First Step

Oblivious

Chapter 1

 

"Thank you for the foods!!" We shouted altogether to Baekhyun's mother who kindly served us foods on the table and she replied with a satisfied smile on her face and went back to the kitchen. And so we started eating. Me, Eunji, Sehun, and Kyungsoo were hanging out at Baekhyun's house. He said he wanted to play a new game he just bought with us, and here we are. Luckily, his sister was home too so she joined us.

"Woah! Baek, your mother is really good at cooking! This is so delicious," Eunji barely said as she eat and gave him a thumbs up. "I know right? How can I work out my muscle if my mother cook like this?" he joked as he put a quarter of his food to my plate. Before I could protest, his younger sister had punched him a little on the stomach. I also heard Eunji sniggered at what Baekhyun said earlier.

"Yah! Don't you do that to unnie!" Baekhee said with a glare. I winked to her to approve what she did and I got a grin from her.

"Yah?? How could you use that word to your oppa??" Before he could do anything to his sister, Baekhee fleed to her room with her plate and all of us were laughing to Baekhyun.

He could only shaked his head at his sister's behaviour as Sehun pat his shoulder, still laughing. "I start to regret introduce her to you." He gave me a look so I raised my hands, "why does it has to be me?"

"Well, she started doing things that she shouldn't do. And mostly because of you," he rolled his eyes and frowned. I scoffed with a giggle in the end. "it just that your sister is easily attracted to her, Byunbaek. Sorry if it's hurt you," Kyungsoo answered for me. "That's right." I knowledged him and nodded my head as Baekhyun groaned.

 

"My type."

 

"Huh?" Our heads turned towards the guy who said it. Apparently, it was Sehun who said it.

 

"What? It's a joke guys." The said guy raised his arms. "Don't you know EXO's song, Monster?" All of us produced an "Ah..." voices. I laughed at our rhythm.

"Anyway, I was just giving you my share," Baekhyun pointed to me, "because.. ugh, can you even see the small portion on your plate?" Sehun suddenly raised his hand, "I agree. I know you're on diet, but it was too much, you know?" Baekhyun nodded rapidly, "why are you even on diet?"

I looked down my plate with my mouth sealed. I didn't know what to say. So I glanced to Kyungsoo, asked him to help me with my pleading eyes. I'm glad he could catch it and I thanked him in my thoughts. With a sigh, he coughed a little, asked for attention, "Easy guys. I'm sure she has her reasons, right?" Nobody answered, only the sound of Eunji eating as she stared blankly to us.

Well, actually I had a little reason for that.

 

<->

 

It was a very good day. That day's lunch menu was my favorite. I even almost stole Kyungsoo's because of it. It turned out, I regret eating a lot that day.

 

 

"Bongsoon, I think that's enough," Kyungsoo grabbed my elbow to prevend me to get more bokkeumbap, or known as fried rice. Yes, everyone. My favorite food is bokkeumbap.

"Just... one scoop of spoon again..," I said as I took it with a spoon,"And... done," I added and turned to Kyungsoo to give him a grin. The latter rolled his eyes and pushed me a little, signaled me to move forward.

We proceed to find a certain table. It was pretty crowded so Kyungsoo and I got lost a little until my friend, Eunji waved her hand to us. After I noticed her, I grabbed Kyungsoo's arm and dragged him to the table. We plopped ourself on our seat and begin to eat.

"What took you so long?" Eunji asked as she slurped her milk. "Well, apparently there was someone who almost empty our cafeteria's fried rice with her spoon," Kyungsoo crossed his arms and glared to me. Already knew how I am, Eunji shrugged like it was not a big deal.

"I can't help it okay? It's bokkeumbap we're talking," I stated like it was the obvious reason of all. "Yeah yeah, just don't come crying to me if you gained weight," Kyungsoo waved his hand away and smirked.

"Duh, like i will," I continued eating and stopped again after remembered something. "Yah, where is-"

"Practicing. He told me."

"Do you even know who am I looking for, Do Kyungsoo?" I raised one of my eyebrow, challenging him. "Oh yeah I know him so well. He's your beloved- yah yah yah!" I poked his waist rapidly with my fingers.

"Your beloved...?" Eunji trailed off as she titled her head a little and fixed her gaze to me.

Okay, actually nobody except Kyungsoo know about this little crush I have. Even Eunji doesn't know about it. Eunji is a good friend of mine of course, but it's just that she likes to tease, so so much. Kyungsoo also teases me but that guy know his line.

"Uh..." I averted my gaze everywhere except her. "Best friend! My beloved.. best friend, hehe.." I said it with an awkward smile and I was pretty sure she noticed something wrong.

But then I was wrong.

"Oh.. Who?" I looked to Kyungsoo and gave him what-should-I-say look. But he only raised his brows, indicated that he didn't get my message.

I sighed before answered, "SeBaek." I rolled my eyes in my head, why did I say that?

