fin

mixed heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo n mingyu walk together after the party finish. Their coach treat the whole basketball club with meat. Well after a few games, it was a good present for their hardworking. They never thought Wu Yifan a.k.a their coach will spent his money for them. Besides, today is wonwoo’s birthday. So they celebrate his birthday along with the party.
“ugh.. I get the feeling that I ate too much..” wonwoo spoke while rubbing his tummy. This is the first time he ate meat until his stomach want to explode. Mingyu look at wonwoo while scoffing to wonwoo. “it’s ‘NOT PROBABLY’. No matter how u look at it, u definitely ate to much” mingyu replied. “but I just got too happy when everyone thought of me.” wonwoo pouted while recalling what happen at the party. Then his pout turn to a big sweet smile. thanks to someone who love to ruined his mood. “in that case, u could’ve just brought some home with u instead of eating them all at once.” Mingyu keep pestering the other. 


“hmm.. I actually have another one for u. another present I mean” mingyu rub his nape nervously. The other male only look at him with his stoic face before he reply.
“uh.. I don’t think I can eat anymore” wonwoo scrunch his nose.
“it’s not something to eat u dummy” mingyu smack wonwoo’s head lightly. He look something in his bag and show it wonwoo. the other was too excited because this is the first time mingyu give him a present. “whoa. Can I open it?” hmm. I wonder what it is.. “yeah.” Mingyu reply to him. 
Tadaaa! “a keychain?” wonwoo look at mingyu. his excitement gone as soon as he open the bag. It’s not that he’s not grateful with what mingyu gave to him but the reality is far from his expectation about the gift. “I thought you’d like it with the t-shirt u wearing before.” Mingyu said calmly. This hardly even counts as a purchase.. wonwoo thought. But, when I think about mingyu wracking his brain trying to figure out what I would like.. I guess I’m pretty happy about it. wonwoo grin to mingyu.


“thank u min--” 
“I love u” mingyu cut wonwoo’s word. “I’m in love with u wonwoo” mingyu stared at wonwoo while wonwoo is speechless looking at mingyu. “u don’t have to give the answer to me right now.” Mingyu smile sweetly at wonwoo. “o-okay” wonwoo replied timidly. 

.

.

.


“ I never would’ve thought that he saw me in that way.” Wonwoo thought and soak his body more to the bathtub. “mingyu is my teammate, friend and partner.. what answer should I give? I don’t know about dating in the first place and this is the first time I get a confession from someone and it’s from a guy!?!?!” wonwoo sighed. I do like mingyu. but I’ve never thought about whether I like him in that way.. that night wonwoo couldn’t sleep a blink.
.
.
.

“wonwoo. wanna go practice during our lunch break?” mingyu said while open his bento. “okay” wonwoo glance at mingyu who’s busy eating his bento. Considering what happen yesterday, he’s pretty much behaving as usual.  ‘I LOVE U’ that word popped up in wonwoo’s mind and that make him blushing recalling what happen yesterday. Oh no. I just had to remember that. “wonwoo. u have something at the corner of your mouth.” Wonwoo stop eating and try to clean his mouth. “eh? Where.. where..” wonwoo clumsily wipe his mouth and that make mingyu chuckle looking at him. mingyu reach his thumb to wonwoo’s mouth to help the other with his problem. “not there. *mingyu swipe his thumb on wonwoo’s upper lip* it’s here.” “KYAAAA!!!” wonwoo yelled and move away from mingyu with his red face. “yah! What are u yelling for?” mingyu scolded. “m-mingyu. aren’t u getting way to close.?” Wonwoo asked. “not really. Isn’t this pretty much like always.” Mingyu looked away from wonwoo. “well, if it makes u uncomfortable. I’ll stop.” Mingyu make this ‘I’m sorry’ puppy face to wonwoo and that make wonwoo approach mingyu back and grip at mingyu’s sleeve. “it doesn’t make me uncomfortable! Yo-you just surprised me. that’s all..” wonwoo explain. “what with that? it’s almost as though telling me it’s okay for me to touch u. u making me have certain expectation.” Mingyu turn his head with a blush paint in his cheek. “ah.. umm” wonwoo don’t know how to answer mingyu’s question just now. Well he does not hate mingyu touch but he’s scare and he don’t know how to explain that to mingyu. “it was a joke. Finish eating up so we can play basketball soon kay.” Mingyu patted wonwoo’s head gently. “okay.” Wonwoo replied shyly.
.
.
.
“anyone here want to get ice cream on the way home?” their basketball captain, Choi seungcheol asked. All of the member raise their hands up shouting a big ‘yes’ to their captain. 
“mingyu, what flavor did u get?” wonwoo asked while tip toeing to see mingyu’s ice cream. “it’s kiwi.” Mingyu reply while busy eating his ice cream. “what’s that? they have something like that?” wonwoo asked curiously. Well, this is his first hearing about kiwi ice cream tho. “seriously this is your first time wonwoo? so umm wanna have a taste?” mingyu showed his ice cream to wonwoo. the other eyes was sparkling when mingyu offered him his ice cream. “yeay. I want.” Wonwoo smile sweetly to mingyu. ughh… why did u have to smile like that to me. it’s not good for my hearteu. Aww..  mingyu feed wonwoo his ice cream and the other gladly open his mouth to taste the ice cream. Why am I so nervous? It’s not like we haven’t done this before. Wonwoo think while munching the ice cream. “rather than kiwi, it actually taste more like green apple right?” mingyu ask wonu who’s busy chewing his ice cream. “ah, I can tell.” Mingyu continued eating his ice cream. Why is mingyu is so cool and collected? It’s stupid that I’m the only one who’s hyperaware of this. I think I’m losing my mind. 


“until tomorrow then, thanks for your hard work everyone. Bye” seungcheol said. 
Today I’ve been kind of all over the place. it’s been nothing than awkward. I prefer the comfortable friendship I had before with mingyu. so, I guess I’m going to reject him after all. Wonwoo think while he’s on the way to his home. 
.
.
.
The whole basketball team is busy practicing for their upcoming game. The screeching sound of shoes, the bouncing ball and their heavy breath can be heard clearly. But then, there’s someone having a dilemma about something. “you’ve been kind of absent minded today. What’s wrong.” Mingyu said. He approach the pale white skin guy because wonwoo seem worried about something while practicing. Wonwoo turn his head to see mingyu who’s standing beside him with his concerned face. “m-mingyu.” wonwoo stared at mingyu. I only noticed after he confessed to me, but mingyu has been looking out for me a lot. In more ways than one.  wonwoo continued staring at mingyu and that make the other more worried to him. “um.. what is it wonwoo?” mingyu finally broke the silence. “um. Is it okay if we could talk about something on our way home?” wonwoo finally speak. Mingyu smile then gently ruffled wonwoo’s fluffy hair. “if it’s about your answer, then I’ll be all ears later. But for now, concentrate on practicing ok.” After that mingyu go to his teammate and get in his position as defend. Wonwoo only replied a small ‘okay’ to mingyu before he start practicing again. He picked up on my change in mood at once.  I never noticed it until now. And it made me realize once again, that mingyu was in love with me. 

What should I say to rej…..wonwoo thought is interrupted when he heard his teammates screaming mingyu’s name. his teammate is gathering around mingyu while wonwoo run to see what happened to mingyu. “what happened?” wonwoo ask.
“mingyu. are you okay?” Joshua ask.
“jeonghan. Get something cold for mingyu.” seungcheol ask jeonghan. 
“I was blocking with too much vigor and accidentally come in contact with mingyu.” junhui explained to their captain. Mingyu is kneeling while massaging his head. “you only hit me lightly. I’m fine.” The tan skin guy assured the others that he’s okay. 
“if this were a manga, this would be the point where he’d forget the one most important thing in his life or something along those lines.” Soonyoung said. 
“WHATT?!?!” seokmin shouted. “mingyu! do you remember the rules of basketball?!” seokmin ask while shaking mingyu’s body back and forth. “I do remember those.” Mingyu calmly replied. 
“but seeing as he’s never memorized anything that has to do with studying in the first place, there’s no way to make sure of that.” minghao teased mingyu. “oii.. minghao! You!!” mingyu glared at minghao. 
“if you can get angry easily, then I think you’re fine. But just to make sure, cool your head for a while and take a rest.” Their coach ordered mingyu. “yes, sir.” Mingyu replied.
.
.
.
After the basketball finish their practice, wonwoo and mingyu walk together to their home. On the way the trip, wonwoo recall something that he need to tell mingyu. “that gave me a quite shock back there. It sounded really horrible, are you sure you’re okay?” wonwoo asked for a nth time. “I already said I’m fine. See.” Mingyu close the distance between them and shove his face to wonwoo who’s bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter