It's nice to meet you.

By My Side

This is a work of fiction. I don't own Descendants of The Sun and its characters. Sorry if there's any grammatical errors.

Happy reading!x

***

Kang Mo Yeon's POV

“I can’t believe I’m going to the supermarket still in my high heels and dress, shopping for a truckload of food for your son’s birthday tomorrow!”

I was practically shouting at Myeong Joo on the phone. The people passing by were looking at me like I was crazy or something. Well, let them think the way the wanted, I didn’t care.

“I know, I know, I’m sorry, Mo Yeon. I  have a lot of unexpected work to do and unfortunately, Dae Young as well. He needs to finish his paperworks tonight in his office. Even Dae Hyun is still with Ms. Ha right now. And it’s just some after-meal snacks, you’re exagerrating.” Myeong Joo explained with her extremely tired voice. Oh, my poor friends.

I sighed, trying to control my temper. “Alright, I understand, I’m exagerrating. Sorry.” I took a trolley and pushed it to the snacks hallway while holding my phone. “It’s just... I’m a bit frustated because the date didn’t work. Again.”

 I just got back from a date with a guy I met on this stupid online chatting site two months ago. I know, I was crazy. I could have met a criminal, or even a psychopath. But I was almost 27, for God’s sake. I needed to find a boyfriend soon. I’d been through a lot of dates, and the results were always the same. They were s, mostly, but some were nice. The nice ones didn’t take any interest in me, though. So they just walked away.

Okay, I sounded like a 50 year old single woman.                                                                        

“What? What’s wrong? Did that Yoon Gi guy hurt you? I swear to God, I will...”

“No, he didn’t.” I cut her off. “He was nice, actually. With those hazel eyes, the sweet grin, handsome face. But I think he finds me boring, you know, me being a writer, and a painter in my free time.”

Myeong Joo sighed, “You’re not a boring woman, Kang Mo Yeon. You’re independent, talented, and beautiful. You need to reveal yourself, sis. Tell the world that you’re the famous Mary Anne who wrote the mega-hit book ‘Under the Stars’.”

Hell, no.

“Are you crazy? You know I don’t want the fame, Myeong Joo. I just want to make a living and live in peace. I want to have a normal life, doing what I love to do, finding someone who loves me as I am, not the mega-hit book author.” I tried to explain to my beloved cousin. She liked to force me sometimes.

I put a lot of snacks in the trolley, I felt like they could feed the entire army. Myeong Joo replied, “Okay, but please stop this online lover thing, you make me worry all the time. You don’t need to find love, love will come to you. Trust me.” Oh, my cousin and her words.

“It’s like the 999th time you told me that. Hey, don’t you have a lot of work to do?”

“Ugh, yes. I need to go. Thank you so much for helping us, sis. And can you do me one more favor, please? Pick up Dae Hyun from Ms. Ha’s house and put him to bed, okay? You know where my apartment key is. Okay, I’m hanging up right now. I love you!” She hung up on me. Haish, jinjja. She was lucky I loved her.

I smiled a little, thinking of Dae Hyun. He would have his fourth birthday tomorrow, and his friends from school were invited. Myeong Joo told me that Dae Young came home from his office a week ago with a set of Batman costume for Dae Hyun. Then they decided that Dae Hyun’s birthday would be superhero themed. He would look so cute tomorrow.

I put my phone into my purse and continued to push the heavy trolley.  I pushed hard, but it was too heavy. Damn it.

“You look like you need help.”

A velvet voice suddenly came from behind me. I turned around and saw the most perfect shape of a man in a suit. Oh my.... 

"Hey, are you okay?"

Oh, . I was lost for a second. This was embarassing. I came to my senses quickly, "Uh, yes... I really need help."

He smiled. Oh my god, I felt like I was melting just by seeing that smile. "Let me push the trolley." The handsome man offered. This man is too good to be true.

"Oh... okay. Thank you so much." I immediately accepted his offer. I stepped aside and let him push the trolley. His fingers touched mine slightly, and I swear i felt a bit of electric shock. I guessed he felt it too since he was looking at me directly in the eyes. I needed to control my heartbeat right now. Calm down, Kang Mo Yeon. 

We walked through the hallway side to side, when he finally broke the silence. "Are you here alone?"

"Yeah." I answered, looking at him with a smile. He asked again, "Are you having a party or something? These are a lot of snacks here."

"Those are for my nephew's birthday tomorrow. His mother asked me to buy snacks for the kids. So, yeah." I explained to him carefully.

"Oh, I see. Next time you're buying a lot of stuff, bring someone with you to help." His voice had a hint of worry. Oh my god, was he worried about me? I nodded at him, showing appreciation for his concern.

The atmosphere was a little bit awkward, but finally we got to the cashier. As we took out all the snacks out of the trolley, I accidentally looked into his eyes and it turned out he was watching me. I blushed a little. Damn it, cheeks.

"You guys look good together." The cashier lady told us with a smile. We looked at her awkwardly, and I was about to protest when the handsome guy beat me to it. "Uh, we're not a couple..." My heart dropped a little at that. "Oh, I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable." She offered us an apologetic smile. "That's okay." I said and smiled at the cashier lady.

The handsome guy walked me to my car and helped me put all the snacks into it. "Thank you so much for helping me. I really don't know what would happen if only you didn't come to rescue me." I said my thanks to him. I couldn't help but adore how well his body fit the suit he was wearing.

He chuckled, "You're welcome." Silence enveloped us for a moment, then he reached out his hand and spoke, "I forgot to introduce myself earlier... um... I'm Yoo Si Jin." I took his hand and said, "I'm Kang Mo Yeon. It's nice to meet you, Yoo Si Jin-ssi." 

With the melting smile he said, "It's nice to meet you too, beautiful."

 

***

Please subscribe and comment! Let me know what you think about this story. An advice would be appreciated!x

Will update very soon!x