn’t sitting right now, his knees would have already give in, pulling him to kneel on the floor. Hyukjae just couldn’t hide his big cheeky smile after that. His baby just made a cute sign that secretly confessed he was missing him and that just made Hyukjae's day but he suddenly pouted his plump lips, his mind working again and now buzzed with questions of why did Donghae deleted it.

Hyukjae could resist nomore. It was only yesterday night that they both had a few hours of phone call and a morning greeting sent to him right after Hyukjae opened his eyes but damn this feeling. This overwhelming feeling.

Hyukjae just missed Donghae so much.

And so Hyukjae gave up and phoned Donghae. The line rang for a few time but Hyukjae felt like it was eternity that had Hyukjae shook his legs, showing anxiety. It kept on ringing until a woman voice spoke which was no other than the operator. Hyukjae’s shoulder dropped, disappointment clearly flashed in his brown eyes. Is he busy? That thought crossed his mind.

Hyukjae decided to have another go. The phone call was made and this time it only rang for twice before Donghae answered curtly, “What?”. Hyukjae chuckled and answered him calmly, “Ahh.. is this how you greet me? I miss you.”

Hyukjae knew that Donghae was smiling at that moment even though he couldn’t see him but Hyukjae knew. Hyukjae just.. knew.

Donghae clicked his tongue and answered, “What do you want old man? I thought you had forgotten me. I woke up to a good morning text but somehow the other person just vanished into the thin air.”

“Uhh..” Hyukjae exclaimed, “Sulking, huh? My baby is so rude to me and that hurts but somehow that pain can’t stop me from saying that you are so adorable, sweetheart.” said Hyukjae as he leaned on the wall behind him while putting his free hand inside his pants’ pocket while imagining the expression Donghae had now.

That one praise successfully had Donghae blushed hardly and smiled but that didn’t last long though as Hyukjae added, “I saw your picture by the way.” He purposely put a pressure in the “your” and dragged it a little bit longer.

That went unnoticed by Donghae. However,the man immediately raised his voice a little bit higher, “YA! You saw my picture but couldn’t even reply to me? Woah.. this one heartless man.” a deep chuckle came from the other line.

“Baby, I called once I saw your pictures. I didn’t mean to neglect you but I was pretty occupied since early in the morning. It was only awhile ago that I finally have my phone in hand.” Hyukjae replied in apology tone.

Donghae, who initially only meant to throw a joke, sighed before bringing his usual cheerful tone back, “It is alright, love. Anyway, do you know about tha—wait, hold on, Hyukjae, did you say pictures?”

There came a calm answer, “Yes. Absolutely yes and you finally caught on huh?”

Donghae widened his eyes large, shocked by the situation, his eyes wavered, “But I only posted one picture though.” Hyukjae quickly cut him before he could make up any nonsense lie, “Baby, I know everything so don’t think that you can deceive me. I am not a fool, Lee Donghae. Do you think you can slip away by deleting that picture?”

Hyukjae could see Donghae’s face went red. Hyukjae said in his gentle tone when he knew the other person must be feeling too shy to talk now, trying to speak as softly as he could though inside he was already dying to tease the younger, “It’s me, sweetheart. I miss you just as much as you miss me. Only few days left and it will pass by quickly before we even knew it. Just like how we had passed these 21 months.”

The other line was still silent. Donghae curled himself like a ball while grumbling long sentence that Hyukjae couldn’t catch on, clearly too shy to talk to Hyukjae, even more to face him later. Hyukjae giggled his heart out, feeling the situation was just too cute, it was later when he stopped and changed into a big smile, “Baby, talk to me. I have been missing you so much and you didn’t help by posting the pictures. Now, you don’t even want to answer me. You have no idea of how much I want to run to you and pulled you into a tight hug.” Silence still maintained, “Love, please. It’s only me.” the gentle voice was pure of pleading.

Donghae finally had the courage to answer him with a soft mumble, “How did you even see that picture?”. Donghae pursed his thin lips. “Then it means that you were on Instagram when I posted it but you didn’t even send me a text.”

Hyukjae let out a laugh in disbelief and said, “First, I was not on phone until few minutes before I called you. Second, remember that you are the one who took my phone and the post notification on your own account, right? Don’t deny it.” Hyukjae exclaimed when he heard a little squeak of protest came from Donghae.” He continued, “Third, I checked but there was none so I went to check it from fans. In conclusion, it’s your own fault that was not quick enough to delete it. I could say that there are so many copies spread in social media and I must say that I am glad you made that mistake.” He teased meanwhile Donghae now cursing himself for being so slow. He had forgotten the fact that all his fans were hyenas that were so quick to catch anything. He made a mental note to give award for them for being so fast. How on earth can they be that fast to capture and spread

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter