Stay

Stay

 

Dongwan’s chest tightened from both worry and guilty hope.

He knew it was terrible of him thinking this way. He knew things did not work that way, he knew it was not as easy as he wanted it to be. Still, Hyesung came to him right after Eric made his announcement, he rang his doorbell and putting on a strained smile he asked:

‘Can I stay here?’
 

And Dongwan let him. He would let Hyesung stay anytime, always, whatever was the case.

Even if it was heartbreak and crushed hopes. Even if it was a decade of unrequited love.
 

“Hey, it’s not like it’s the end of the world.” Dongwan patted Hyesung’s hunched back as he sat next to him on the sofa, handing him a bottle of beer, “He is just getting married. It’s not like he is leaving the country.”
 

Hyesung scoffed, “I wish he left the country.” He buried his face into his palms rubbing his red eyes and took the bottle, “I wish he stayed in America. I wish we never met.”
 

Dongwan pursed his lips opposing the idea, but decided not to say anything. Instead, he patted Hyesung’s back once again but this time left his hand there, gently rubbing his middle.

Hyesung closed his eyes, small smile tugging at his lips as sighed, taking a swig from his beer.
 

“At least now you can get over him.” Dongwan said again, his hand sliding upwards, massaging his shoulder, “You can move on.”
 

Hyesung’s eyes opened and he looked at him sideways, “You are a cunning fella, you know that?”
 

Dongwan slid his hand to his neck, rubbing his skin with his thumb, “One has to grab every chance they get.”
 

Hyesung turned towards him, his expression calm and collected but he didn’t say anything. He just stared into Dongwan’s eyes, as if waiting for something Dongwan had no idea about. Dongwan didn’t wait to figure out what was happening, however.

He tightened his grip on Hyesung’s nape as he pulled him towards himself, slowly leaning in as well, their lips meeting halfway.

Dongwan melted into the kiss. Something he never would have guessed will happen, he was doing it now. He opened his mouth against Hyesung’s, gently pushing his tongue forward, Hyesung’s lower lip and as if Dongwan muttered the magic words, Hyesung’s lips parted, letting Dongwan’s tongue in to meet his.

Dongwan shuddered from the wet sensation and he pulled Hyesung in more, his other hand put to rest on his thigh, gripping and caressing it, matching the moves of their tongues.
 

Then Dongwan stopped. The taste in his mouth turned bitter from Hyesung’s way-too-eager kisses. He let out a sigh as he pulled away, knowing at this point, Hyesung would kiss anyone. Anyone.

He knew before as well. He dared to make a move because he knew how broken Hyesung was, because he knew he wouldn’t reject him. That’s how eager he was to forget about Eric, the one he loved all this time and secretly hoped his relationship would…
 

“Tell me once you are over him.” Dongwan said as he stood up and started for the kitchen for more beer, however Hyesung’s voice stopped him.
 

“And what if I won’t? What if I never get over him?”
 

Dongwan turned around and eyed him for a short while, figuring that might just be the case, before answering, “Then I’ll wait forever. It has to happen one day.”
 

Hyesung only shook his head as he stood up and walked past Dongwan, patting his shoulder and saying, “No, you definitely shouldn’t do that. It’s never going to happen.”

Then he disappeared from Dongwan’s house, leaving his chest empty and hurt.
 

Only then Dongwan realized how his feelings are probably the exact same as Hyesung’s and that not only hurt him more, but his feelings became more conflicted.

Hope and misery were mixed in his chest like a burnt soup in a pot.

He knew what he wanted, what he should do and what will never happen.

And none of it had a happy ending for him. Neither for Hyesung.

And he had no idea what made him sadder:

The fact he will never have Hyesung’s heart or the fact no one will ever have it because he already gave it to Eric a long time ago, but he threw it back without knowing what he had done… Just like how Hyesung did so a moment ago.
 

In the end, Dongwan realized, the three of them weren’t so different after all.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

HELLO and I'm sorry.
Sorry for this short something (that's not even that great), rubbing in certain events, also sorry for the obvious MIO.
ANyway, let's all congratulate for Eric's marriage!

I'm sorry for not updating sh*t for months and also not replying to comments. Because I have no time anymore, I most probably won't reply to comments unless it's a question, however, I always read everything so please don't think I ignore anyone :)
I'm trying to work on stories (CLTCL most specifically) but yeah, I have neither will or time so it's going slowly. (I also want to figure out if I want to work only from Hyesung's POV from here on or change it by chapter. Oh wel.)

Anyway, I'm sorry and thank you for sticking around!
Also sorry for rubbing salt on obvious wounds with this fic, but hey, WANSYUNG~ Also, I've uploaded it on twitter in like April, but thought it would be rude to throw all of this on you guys.
Don't ask me what changed my mind, I guess I'm a sadist or something xD