Interview and a Gift

Take My Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For those who have waited :) I love you guys!

-------

After the initial shock from the storm known as Myeong Ju worn off, the two were back to their own world.Taking her hand in his again, Si Jin guided them to the gaming stalls and Mo Yeon gazed appreciatively at the wide array of prizes neatly stacked at each booth, her eyes straying longer to the panda stuffed toy that is sitting at the back of the shooting booth. Things like these made Mo Yeon feel blessed that she was able to get into a school as prestigious as this one.

Si Jin noticed her lingering stare and grinned as he pulled her towards the said booth.

“Ahjussi, I want to try this.” The guy manning the booth gave him a teasing glare.

“Ahjussi?! I'm your senior, Si Jin!” He reprimanded.

Si Jin only laughed in response, “Arasso. I want to try it, how much?” After paying for the amount, the senior gave him the gun.

“Okay, you know the rules,” Si Jin nodded in affirmation.

Mo Yeon looked on as he adjusted the gun and gasped when he was able to hit all of the targets without even breaking a sweat, she didn’t know that he was this good, it was new side of him.

“Oh daebak! Were you a soldier in your past life or something, Si Jin?” The senior gasped but was a tad disappointed as he didn’t actually want someone to win a prize although he reckoned that since Si Jin is his nice junior, he will let this pass.

“Something like that.” Si Jin was proud of himself, it seemed like his skills from being a soldier before is still etched onto his body.

“What do you want?”

“The stuffed toy over there please.” Si Jin gestured to the panda stuffed toy that he had seen Mo Yeon stare longingly at earlier. The senior looked at Si Jin then to Mo Yeon then back to Si Jin again and that’s when an imaginary light bulb lit up in his head.

“Ahh, of course you want this!”, he took the toy and placed it in Si Jin’s waiting arms. “You're trying to score points aren't you? Good luck,” he whispered and Si Jin just gave him a smile, “it's actually for redemption,” he whispered back before grabbing his companion’s hand and leading her away. Mo Yeon let herself be dragged but not before giving the guy a quick bow.

“Thank you, sunbaenim!” Seeing as Si Jin was quite in a hurry to leave and have forgotten to be polite, she did it for him.

The guy, still confused by Si Jin’s words can only wave back. “No problem…”

“Why did you went off without even thanking our senior?” Mo Yeon asked.

“Here,” he only replied with a single word as he presented the stuffed toy to her.

“What? You want me to carry it for you?” She was perplexed, he won that so why should he give it to her.

“It’s not that, I won it for you, jagiya. Isn’t that obvious?”

She can’t help the goofy smile from becoming visible on her face.

“Gomawo, aegiya,” and she was answered with a silly grin of his own.

“Anything for my Mo Yeon,” he slyly stated.

“Yaah… I’m not yours.” She may have said that but both of them know that there’s no real weight in her words.

-------

They were walking for a few minutes in comfortable silence, with Mo Yeon hugging the stuffed toy close to her chest and Si Jin looking at her with affection and finding her actions too adorable, before he spoke up.

“Jagiya, I’ll have to be in an interview in a while, will you be okay?” He looked like a kicked puppy as he said those words and she can’t help but a bit.

“Am I getting stood up?” She asked in a fake stern voice.

“Sorry,” he trailed off as he looked down in guilt, that’s all he can say, because he can’t refuse the interview even if he thinks that he’s not someone that should be interviewed in the first place.

He looked up right away though when he heard Mo Yeon’s barely audible chuckle.

“Don’t look so serious, I’m kidding.”

“Go, I need to put this in my locker too,” she continued as she held out the stuffed toy that he won for her.

“I’ll call you once I’m done.” He hesitated for a minute before gathering her into his arms for a quick hug while Mo Yeon stood frozen at the abrupt yet welcomed gesture.

He pulled away too quickly for her liking and gave her one last endearing smile before leaving. She watched his back for a few seconds more before going about her own way. The walk from here to the locker area is quite far but she is thankful for it as she needed a time to be alone to gather her disarrayed thoughts.

-------

As part of the foundation week celebration, Si Jin, being the most sought out guy in the school will be interviewed by the broadcasting club. Si Jin almost forgot that he’s currently studying in one of the most prestigious schools in Seoul so something fancy as having a broadcast room shouldn’t be surprising. It will be broadcasted through the school’s website so everyone could watch it live.

Even if he’s used to act in front of the camera, the product of uploading videos on Youtube for years, he still can’t keep all of his nerves down as this is his first interview ever.

“Here’s what you all have been waiting for, guys and gals! Let’s all welcome the student council freshman representative and not only that, he also happened to be the most sought out guy in the whole school, Yoo Si Jin!”

Thunderous claps and earsplitting squeals ensued. Taking it as the cue to make his appearance, he took a one last long breath before making his way to the table where the interviewer is already seated.

“Settle down please, we could hear you all the way here,” the interviewer laughed, “Yoo Si Jin Ssi, it’s a pleasure to have you here.” She stood and bowed in greeting.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Yoo Si Jin and aniyo, thank you for having me here.” He bowed a little to her and the audience before taking his seat.

“No really, we should be the one to thank you for coming here despite your busy schedule,” she insisted.

Si Jin laughed heartily, and a girl almost fainted on the spot, “I’m not busy. I was just strolling around.”

“Strolling around with who?” The in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter