Seunghyun in Confusionland

Seunghyun in Confusionland

I actually made a start on this in August of last year, and I've been working on it on and off ever since. It's about twice as long as it was originally meant to be, and the original idea was only the first half. I think I might have got a bit carried away with the second half, and I realised about halfway through writing that bit that you guys might not even like it that much, but I just kinda wrote it anyway.

Anyway, enjoy, and please tell me what you think :)

 

Seunghyun woke up slowly, his head feeling fuzzy, like it was full of cotton balls. He didn't normally go out and get drunk, clubs weren't really his scene, but Taemin had convinced him into it last night, telling him how much he'd loved it last time. Seunghyun didn't even remember the time Taemin had been talking about. He must really have drunk a lot to forget about that entire night.

As more of his senses cleared, and so did his head, he realised that he wasn't where he thought he'd be. Rather than in his dorm room, where he was sure he'd gone to sleep, he was in what looked like someone else's room. The bed he was in was large, larger than he was used to, and the sheets on it were a light green.

Looking around the rest of the room, he noticed that it was... sparse. Not empty, but the room of someone who could put their things throughout an entire house. Quite the opposite from life in a dorm, where most personal items were kept in your own room, making it quite cluttered.

There didn't seem to be any of his belongings other than what he was wearing, either, which he would have expected to have with him if he'd somehow made his way in here while drunk. There was no sign of his phone, or even his wallet, which he was sure he'd had with him the night before, and he definitely wouldn't have gone anywhere without. Maybe they'd been taken off him? Or did he leave them somewhere before coming here?

He stumbled out of bed, and began to check the floors, just to make sure that his things weren't hiding under the bed. There were a few things being kept under the bed, but there was no sign of a phone or a wallet.

There wasn't too much clutter on the floor of the room, unlike his dorm. This made it easier to search through, as there were only a few t shirts to lift and books to move, but also made it more confusing for Seunghyun. Surely his things had to be here somewhere?

Well, maybe his things weren't in here after all. Maybe one of s had them, or maybe the person whose house this was had put them somewhere more safe. Either way, they clearly weren't in here. Getting out of here would be a better plan.

Looking out of the window quickly, Seunghyun noticed that he was quite high up. There were other high rise buildings around, and it seemed to be quite an affluent area. It made him wonder even more how he even got into this place in the first place.

Seunghyun noticed that there were a few photo frames with pictures in on the chest of drawers on the other side of the room, but looking at them were less of a priority than finding some clothes and looking around the place he was in, preferably in order to find his way out and get back to the dorm. After all, s would surely be looking for him if he wasn't where he should be.

As he rummaged through the clothes in the closet, he noticed that most of them were expensive and extravagant. Clearly whoever's house he was in was well off. He dressed himself in clothes that he would normally only wear on stage, and only then after a lot of persuasion. Standing in front of the mirror that was hung on the wall, he noticed just how well the clothes he'd chosen fitted him. Just by coincidence, it seemed that the person whose house he was in was the same height and size as him. He then ventured out of the bedroom he was in.

"Hellooooooooooooo?" He shouted. Surely whoever had brought him here would be around, right? He waited for a minute to see if there would be any response, or if the mysterious apartment owner would appear, but nothing happened.

The walls of the house were pale, but had some abstract looking art hanging on them. Given that Seunghyun had very little interest in art, nor did he know anyone who was, he couldn't tell whether they were expensive or not (although he suspected that they were).

He had a look around some of the other rooms - maybe the owner simply hadn't heard him. There were two other bedrooms that he found, both of which seemed to be spare bedrooms. They were done in neutral colours, and didn't seem to have any personal items in. They weren't really worth looking around.

There was a bathroom, which was done up in what seemed to be black marble and shiny chrome. It looked extremely well looked after - maybe whoever lived here could afford to hire a maid to clean everything thoroughly. He found no sign of another person in the apartment though.

There was one more door, which Seunghyun couldn't open. There was a keyhole, so he assumed that it was locked, but despite going back to the bedroom he woke up in and searching for a key, he could find no way of opening the door. He gave up, and explored in the other direction.

As he walked into what he suspected was a living room, by the sofas in it, he saw many more pictures on the walls, some normal, and some more artistic. He tried out the sofas - they were made of very soft material, and he sunk down the perfect amount when he sat on one. All this evidence pointed towards the owner of this house being very well off.

As he looked around the room, he noticed what seemed to be a phone sat on the coffee table. Perhaps looking at it would help explain some of what was happening. Picking it up, he noticed that it was of a design he hadn't seen before. It had a stylised apple design on the back of it - presumably that was a logo - and the front seemed to have almost no buttons, apart from one circular one at the bottom.

Pushing the button made the screen light up, but the interface was like no other design he'd seen in phones. It showed him the date and time - well, it was the day that he thought it was, which was a good sign. It asked him to put in a 4 digit passcode. He hesitated - he really shouldn't be snooping around this person's house, never mind looking through their phone. Besides, the chances of getting the code right were very low, it could be almost anything. As a joke, not thinking that it would work, he put in his own birthday, 1212. Surprisingly, it worked, and unlocked.

Despite the fact that looking through it would definitely help him figure out what had happened, he placed the phone carefully back down on the table. Whoever lived here would probably be annoyed enough that he was wearing their clothes, never mind actually snooping through their phone.

The fact that he has no memory of this place only adds to his worries that have been building for a few weeks now. s have been referencing things that they swear happened, and that he was there for, but he has no memory of these things. Acting weirdly, like he didn't know them, dying his hair strange colours, going clubbing. He sometimes genuinely considered going to a doctor, because it seemed that he had some type of amnesia. But, given that they were in the middle of promotions, it really wouldn't be good publicity for him or for the group.

He looked up as he heard the front door open. He got up and began to walk towards where he heard the sound. Maybe whoever this was could explain to him why he was here - and maybe give him his things back.

It was a man, around the same height as Seunghyun, and slender. He was dressed up, as if he was planning to be somewhere, only Seunghyun didn't think that this apartment would be somewhere that you'd dress up to go to. The man was concentrated on his phone as he walked through the hall, and by the fact that he was avoiding the tables dotted around the hall, it was clear that he knew his way around this place very well.

As the man looked up and smiled at him, Seunghyun realised that he knew exactly who he was. It was G-Dragon - THE G-Dragon, in this house. He was only one of Korea's biggest stars, one half of the duo gdyb. "Oh my goodness. G-Dragon! Is this your house? I really don't know why I'm here, I just woke up on the bed. I swear I'll leave if you want me to." Seunghyun just couldn't stop the words from tumbling out of his mouth. G-Dragon just looked confused. Maybe he hadn't known that Seunghyun was here?

"Is this one of your games, Seungri?" G-Dragon asked, giving him an odd look. "Don't be stupid now, of course this isn't my house. And quit calling me G-Dragon in private, you know it sounds weird." Seunghyun was confused - why was G-Dragon calling him Seungri? Before he could reply, G-Dragon grabbed his wrist and began pulling him further into the apartment. "I just need to grab that notebook I left here the other day. Is the key where it normally is?"

The only response Seunghyun could give was: "Uuuuuh..."

G-Dragon rolled his eyes, dropped Seunghyun's wrist, and walked into the bedroom that Seunghyun had woken up in. He dropped to his knees in front of the bed, reached under, and pulled out a small box that Seunghyun had thought was insignificant earlier. Inside the box was a key, which G-Dragon picked up and walked out of the room with. All Seunghyun could do was follow G-Dragon out of the room.

What was happening? G-Dragon, THE G-Dragon, was acting as if he knew him personally, when Seunghyun was certain that they had never met in person before. Seunghyun watched as G-Dragon unlocked the door that Seunghyun had been unable to open before. G-Dragon walked in confidently. Despite the fact that he had said that this wasn't his house, he really seemed to know his way around this place.

Seunghyun tiptoed in behind G-Dragon, curious as to what was in the room. There was an expensive looking computer, and what he recognised as recording equipment. There were some posters up on the walls, but it was dark and he couldn't quite make out the faces of the people in the pictures. It looked like they were posters of some boyband, not unlike Seunghyun's own, SHINee.

After searching on the desk for a minute, G-Dragon picked up a small, inconspicuous-looking notebook, and made a triumphant noise. Presumably this was what he had been looking for. "Okay, we can leave now Seungri. The others will be waiting for us." Now Seunghyun was being expected to leave without any kind of explanation?

"Wait, what others?" He asked hurriedly. He wasn't even going to question still being called Seungri.

G-Dragon began to walk towards the front door, giving Seunghyun a weird look over his shoulder as he went. "Don't tell me you forgot again? We're meeting up with the other members, now come on, we'll be late."

Seunghyun had no choice but to trail after G-Dragon out of the front door, since he clearly wasn't going to take no for an answer. There were keys on a table near the door which Seunghyun figured he should probably bring with him - it might be a good idea to get back in here, after all.

They got in a lift, which Seunghyun was very grateful for - he wouldn't have liked to have to walk down stairs to get to the bottom of the building, not with how high up they were. G-Dragon continued to use his phone, relaxed and leaning on the side of the lift. By comparison, Seunghyun stood stiffly, still unsure about everything that was going on. They didn't talk, but G-Dragon didn't seem to be bothered by this. He was acting as though Seunghyun was someone that he saw regularly, though of course Seunghyun knew that wasn't true at all.

The lift went down all the way down to an underground garage, where G-Dragon began to drag him over to a nondescript black car. This was something that Seunghyun was quite familiar with, making sure that they wouldn't be recognised on the streets.

Once in the car, G-Dragon was back on his phone. Seunghyun could hear it buzzing periodically, suggesting that he was talking to someone now. Seunghyun still felt quite uncomfortable, and he sat stiffly on the expensive upholstery in the car. Suddenly G-Dragon laughed, making him jump slightly. G-Dragon's phone was in front of his face, showing a text conversation. Blinking at the harsh light, he asked, "what's this?"

G-Dragon rolled his eyes. "It's the group chat, idiot. Look at what Youngbae said, it's funny." Seunghyun dutifully read the message. It read 'Hurry up you guys, even TOP hyung's arrived here before you. When does that ever happen?'. Seunghyun looked confusedly back at G-Dragon.

"I'm sorry, G-Dragon-ssi, but who's TOP?" Rather than explaining things, as Seunghyun had hoped he might, this only caused G-Dragon to get more exasperated.

"This really isn't time for you to be playing your games, Seungri. You've been weird enough these past few months without adding more to it. And stop calling me G-Dragon, it's Jiyong hyung, and only that. You should know this by now!"

Seunghyun lowered his head. "Ah... sorry... Jiyong hyung." Jiyong patted Seunghyun's head.

"It's alright." Seunghyun was made to feel ever so slightly more comfortable being around him, but it didn't stop his confusion. Why was Jiyong acting like they were best friends? And what was up with calling him Seungri?

As Seunghyun looked outside, the car drew up to a fancy looking restaurant. Looking to Jiyong, he realised that Jiyong was getting out of the car - this must be where Jiyong was taking him, the purpose of their trip. They were hustled from the car and into the restaurant, where they were led through a labyrinth of tables that Jiyong seemed to instinctively know his way through. Seunghyun, on the other hand, spent those few minutes bashing his shins on table legs and regretting leaving the apartment he had woken up in.

He and Jiyong were shown to a table with people already sat down around it. At first, Seunghyun was too preoccupied with clutching his abused shins to look at who he was sat with, even while Jiyong was greeting them.

Seunghyun heard a familiar laugh. Oh no. That definitely couldn't be who he thought it was. He looked up slowly to see... exactly who he thought it would be. Seungri. Kang Daesung. His ultimate crush. His hair looked different to the last time he'd seen a picture of him, but it was definitely the man he'd had a celebrity crush on for the last nine years or so.

Seunghyun instantly straightened in his chair. If he was going to meet this man, finally, he'd better look his best in order to make a good impression. He kept his eyes fixed on Seungri, just basking in his presence. So far Seungri hadn't really looked at him, but that wasn't important. He'd get talked to eventually.

Looking down at himself quickly, he realised that the shirt he'd picked from the bedroom he woke up in was more crumpled than he'd like it to be. He began to frantically try to smooth it down - he'd never be able to impress Seungri by looking like a slob. After all, from what he could see Seungri was wearing the sort of clothes that Seunghyun would expect him to wear - expensive tops, fashionably ripped jeans, and jewellery. If Seunghyun wasn't careful, he wouldn't be able to impress him at all.

Looking around, Seunghyun noticed the other people who were sat at the table. Youngbae was there, although Seunghyun could have guessed that from Jiyong showing him Youngbae's message in the car. He looked so different! The Youngbae that he'd seen on tv and in the backstage of music shows was always dressed in baggy, 'hip hop' style, reflecting the style that his rapping often took and providing a contrast with how G-Dragon dressed. Was this a reflection of the real Youngbae? Was the way he dressed for public appearances just for show? Or was he just dressed up for a fancy lunch out?

The other person at the table that wasn't already accounted for was someone that Seunghyun didn't recognise at all, and ironically was sat opposite him. The man was very good looking, with his hair styled impeccably. Seunghyun wasn't particularly surprised by this - it was practically expected of G-Dragon or Seungri to hang around with attractive people. It was surprising though, with how familiar G-Dragon was acting around him, Seunghyun though that he would have some vague idea of who he was.

He was dressed up too, and Seunghyun was beginning to think that he was the only one who hadn't received the memo about dressing up for this. His eyes widened as he heard the man speak - his voice was incredibly deep. "Watch this!" Seunghyun did watch - the man took two of the breadsticks in the basket on the table, and stuck them vertically in his mouth. He then began to do a walrus impression. Apparently the man's appearance didn't dictate his personality.

Seunghyun didn't even realise that he was staring so intently until he heard Seungri laughing. "What's so special about Top-hyung?" He asked Seunghyun. This 'Top-hyung' laughed too, and pulled the breadsticks out his mouth. "Do I look especially good today?" He asked, preening. Seungri laughed again, pretending to help 'Top-hyung' to smooth his hair back. Seunghyun laughed loudly - Seungri was always so funny.

While Seunghyun's inner fangirl was distracted by the sound of Seungri's laughter, he took a mental note of the fact that the name 'Top' didn't ring any bells with him. It definitely didn't seem like a real name, so it had to be a nickname of some sort? Or a stage name, perhaps?

They were interrupted by a waiter coming by to give them their food. Seunghyun hadn't ordered, but he supposed this was the kind of place where you might be had others do that beforehand. Looking down expectantly at what had been put in front of him, he noticed that the main component of the dish was mushroom. Sighing, he simply pushed the food round his plate, while the others began to dig in to their food.

Seungri quickly noticed that that was what he was doing - he was just kind like that. "Is there something wrong with your food?" Seunghyun was asked. He hesitated - he didn't want to insult them in any way, that would be a bad impression to make.

"I just don't like mushrooms, that's all," he said with a smile.

Seungri looked confused. "But you love mushrooms? That's why we ordered it for you while we waited for you and Jiyong hyung to arrive. Are you sure that's what you don't like about it?"

Seunghyun was now even more confused than he had been before. Seungri was treating him like they were close friends, like someone who would know his food preferences (even if he got it wrong this time).

"I... I'm sure, thank you Seungri," Seunghyun said, trying to be as polite as he could be.

His attempts at not questioning why he had been brought here and trying to act like he knew what he was doing seemed to have failed at that point. Seungri looked very confused - should he have called him by his real name? Was that what this was about?

Fortunately, Seungri just shook his head and looked away. Seunghyun continued to pick at his food, still wondering why he was there. The others at the table were talking, and were clearly old friends - and Seunghyun wondered why he'd been invited to a meeting of people who knew each other so well.

Seunghyun couldn't help feeling like something was missing - someone who was vital. After all, there was an empty chair at the table, could they be waiting for someone else to join them?

As he watched Seungri feeding Youngbae part of his food, he felt a pang of jealousy, wishing that could be him. It was feeling this jealousy that reminded Seunghyun what it was that he felt was missing - usually he felt this kind of 'I wish it was me' when Seungri was onstage with Hyunseung. It didn't sound like they were waiting for anyone else either. Maybe he couldn't make it today or something?

Seunghyun was brought out of his musings by 'TOP''s deep voice calling "Seungri? Seungri!" It hadn't registered at first, but for some reason it seemed to be directed at him.

"Yes?" He replied hesitantly. He didn't know 'TOP' at all, what could he possibly want with him?

"Jeez, Seungri, you've been so weird recently. Anyway, I wanted to ask you what you decided about what we talked about the other day?"

Seunghyun froze. "Um, I don't know what you're talking about. And call me Seunghyun, please."

To his right, Jiyong snorted. "But you hate being called Seunghyun, what are you talking about?"

Seunghyun decided to not push it - clearly these people had him mixed up with some other friend of theirs that was called Seunghyun too. He shrugged. "I don't know, I just felt like having a change?"

Jiyong and 'TOP' gave him weird looks, but didn't say anything more about it. They went back to their individual conversations, and once again Seunghyun was excluded. In his boredom, his eyes wandered over the others, and naturally stopped on Seungri.

Staring at Seungri, Seunghyun realised what it was that was missing. Although it was unusual, occasionally Seunghyun would be capable of tearing his eyes away from Seungri for a second to look at the other person in his duo - So-1. Where was he? It would have made sense for him to be here too. Maybe he couldn't make it or something?

Seunghyun's curiosity overrode his unwillingness to speak to these people. "So I was wondering..." he began. They began to look at him, and Seunghyun shifted uncomfortably in his seat - he couldn't back out now. "Where is So-1?"

Jiyong stopped his conversation with Youngbae in order to stare at Seunghyun. "Who? Hyunseung? Why should I know?"

"Um... well I wasn't thinking that you would know, but I thought Seungri would know," Seunghyun explained.

"Seung... what are you talking about now?"

Seunghyun gestured towards Seungri. "I mean... Seungri usually knows things, I thought he might know about..." He trailed off when he realised that all of the others were giving him weird looks.

Jiyong shook his head. "I really don't know what you're talking about. Daesung doesn't know any more than the rest of us about Hyunseung. Where did you even get that idea?"

"Ah... sorry." Seunghyun was even more confused than before. He knew Seungri so well - he'd seen every single interview of him ever, and he knew that Seungri and So-1 were very close. He knew he was right. So why was Jiyong treating him like he was the weird one here?

Seunghyun noticed that Seungri was staring at him. He gave him a shy smile - Seunghyun would never have guessed that he would ever be in this position, able to see his idol up close. It was only when Jiyong gave him an odd look for doing that that he began to suspect that something was really wrong.

"Okay Seungri, you've been acting weird all day. I'll bite: what's up?" Jiyong asked, huffing.

"W..what do you mean? I mean, should you really know what me being normal is?" Seunghyun asked, confused.

This time it was Seungri who looked at him weirdly. "Seungri, we've known you for years, I think we all know you at both your normal and weird."

Seunghyun blushed a little - his idol was really talking to him! "Seungri, I appreciate pretty much everything about you, I do, but I didn't think you really knew who I was."

Seungri's mouth fell open. "How... I've known you for ten years, how would I not know... You're one of my closest friends, what are you talking about?"

Seunghyun began to look around desperately for some way out of this situation - he had no idea what was going on, but he desperately wished that he wasn't here. "I really don't know what you're talking about, I just know that I'm a really big fan -"

"Seriously, WHAT are you talking about?" Jiyong interjected. He was beginning to sound slightly angry. "We've put up with a lot of you acting weirdly this past month, but this is really taking it too far, Seungri."

Seunghyun took a shaky breath in, and stood up. He bowed quickly towards Seungri, and began to speak. "Seungri-ssi, I have and always will be a massive fan of yours," he paused as tears began to form in his eyes. This meeting with his idol really hadn't gone the way he might have hoped. "I really like you, and, um, I'd really been hoping that you'd like me. " A single tear rolled down his cheek. "I - I guess it's just not going to happen."

A sob ripped its way out of his throat. How could this have gone so wrong? This was the opportunity of a lifetime, but no real headway towards getting to know Seungri had been made. He'd wanted for this to happen for such a long time, but it just... hadn't worked.

All four of the others were staring at him with open mouths. "I... I" Jiyong tried to speak, looking towards the others in a clear call for help with what to say. This only served to make Seunghyun feel worse about it, to know that whatever he'd done now, it still wasn't what these people were expecting from him.

This had all gone so terribly. Turning around quickly, Seunghyun nearly tripped over his own chair in his haste to leave the restaurant. He didn't look back, but practically ran through the place, avoiding eye contact with staff and customers alike in an attempt to hide his tears.

What was even going on? He felt a little dizzy, but that might have been the hyperventilation that the crying was causing. He still wasn't entirely sure what had gone on in there, but he knew that it was definitely bad.

**

Seunghyun stuck his hands in his pockets. As the day went on, it had become increasingly chillier, and he wished he'd grabbed something warmer when he and Jiyong had left that apartment earlier. He looked up. It was starting to get dark, and he was seriously beginning to worry about what he was going to do about staying here. He had no idea where the apartment he'd woken up in was in relation to here, nor did he have any money on him. He might have had the keys, but that would do him no good if he didn't know how to get there.

He continued walking, and gradually the streets became more familiar. His walk sped up - he was getting close to the dorm, he was sure of it. How could he have forgotten that he was still in the city that he lived in? In his confusion he must have forgotten that he could simply go home and see his friends, and everything would go back to normal. At least this experience would make a good story to tell.

When he was just a few streets away from the dorm, he thought he could see a familiar figure walking towards him. Had he noticed that Seunghyun had been gone? Was he coming to look for him? His heart melted a little, his boyfriend was always so thoughtful.

The figure moved closer - it was him. "Tae!" He called out happily. Here was someone who would listen to him. He sped up his pace, eager to get to relative safety in the arms of a loved one.

In his eagerness, he didn't look much at Taemin's face as he hurriedly went to hug him. "I'm so gad to see you," he murmured.

"You - you are?" Taemin stuttered. Seunghyun giggled - how was Taemin still so shy around him after all these years?

Seunghyun turned his head to kiss Taemin on the cheek. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" He asked, squeezing Taemin to prove his point.

It was only when Seunghyun noticed how stiff Taemin was, and more importantly that he wasn't hugging him back, that he realised something might be up. "Babe? Are you okay?" He asked, stepping back to look at him properly.

"I - What? I don't know what you're - Please get off me," Taemin stuttered out, moving his shoulders to force Seunghyun to let go of them.

What was going on? Seunghyun had seen Taemin just yesterday, and he'd been fine then; they'd cuddled for a while on the sofa in the dorm and made out a bit and everything had been great.

"I don't understand, what's wrong?" Seunghyun asked concernedly. "Please -"

"Please stop, Seungri." Taemin stepped away from him with a small amount of fear in his eyes.

Seunghyun only became more confused. "But... but we just...?" They had only just got together. How could Taemin be rejecting him now?

"We just what, Seungri?" Taemin seemed almost angry. Why was he angry?

More to the point, why were more people calling him Seungri? "Please stop calling me that, I had enough of it earlier." He requested with a slight grimace. "You wouldn't believe the day I had, babe, please just let me -"

"I'm not going to let you do anything. What exactly is it you think I'm here for?" Seunghyun still didn't understand. Why was everyone acting so weird today? Taemin seemed genuinely confused about why he would want to be around him right now, but there was no reason for that, right? He really couldn't think of anything to say, since he didn't know what to say to Taemin that might calm him down. "Look, I really don't have time for this right now. I have to meet up with my girlfriend, I'll talk to you about this tomorrow, okay?" Taemin gave him a polite, forced smile, moved past him and continued on his way.

Seunghyun moved to watch him leave, too shocked to do or say anything. Girlfriend? Was Taemin cheating on him? What was going on today? He'd basically been kidnapped by some random celebrities, and now his boyfriend didn't want to hug him, and claimed he had a girlfriend? How was any of this possible? Was it related to the month he couldn't remember? He had no idea.

He vaguely trailed back off in the direction he'd come in, not in the mood to see any of the other members, if that was how Taemin was treating him.

He eventually came across a park, which he proceeded to find an empty bench in to sit on. It wasn't like he had anywhere else to go, after all. As he sat, he felt something jab him in the . At first he thought it must be something on the bench, but after feeling around a bit, he realised that he still had the apartment keys in his pocket. He fished them out, and stared at them dejectedly. He could go back there, of course - except he had no idea where it was, since he'd spent most of the earlier car journey being overwhelmed at being in the same car as G-Dragon. What had become of this day.

**

Seunghyun jolted awake. Where was he? He didn't remember how he got here, what had... Oh. He was back in his room. He patted his duvet; it felt real enough. Had it really happened? Was he really back? There was so much confusion swirling around in his head.

In the middle of his panicking, he hadn't noticed his door open, or someone step inside the room. It was only when he felt himself being hugged, and a soft voice asking what was wrong, that he realised Tae had seen him freaking out. He didn't know where this panic had been during the weird experience he'd had, but that thought took a backseat to trying to calm down a bit.

He leaned into his boyfriend, taking comfort in his solid form, reassuring him that he was really here and real. His breathing slowed down, and he slowly wrapped his arms around Tae, hugging him back. He still didn't know what was going on, but at least he still had Tae.

"What's wrong babe?" Taemin asked gently. Seunghyun sniffled.

"I... I don't know. I think I had some sort of... weird dream? It just really freaked me out, I don't know." Seunghyun didn't think that it would be possible to explain what he'd just experienced without some sort of evidence.

He was really beginning to think it had all been a dream. After all, what reason would G-Dragon have for pretending to be his friend? And the soft kisses Tae was currently pressing against his neck were contradictory to what he'd said about meeting a girlfriend.

Yes, that must be it. Only a dream. Certain in his assessment of it as all a dream, he snuggled down in to his boyfriend's arms, letting his worry about it float away.

In the midst of their cuddle session, they were disrupted by Seunghyun's stomach rumbling. They both laughed, and Tae sat up. "Do you want breakfast?" He asked, grinning.

Seunghyun laughed, and nodded. He got up and got dressed, allowing Taemin to sit on his bed and play on his phone. "What about this?" He asked, holding a flowy shirt up in front of his chest. It was clearly something he'd worn during a performance, and Taemin laughed.

"Oh, definitely," he agreed sarcastically. Seunghyun laughed, and put it back. He continued hunting, and frowned as he came across something he was sure he hadn't put in there. It was in a style he'd never wear, and he didn't recognise it at all. How could it have possibly got there? Had his manager put it in here by mistake or something?

Putting it to one side, he continued to search for something to wear. He was fairly sure he could see Tae looking at him out of the corner of his eye, but that was okay, he was allowed. Eventually he managed to get something decent on - s had seen him in all manners of undress, but he preferred to be dressed when possible.

When he was done, he held his hand out to Taemin, and they walked out of the room together. Taemin went to sit down in the living room, where several of the others were sat, and Seunghyun went to find some food.

When he got his food, he went back to the living room, and flopped down next to Tae. He leaned on him slightly, and Tae put his arm around his shoulders, allowing him to lean in further. As he got comfortable, he realised that he was still a bit sleepy, and getting comfortable really wasn't helping that.

He could hear Taemin talking to the others, but eating sleepily took enough of his concentration that he found it difficult to concentrate on anything else. He got about halfway through his toast, and decided that that was enough. He put it down, and snuggled back into Tae.

As he did so he felt Tae hug him closer, and he really couldn't have felt more comfortable. He closed his eyes, and just relaxed. He could hear the other members talking, and giggling too, and it was only when Taemin started laughing too that he realised it was probably directed at them.

"...still can't believe it took you two this long, to be honest," he heard Kibum say.

He heard Tae laugh. "Me neither, to be honest. Now that we're together... I can't imagine not being. It's just so great. You know what I mean?" Taemin was Seunghyun's hair, and he couldn't help but smile. Despite his sleepiness, he turned his head upwards for a quick kiss. It was only short, but to Seunghyun it felt as great as any of their kisses, and for that moment he was reminded just how lucky he was to finally have the man of his dreams. He couldn't stop the small grin that spread across his face as he looked at Tae, nor could he resist leaning in for another peck.

What drew his attention away from his boyfriend was the sound of fake gagging coming from the others. He looked past Taemin to see Jonghyun grinning at him while Kibum was rolling his eyes. "You two are too cute." Kibum complained.

Taemin laughed, and shrugged. "I guess we just can't help it."

Kibum turned to Jonghyun with a mock-stricken face. "We weren't ever that bad, were we?"

This drew a loud laugh from Seunghyun. When those two first got together it was much worse, with several near misses happening of a - ahem - delicate nature. "No, you were worse, hyung," he informed them gleefully.

Jonghyun tried to look serious, and shook his head. Taemin then mocked him by nodding his head seriously, and Jonghyun had to stop because he couldn't deny that they were right.

Seunghyun felt Tae pull away from him slightly as he checked his phone and jolted upright. "I have to go!" He exclaimed. Seunghyun was momentarily confused, until he remembered that Tae had a hairdressers appointment today.

He reluctantly sat up so that Taemin could move out from underneath him, and he scurried away to get his things together. Seunghyun wasn't sure what to do now, so he wandered back over to his room. On his way there, Tae came back through, and he was able to give him a kiss goodbye.

Seunghyun then continued to go into his room. Now that he was alone, all he could think about was what had happened. He was really beginning to think it had all been a dream - it just didn't make sense otherwise.

Sighing, he rubbed his head. Even if it was all a dream, he still wanted to remember the experiences he'd had, since it had been so wild and vivid. Going to his chest of drawers, he figured that his diary would probably be the safest place to record something like that, where no one could see it.

He flicked through the previous entries. A significant amount of them were about Tae, and he didn't know whether to be proud or slightly embarrassed about that. At least his crush had paid off, right?

He idly looked over the last entry he'd made - Tae, food, the other members teasing him, and... what was this? There was an extra page filled out, one which he definitely didn't remember writing. It was in his handwriting, in his diary, but he knew he definitely hadn't written this.


 

To Lee Seunghyun

You're probably a bit confused right now - I know I was when I started realising what was going on. There's not much more that I can do than apologise for taking over your life for the past few months, because that's what's been going on.
Perhaps this has confused you even more, but I feel it's only fair if I explain a bit about myself and what's been going on. My name is also Lee Seunghyun, but I prefer to go by Seungri. I am a member of the kpop group Bigbang, and before you try to go look it up, you won't be able to find anything on us. The reason for this is that I am from a parallel universe. I am you, or a version of you, I suppose, one who ended up doing something differently and ended up in a different company, with a different life. I am a part of YG Entertainment, and my group, consisting of myself, Jiyong, Youngbae, Daesung, and an underground rapper (in your universe) called Seunghyun, is very successful.
I don't know why, or how, but on the 14th of May, just over a month ago, I found myself waking up in your bed. In order to avoid being locked up and called crazy, I felt I had no option but to pretend to be you, and take your place in your life until I could return your life to you. I am assuming that you will remember nothing from my time as you, but aside from one minor incident involving Taemin, and my initial confusion, I don't believe I meddled in your life in any significant way. Out of the people you already knew, the only person whom I told everything to in your universe is Jonghyun - he can give you more details, if you want to hear them.
I had no control over this experience, yet I feel I must apologise once again for impersonating you. I had no real choice in this matter, and I hope you will understand.

