Beginning

All Good Things

 

 

Seungri was a young man, he liked to have fun and thought that life was too short to worry so much. He was a little careless, sometimes a bit childish, sometimes foolish. Friendly, cheerful, smart. A strong personality. But there was one thing he had better than anyone else.

He always had a big heart, always cared about people and believed in love. And that is why he was now going to that place, of which he knew that he would meet with sad people, lonely people, and who, even from the experience of life, received so little love.

He arrived at the place so well known to him, he was already a veteran there, he felt good when he put his foot inside and if he could,  he would never leave. He received as much affection from the elderly as he gave them, and this left in the young man's heart a gentle warmth, a good feeling of being loved somewhere.

But there was someone he just wanted to take out of that place and take it to the world, show the best things in life. Things that Yang Mi could never live in her entire life.

But he never could. Seungri could never take that beautiful lady away. He worked as a language teacher at a school and his salary was low for him to perform such an act. But it would never be too late, and hope would be the last to die.

He was allowed to enter the place and then went to meet Yang Mi, from whom he was sitting on a bench, looking at nothing and doing nothing, as she always did.

He arrived with a brilliant smile that infected the lady, who, when she saw him, smiled even wider.

"My son Seungri, you came!" - Seungri hugged the lady who returned the hug. - "I was so missing you!"

"I was also missing you Yang-noona." - The young man sat down beside her. - "I brought you the cake I made." - he laughed nervously, knowing that his culinary skills were not one of the best at all. - "I hope it would be good."

 

Yang Mi instantly thanked him and began to eat the cake. For a moment Seungri felt sad to know that in that place, despite everything the asylum gave them, the elderly still had their desires, and even simple as they were, like a lasagne or a cake, no one was willing to give it to them. 

"How is life going here noona?" -Was a dumb question, but the young man still had at least a little hope that she would say that she was well. More well than sad.

" Great. "

Seungri was surprised by the response and looked at the lady with a dubious look.

"Remember that elderly man who came here last week?" Yang Mi asked, still eating a few pieces of the cake.

"Kwan-hyung?"

"Yes." - She swallowed another piece of cake before spoke and Seungri was dying of curiosity. - "We're dating."

The younger man opened his eyes in surprise, then burst out laughing, which caught the attention of the others nearby.

"Noona ?! What do you mean ?!" - he asked, still laughing.

"Yesterday he kissed me, but don't you tell anyone ..." - said the lady in a whisper, then began to laugh.

"Noona... No comments." - Seungri never thought that Yang Mi, the most irritated lady in the place, would one day get to dating. Even there, where everything was so rigid.

"There he is."

 

He turned his gaze to look where Yang Mi was aimlessly pointing. Kwan was an elderly man from whom Seungri had had little contact, but he could be said to be a good person. Like all the other elderly people, Seungri didn't know why he was there ... he didn't deserve it.

But his eyes drifted to another person, who was with Mr. Kwan. The teacher had never seen him there.

"Who is he, noona?" - He asked without indicating who, hoping she would understand who he was talking about. 

"That young man?" - Seungri agreed. - "He's a young man who started to come here ... He always plays guitar for us."

And in fact, the young man was playing the guitar and singing to a little old people's circle that looked at him excitedly. He had darker skin than Seungri and was a little short.

Cute.

"What's his name?" - He asked to the elder again, but he realized that it had been a mistake when Yang Mi said she would tell Youngbae that Seungri was interested, and even started calling the name of the man. Seungri had such a good luck that no one become to heard.

It was impressive for Seungri that there was someone there who was not an asylum worker besides himself. Most of the elderly rarely received any visits, and were only cared for by the staff. No children, no friends, no nephews, no grandchildren. No one.

"Let's go with them." - Yang Mi got up with difficulty and Seungri helped her, but even so, he denied.

"No, no, no, let's stay right here ..."

"Come on, I want to hear music." - The elder said in a sullen voice, and the young man simply had to obey her like a child.

 

The two arrived slowly among the elderly circle, Yang Mi sat on the bench next to Kwan, exchanging glances from time to time.

Seungri listened to the music the brunette sang. It was actually a song he didn't know, and it was supposed to be an old song. But he would not deny that the man's voice was beautiful. He was handsome himself. Despite the height, he looked like a grown man, a family man.

The music stopped and Seungri got out of his thoughts and for a little while, their gaze met. Seungri kept his gaze.

The elderly people talked to the brunette, saying that he sang very well. Youngbae, for his part, thanked the elderly with a smile, and repeatedly turned his gaze to Seungri. A thing that didn't go unnoticed by the youngest.

Little by little, the elderly retired from the circle to walk, eat or simply stay in places where no one would disturb them, so that the mind would empty and in some cases, filled with memories of the past.

 

 

Later, Seungri walked behind Yang Mi and Kwan, following them with light footsteps and with his mouth completely closed. Not because he wanted to, but the old couple simply forgot the world and the visitors themselves as they talked to each other. Consequently, the dark-haired singer walked beside him, being completely ignored as well. They had not even exchanged a word. They were just looking at the landscape that Seungri already knew by heart, as if it were the greatest wonderful thing in the world.

They stayed like this for a long time, until the visiting hours ran out. It was time to say goodbye to the elderly two,  who would not leave each other well, as if they were married for a lifetime.

 

"They make a beautiful couple, right?" - Asked shyly the brunette, making contact with the youngest for the first time. Seungri smiled shyly too and just nodded.

Youngbae was more hesitant to speak, since Seungri had not said a word when he answered. But it would not hurt to try a little. 

" Are you new here? "

The younger one gave a low laugh, holding up not to kick the brunette. 3 years going to that place to Youngbae just come in and ask that.

"No ... I've been here for about three years."

"Ah ... I've never seen you around here." -  replied the older man, hoping that a conversation would begin from there.

"I've never seen you around here either, when did you start coming?" - Seungri felt more confident as he spoke now, noting that the man could be even more timid than he. But he could not help feeling his cheeks burn.

"Last week. I moved here a few days ago and as soon as I saw the asylums I decided to come and visit." - Youngbae looked at the young man's face in detail, realizing how he had catchy eyes and smooth skin like a baby's . - " How old are you? "

"I'm 26, why?" - Seungri had in mind the huge urge to sit and talk to the oldest for a long time. For months he didn't make a new friend, sometimes some colleagues here or there, but nothing much. Although this was another excuse to get to know the brunette better, in both ways.

"You look younger." - he said normally.

"Are you calling me old?" - He asked, pretending to be offended. Youngbae let out a laugh that sincerely lit a fire inside Seungri, which he obviously managed to hide very well.

"If you're old, I must be a mummy."

Seungri burst out laughing, the typical of his, and this time it was Youngbae who felt that his heart was in an oven.

They reached the entrance to the asylum and paused for a moment. Seungri wanted so badly to ask for the number of the brunette, so much that perhaps the karma prevented him, because at that same moment, he saw that his bus was preparing to leave. All he could do was say a "Gotta go, see ya" and run away.

Youngbae simply stood there, laughing as he watched the young man rush off desperately behind the bus.

 

Both wanting at least that they could have more time to talk at the next meeting.

 

~~

 

 

Seungri was already so tired that he couldn't stand another class. Working with teenagers wasn't one of their worst problems at all, in that school, by some miracle, the students were dedicated. The school was public, but to be there it was necessary to pass in a test, so there were only people really interested in learning. The problem was that because of it, Seungri had to give 8 classes every day. And the classes needed to be with quality.

"Teacher, do you have a wife?"

Seungri looked at the girl who had asked such a question with intent to tell her to finish the lesson.But it seemed that she had already done it all.

"Why are you asking this , Alicia?"

"Just a question, teacher." - Seungri looked at her for a while. The student was one of the prettiest in the school, and she seemed to enjoy his class very much, she always do the lessons and talk to him. But that question had caught him by surprise. Of course he had girlfriends in the past, and he had even kissed some guys, but he'd never thought of getting married. He hadn't found the right person.

"I have no wife, Alicia."

"Want to have it?" - Seungri looked at the girl again. He didn't know if it was his impression but the malice in her voice was a bit obvious.

 

"Maybe. "

 

The signal then rang and the teacher thanked it, now he just had to go home and rest. He was even more grateful when he remembered that he was going to hitchhike with his friend Jiyong, who had offered to pick up his friend at school, as he had his car broken.

"Until next week, teacher." Alicia said and smiled at Seungri who answered her in the same way.

The teacher took out his bag and his briefcases to leave the room and drive out of school. As soon as he arrived at the gate, he spotted his friend waiting for him in the car. He laughed covertly when he saw that he was his nails.

 

"Hi hyung, how's your nails?" - He got in the car and greeted him.

"They're beautiful."- he chuckled. - "How beautiful is my baby! Visiting the gym?" - Jiyong asked, starting the car.

Seungri and Jiyong were best friends for a long time, they had a very intimate intimacy and the younger loved how he was treated by his hyung.

"We have to, right?" - He smiled. The teacher was so happy to be Friday already and because he would be away from school for a while. Two days to be more exact. - "And the Seunghyun-hyung, how is he?"

"He's fine, he's home, as usual." - the older man replied quietly. Seungri was so happy to know they were well. They were a very intense couple, always fighting and the amount of mistakes they committed the entire time they were dating was enormous. This left a conflict between Seungri and Seunghyun, since Jiyong was like a brother to the younger. But deep down inside, he knew they were making a cute pair, though. "And you? Dating any student?"

Seungri laughed and remembered Alicia. She was beautiful, he admitted it, but he would never really be able to even kiss her. He wanted to be out of trouble and besides, it would be strange.

"I'll never date my students, hyung."

"You really don't have anyone there in your mind?" - Jiyong knew the child so well. He knew he was never without someone in his thoughts. He was with a new crush every day.

Seungri remembered the brunette he met at the asylum. Of course there was someone in his head.

"As incredible as it sounds, I'm not interested in anyone."

Jiyong looked at him quickly, but decided not to go too far. His friend was getting very clever over time, and he didn't know if that was a good thing.

" If you say so... "

~~

 

 

Sitting on the couch as he ate ramen, Seungri waited for the mechanic to pick up his car. It was his habit to eat a lot on Fridays and lose all that was fattened on other days.

On television he watched a humor program, which was really just another ridiculous program that taught people to be standardized, doing surgeries, and lightening their skin. But he did not mind changing channel, so with that he became more aware of the country in which he lived.

 

He heard his bell ring, and Seungri supposed it was the mechanic. Finally, he would not need to ride a bus and get lost in the city. He just hoped the mechanic would not take much for his work.

He got up and went to the door, opening it.

"Good afternoon. I ..." -  the mechanic interrupted himself when he saw who his client was. - "Oh, Seungri? what a coincidence..." - he said with a smile.

The professor gave a nervous laugh, trying to get out of his trance. He didn't expect to meet Youngbae again, even with he dressed in a mechanic's suit that gave him a very masculine look, knocking on the doorbell.

"Youngbae ... Come in, please." - He stepped aside to let the brunette in. - "I never imagined you would be the mechanic."

Youngbae gave a slight laugh. He glimpsed the house of the youngest, which smelled so viciously. He felt in his own home, for some reason. 

"So ... Where's the broken one?"

"Ah ... the garage is right here." - he said, walking toward the place where the car was, and Youngbae followed instinctively.

The car was a VW fox, and Youngbae felt, for a moment, kind of jealous.

It was a beautiful car. It matched with the owner of it.

"This beauty must have cost a lot."

"Yes. Even with my little pay I was able to buy it." - Seungri remarked proudly.

"Where do you work?" - He asked, trying to pull on a common subject.

"I'm a language teacher here in the neighborhood."

The brunette gave an impressed expression. "Oh. So you're a smart man ..."

Seungri laughed shyly and hated himself for it. He liked to have attitude, but the brunette, strangely enough, could make him shy.

 
"Can I take a look?"- He asked referring to the car, and Seungri nodded. The brunette then leaned closer to the car, opened the hood, and began to analyze. - "Your car has engine trouble, we'll have to rectify."
 
Seungri nodded again, suggesting that he agreed. Even if he didn't know what  "rectify" would mean. 
 
"This will take a while ..." - he commented as he picked up a large mechanical box full of pieces to start fixing the car.
 
Seungri realized that the mechanic was focused on what he was doing, so all he had left was to stand there like a statue. But it would be a little uncomfortable, so he simply told the older man that he would be back soon and headed for the kitchen.
 
The garage was not closed, it was open and the intense sun of that day was leaving the brunette with a hellish heat, and to help, his clothes were fully covered, including long sleeves. To ease the situation a bit, he opened the first buttons of his shirt, leaving a small part of his chest exposed.
 
