Chemicals and Chemistry

chemicals and chemistry

Siyeon has a list of reasons why she is going to fail chemistry class. Yoohyeon is at the top.

 

Shes possibly the clumsiest girl in class, somehow managing to knock over the entire shelf of chemicals only five minuets into their experiment. Of course Siyeon also got dragged along to clean up the mess, being her partner and all.

 

Luckily for Yoohyeon, the older girl has a soft spot for pretty girls, Yoohyeon being no exception. Maybe her good lucks is the only thing stopping Siyeon from storming out of the room and leaving the brunette the clean up the mess herself.

 

The air in the lab is stuffy and smells of stressed out teenager and ten bottles of spilled acid. Schools is over and most the people have left, the science room is so quiet you could her a pin drop. The two girls are only a few inches apart, wiping up the puddle of chemicals.

 

Part of Siyeon actually likes being in such close proximity to the girl. Occasionally their hands touch when the both go to wipe the same spot on the floor. Yoohyeon always retract her hand, the same way the older girl does when her hand touched a piece of soggy food while washing the dishes. The latter occasionally glances up at Yoohyeon, the light pink blush that stains her cheeks is very noticeable. Siyeon would normally poke fun at someone blushing as madly as the younger girl but the former knows that her cheeks are a matching colour - are chemistry labs meant to be this hot?

 

They spend another ten minuets cleaning. Occasionally Yoohyeon opens like she’s going to say something but always shuts it. The only sounds in the room are the occasional coughs that leave siyeon’s mouth, she’ll remember to thank the brunette if she dies from breathing in all the fumes.

 

The silence between them only breaks when they reach the front of the school.

 

“It’s raining” Yoohyeon states, the older girl has to restrain her self from making a comment about how obvious that was. “You can share my umbrella if you want.” Siyeon’s heart skips a beat, this stuff is only meant to happen in one of those cheesy dramas her best friend Bora watches. She seriously wished she could reject the offer but its a long walk to her house and she’s not really fond of catching a cold. Maybe sharing a pretty (yet annoyingly clumsy) girl won’t be the worst thing to happen today.

 

“Thanks.” She tries to smile as she says it, to hide the remaining anger from the last twenty minuets of her life being wasted cleaning. “I live on the east side of town”

 

“I know, I live on that side too.” Really? Siyeon has never seen her on that side of town once, she need to get out more. Yoohyeon takes a stride forward and lifts the umbrella so its covering the pair. They start out on their journey, awkwardly walking next to each other in complete silence. Siyeon wishes she had rejected the offer.

 

Everything was fine until Yoohyeon fell. It all happened very quickly, the moments broken down into little scenes: Yoohyeon trips, she grabs Siyeon’s arm, they both fall to the floor, Siyeon is on top of Yoohyeon, their faces are millimetres away from each other. The older girl’s heart beat could probably be heard from space. The other girl’s cheeks could probably been seen from space. But neither move.

 

The latter’s eyes study Siyeon’s face, stopping at her lips. The older girl is sure this is some sort of hidden camera trick, that her friends will jump out from behind a bush at any second and laugh a her. They don’t. Yoohyeon just keeps staring.

 

Siyeon wants to run for the hills right now but every inch of her body is paralysed. Why do pretty girls make her body stop working. Why do pretty girl stare at her lips. Why do they look so good while soaked with rain. Why do their lips look so kissable.

 

Why is Siyeon kissing them.