-Lee Seungri


 

Seunghyun had to sit down. His legs were shaky, and he had to rest the diary on his lap so that he wouldn't drop it. This had been going on? And he had no idea about it?

He looked down at his hands. Someone else, a stranger, had been inside his body? How was that even possible? He didn't want to believe it.

It made sense though, the facts added up. The month he couldn't remember. The other members referencing things he'd supposedly done which he was sure he would never have. That unbelievable headache when he'd woken up after the month he couldn't remember. How weirdly Jonghyun had acted that day. The only person whom I told everything to in your universe is Jonghyun.... Jonghyun knew this whole time and he'd said nothing.

Then another thought hit him. Had the world he'd visited yesterday been the world of this... this 'other' Seunghyun? It would make sense, they'd called him 'Seungri' the whole time, which was supposedly the name of this other Seunghyun, and they'd really expected him to be friends with all of them. It was a crazy idea, but it made more sense than he wanted it too. After all, wouldn't this be the explanation he'd wanted in the months since the time he couldn't remember?

For a second, he wondered whether this was all one big joke that the members had planned. They could easily have taken advantage of how confused he was about the month he couldn't remember... but no. No, it wouldn't make sense for this to be something that the other members planned; assuming that any of the day before in the 'other' world had been real, there was no way they would have been able to convince people like G-Dragon to play along. Besides, Tae wouldn't have even been able to pretend like he didn't love him, Seunghyun was sure of it.

Which left the only option that actually made the most sense was that... all of what this letter said was true. But how? Maybe he'd never know, but that didn't stop him from being curious.

Remembering the previous day, he realised that this 'other' Seunghyun must have gone through something similar. The others didn't seem to have a clue about it, given that 'Seungri' didn't say anything about the others, and surely they would have said something about it if they were all in on it. He felt sorry for the other guy, knowing from experience how confusing and frightening it could be.

He still felt so confused. Who could he... He could talk to Jonghyun about it. Jonghyun knew everything, according to this letter.

He stood up. His legs weren't shaking any more, but his heart was still pounding from the shock of finding this out. He walked out into the corridor. It was quiet, and he wondered if Jonghyun was even in. He wandered through to the living room, trying to seem as calm and relaxed as possible. He wasn't sure if he was succeeding, his arms felt too stiff by his sides, his strides just slightly too fast for someone trying not to rush.

The only people in the living room were Kibum and Jonghyun. They were curled up together, and Seunghyun internally groaned. Kibum had a habit of asking too many questions, especially when it came to his boyfriend. There was almost no way he was going to be able to sneak Jonghyun away without Kibum being nosey about what Seunghyun wanted to talk to Jonghyun about.

The other two mostly ignored him as he came closer to him, too busy cuddling to really pay him any attention. As Jonghyun kissed Kibum's cheek, Seunghyun almost felt bad for disturbing them, since they were clearly having a moment. However, the pressing need to know more about what had happened to him won over that in his mind, and it didn't stop him from tapping Jonghyun on the shoulder.

Jonghyun actually jumped a little, and it made Seunghyun feel a bit worse. "What?" He asked, sounding a little breathless. Seunghyun wondered exactly he'd interrupted, but he knew better than to ask.

"I need to talk to you," Seunghyun said. He was trying to give away as little as possible, after all, he didn't know how much Kibum might know about it, if any. Jonghyun frowned. He turned to look at Kibum, who merely shrugged.

"Alright then," Jonghyun agreed, "what do you want to talk about?" For a second Seunghyun had thought that this would be easy.

He sighed. "I need to talk to you in private," he clarified.

"But why?" Jonghyun asked.

"I... I just need to, okay? It's about... y'know." Seunghyun tried to make a face that would make it clear what he was talking about.

Jonghyun just looked confused. "What's 'y'know'? What could you have to say to me that Kibum can't hear?"

He hadn't understood. How else could he possibly describe it without giving anything away? There was no other way, especially since Jonghyun didn't know that he knew. "I... I can't explain here, I just need to talk to you."

Jonghyun narrowed his eyes. "But why?"

Seunghyun huffed. "I just do, okay? Please?"

Jonghyun sighed, and stood up. "Okay then. Where do you want to go?" He seemed slightly annoyed at being interrupted and made to move.

Hopefully he'd be more understanding once Seunghyun had spoken to him. "Just my room," he said, and gestured for Jonghyun to follow him.

Once they got to his room, Seunghyun realised that he had no idea how to go about telling Jonghyun that he knew. What part of the whole thing should he address first? His eyes fell on the diary which was still sat on his bed where he'd dropped it before. Well that was an idea.

He gestured for Jonghyun to sit down on the bed, ignoring his questions about what he wanted to talk about. He then handed him the diary open at the page 'Seungri' had written on, and sat down next to him as he waited for it to be read.

Jonghyun didn't take very long to read it. For Seunghyun, though, it felt like an age, to not know what his reaction might be. Would he tell him that this was all a hoax? Would he really be able to tell him more about this other version of himself who had occupied his body? (Seunghyun still felt a little weird about that.)

"So you know about Seungri then?" Jonghyun asked quietly.

"Well I don't know much more than what's said in this that he left me," Seunghyun gestured towards the diary, "but he says that you might be able to tell me more?"

"This seems to cover most of the basics. I really didn't believe it at first, but eventually it just made sense with what had been going on. I liked him." Jonghyun told him with a smile.

"What had happened to make you believe him then? Because I'm only on the verge of believing it myself," Seunghyun said, intrigued.

Jonghyun laughed. "Well the very first thing he did was one of the main things that made me believe him, in hindsight. He burst into the living room, accused us all of playing some elaborate prank on him, and fainted from the confusion. We were all really confused when that happened, because he didn't make it clear at all what he meant, and of course, we all thought he was you."

Seunghyun laughed too. He wished he could have seen his friends so confused, thinking that he'd suddenly gone insane. "What else?" He asked, eager to hear more.

"Well... I don't know, just in general he didn't always act like you. Sometimes I wonder how I didn't pick up on it before he told me, it seems so obvious now. Like, there was one time where we went to dance practice and he didn't know any of our dances. Obviously that makes a lot of sense now, but at the time we just didn't know how you'd forgotten everything overnight, it was so confusing."

Seunghyun nodded. "Okay, but... what actually convinced you that he was telling the truth? How did he do it?"

"The way that he actually convinced me was with his phone. Like, his actual phone, from his world. I still don't know how he managed to get hold of it here, but he did. It was a good thing too, because on it were a bunch of pictures that i knew could never have taken place, and really that was good enough for me." Jonghyun told him.

Seunghyun hummed. He didn't know what those pictures might have looked like - after all, the whole point was that he wasn't in them - but he was sure they would have been strange to see. Before he could get too lost in his wonderings, Jonghyun continued talking. "But it was really what went down with Taemin that sealed it for me. I just knew that there was no way you'd do that to him, ever. it just made no sense."

"Wait, what?" This was the first Seunghyun had heard of anything involving his boyfriend and 'Seungri'.

Jonghyun looked surprised. "Taemin didn't say anything about it to you? Did he not seem confused at any point?"

"No, I..." Then Seunghyun thought back to the time he woke up before the month he couldn't remember. Tae had been a bit confused when he'd confessed, hadn't he? "Actually yeah, he seemed a bit confused when I... um... suggested we get together, but I guess I just thought that was nerves or something?"

Jonghyun shook his head. "Well I can't say for sure that he wasn't nervous, but think about it. The whole time Seungri was here, Taemin thought that he was you. Seungri didn't have any of your memories, he didn't know about the... the thing between you two. He couldn't possibly have known. So when Taemin tried to bring it up... Well, maybe you can guess what might have happened."

It took Seunghyun a moment to realise what Jonghyun was getting at, but when he did, it sent a flash of cold through his veins. His sweet, sweet Tae thinking that he was rejecting him when it wasn't even really him.... the idea was abhorrent, yet apparently this was what had happened?

"I..." Seunghyun began, standing up. He wasn't sure what he was going to do, but he had the overwhelming need to tell Tae everything. He couldn't have his baby thinking that he hadn't wanted him.

As though the universe was on his side, he then heard the front door opening. Rushing to see who it was, he felt a rush of urgency and relief to see that it was Taemin. He rushed over and grabbed his hand, and began to pull him towards his bed room. "Seung? Babe? What's going on?" Taemin laughed. Seunghyun felt bad for ignoring his questions, but there were more pressing matters that he needed to be in his bedroom for.

When they got to his room, Seunghyun shut the door firmly behind them. "What is it?" Taemin asked softly behind him.

Jonghyun cleared his throat from where he was, still sat on Seunghyun's bed. "We have some stuff that you should know, I think." He explained.

Despite all his desperation before, Seunghyun suddenly realised that he had no idea how to explain it. "You tell him," he said shyly.

"Well... Believe it or not, for a while Seunghyun here was possessed by a version of himself from another universe." Taemin's jaw dropped. Jonghyun proceeded to tell Taemin most of what he'd already explained to Seunghyun, and explained all the reasons why he had believed him in the first place.

Seunghyun sat quietly, just monitoring Tae's reactions, making sure he was okay. At first he had his eyebrows raised, not seeming to quite believe it, but as Seunghyun watched, it seemed as though Tae was beginning to accept it as truth.

When Jonghyun finished, Taemin was silent for a moment. "Okay..." he began, "assuming that any of this is true - which I'm still on the fence about - I get why you know, Jonghyun, but I don't understand why you know," he said, turning to Seunghyun.

"Oh... Uh, well I found the diary earlier, after you left, and, um," he deliberated, wondering whether they'd believe him before remembering that what they were discussing was the literal reverse of it. "Yesterday I think... I think I was in Seungri's universe? Maybe?"

Jonghyun's immediate reaction was a full body shiver. "Well that's my worst nightmare, so I'm out." He said. "Maybe I'll get you to tell me about it later, Seunghyun, but for now the idea's creeping me out." He got up and left, leaving Seunghyun and Taemin alone.

"Is that why you were so panicked this morning?" Tae asked gently. Seunghyun nodded. "You poor thing. What happened while you were there?"

Seunghyun sighed. "Nothing too bad, really, it was just the confusion that got to me. I was with his groupmates, I think, and they all thought I was him, and I didn't have a clue what was going on. And then I left, and I still didn't really know that I was in another universe, so when I saw that universe's Taemin I really thought it was you. And when he rejected me, which I completely understand now, I got really upset. That was the kind of state of mind I was in this morning."

Taemin wrapped him in a tight hug. "Well I would never reject you. That's something you'll never have to worry about."

Seunghyun squished himself closer to his boyfriend. He was right, they were in their own universe they were safe. Together.