He sat down on the floor to start dismantling the old engine to clean some of the pieces. In the same second, he found Seungri giving him a glass of cold juice. It was all he needed.
 
"Thanks." - He drank the whole juice in one gulp and went back to his work. Seungri gave a startled laugh.
 
"Do you want more?" - He asked, a little embarrassed that he had perhaps ingenuously offered too much little juice to the mechanic.
 
" No no , thank you. "
 
The youngest then returned to having nothing to say, to remain standing there like a statue. Unintentionally, he fixed his gaze on the small fraction of the chest of the man who was exposed. Surreptitiously, he came a little closer to take advantage of the angle, since Youngbae was sitting on the floor and Seungri was standing, he could see the mechanic's chest, which had a tattoo. An evilly y tattoo. Suddenly he realized what he was doing and mentally punched himself.
 Embarrassed, he pulled away again.
 
Youngbae, realizing the younger's uneasiness, thought he was completely bored to be there.
 
"You don't have to stay here if you don't want to ..." he chuckled a little. - "I will not do anything wrong with your baby. " - he said, referring to Seungri's car. The teacher let out a nervous laugh and a few seconds later walked quickly to the living room, trying to escape from some thoughts that might bring up problems.
 
~~
 
 
It was already night, Seungri was beginning to worry about the mechanic, since he had been working for hours. The brunette man didn't seem to care at all. Seungri looked out the window sometimes and he was there, fixing it, taking out and putting on pieces as if it were just a hobby and the teacher just standing there, watching him. 
 
Of course he wanted to have that hot mechanic for himself, but there were some barriers that prevented him. He was afraid Youngbae would be straight, but not because he had a masculine appearance. He was simply afraid to take a step forward and receive nothing more, nothing less, than a rejection. And it would be even worse if the brunette were a family man. That means Seungri couldn't even make Youngbae suspect about his own ual option. 
 
He came out of his thoughts as the mechanic got up from where he sat and realized that Seungri was staring at him out the window. The youngest wanted to cry for all the shame that he has passed near Youngbae, all in just two days that he knew the man. 
 
To relieve Seungri's heart a little, the older man showed his big smile.
 
"I think that's all for today." - said the mechanic with a relieved sigh as he wiped his hands with a cloth.
The professor stepped out of the window and walked to where the elder was. - "There's still a few more things to do and I have to go home, so is it any problem if I come back here some other time?"
 
"Of course not." - There was a silence and Seungri remembered that obviously all that work the man had been doing would not be for free. - "How much do I have to pay for all of your work?"
 
"A rectification costs at least 2,500." Youngbae said with a firm voice. Seungri felt as if someone stabbed him in the ribs, besides the house bills, the things he needed to buy for Yang Mi, and even the money he kept to get the lady out of the asylum, he still had to pay at least 2,500 for the mechanic. At least. 
 
While Seungri was wailing, Youngbae approached a little of the younger with a smile that the teacher couldn't decipher.
 
"But you can pay me with a kiss."
 
The younger one looked into the mechanic's eyes a little dazed. It was taken a few minutes to Seungri realize what Youngbae just had said. 
 
" What? "
 
Youngbae let out an amused laugh, and the teacher came out of his amazement with a desire to slap the brunette. 
Where did the shy, cute boy went?
 
"I think I'm going to owe you ..." - he said, laughing a bit to ease the mood.
 
Youngbae laughed again.
 
"I'll charge you."
 
Seungri knew that his face should now be redder than pepper. All he wanted was to smile and cry together because of the mechanic's lack of shame.
 
"I think you'd better go ..." - he said trying to avoid his own shyness. 
 
"Oh. Are you kicking me out?" - Youngbae was having so much fun teasing the younger one and seeing the result appear on the teacher's cheeks. - "By the way, are you going to the asylum tomorrow?" - He asked with the mechanical case already in his hands.
 
"Yeah, I always go there on weekends. " 
 
"So Iet's meet there. We can have a better talk then." - he said normally, but Seungri could feel a slight malice in that phrase.
 
The young man accompanied the mechanic to the door and before leaving, the brunette asked Seungri to think through his proposal, before letting the professor there, speechless, with his cheeks red and his heart pounding rapidly.
 
Youngbae would be a stone in Seungri's shoe. And what irritated the teacher even more was that he didn't care about it.
 
His heart was saying him to just ride , though.