But Eunji only bobbed her head up and down didn't say anything. And I was screaming in victory in my head because Eunji didn't suspect anything. And I didn't forget to glared Kyungsoo for the last time too.

 

<~>

 

I forgot. The lesson after lunch, is P.E. I could only hope the lesson is not too severe. I didn't know what would happen to my stomach if it's too intense.

For your information, I'm in the same class with Baekhyun, but he left me suddenly at lunch. But I was fine because Kyungsoo was waiting for me patiently at the door.

I was waiting for Baekhyun to walk together to the field. It has always been our habit to be together. But apparently he still didn't show up so I ditched him and ran to the field.

Unfortunately, I was late. Ugh. My punishment was to run in the field for 5 times after the lesson. See you later, school medical room. We were stretching together and I noticed Baekhyun running towards us. After he talked with Ms. Jung, he approached me.

"Bongsoon-ah, sorry I-"

"Practice, yeah I know. You almost everyday doing that you know?" I streched my arms and he did the same.

"Sorry, I lost track of time. But because of that, I manage to completed the song I told you before." This time I streched my legs. "What song?"

"That song you like the most." I snapped my head to him. "Really?" He nodded with a smile on his lips. "I haven't write the lyrics though."

"Seriously? With that talent you have, it will be easy," I rolled my eyes because he really is a talented person. "Yah, I want to make a good song with a good lyrics, too. It needs progress," he emphasized the last word.

"Well then, I'll wait for the masterpiece, Mr. Byun Baekhyun," I nudged his arm with my elbow. He chuckled, "Then I'll wait for your extraordinary commentary, Ms. Shin Bongsoon." I laughed and hit his arm.

After the lesson ended, we had to face our punishment. I was positioning myself before suddenly Ms. Jung called us, and we stopped abruptly.

"Since only you two are punished, I will change the punishment." We widened our eyes, and I was going to scream in happiness until she spoke again. "In replaced, Byun Baekhyun will carry you as he run."

I gaped blankly and I didn't bother to look at Baekhyun's reaction. Ms. Jung is one of the teachers who love to match her students. I did not know why she loves doing it. And I didn't know I should be happy or scared right now.

"Let's just do it quick, kay?" I heard Baekhyun spoke beside me and he squatted down in front of me, waiting for me. I freeze at the moment.

"What are you doing?" he turned his head to me. "Do you prefer me carrying you in the front?" he said with a sly grin on his face. I immediately shaked my head with a stoic face. "J-just don't do anything stupid."

Baekhyun giggled like a little boy, "Don't tell me.. that you.. are shy?" My cheeks reddened, "w-what? Why would I?!" I hit his back a bit 'hard' I think because he felt hurt. "S-sorry." WHY AM I STUTTERING?

"It's okay, let's just finish this," he said after he rubbed his back.

And I started to position myself on his back slowly. But then, Baekhyun jumped a little made me circle my arms onto his neck quickly. "You're too slow," he said and immediately get a hold of my legs and stood up. After Ms. Jung nodded to him, he started to ran.

Many thoughts were roaming in my head as he ran. I could clearly smelled his scent like this. What if I'm too heavy for him to handle? I buried my face on his back when I noticed my classmates staring and cooed to us.

I was worried when he started to slowed down and jumped a little sometimes to adjust himself.

"Yah why are you," he jumped again, "so light?"

Okay I didn't know why but I felt a pang to my chest as he said that, his action doesn't mimic his words. I didn't answer him and buried my face deeply on his back. I was busy in my thoughts so I didn't hear a chuckle.

 

When I get off him, I could only hung my head low, tried to hide my embarrassment. He was sweating so much so that I want to wipe it for him. "Oh? what is this? Does my bestfriend embarassed right now?" Baekhyun cooed as he pointed to my blushed cheeks.

"Yah.. don't tease. Let's just, go back to class." I pushed Baekhyun's finger off and took his wrist. Even his wrist is sweaty. I heard a chuckle behind me as we walked. "Gosh, you're so funny, Bong. I would love to carry you again to see your flushed cheeks. Maybe I should take a picture of it, too." he laughed so hard and how I wished to punch him on the face, but instead, my cheeks were getting redder than I want to.

"Ha.. ha.. ha.. very funny Bacon." I laughed sarcastically. And it took me a moment to realize that he wants to carry me JUST because of my face. I hung my head lower and dragged the still laughing Baekhyun along.

 

<~>

 

I stared blankly to the whiteboard. My mind went somewhere and I'm so damn sleepy. It was always like this if Mr. Song is teaching. I glanced to Baekhyun and he already lay his head on the table and cover his face with a book. I sighed and stood up to go to the toilet.

I really took my time to go to the toilet. I walked around the hall of classroom a bit before noticed a guy staring at me in front of a classroom with his hands on his ears and standing with a leg. I felt anxious before relieved after I saw Sehun was the one who was staring to me and a grin started to form on his lips. I grinned back and approached him.

"Whoa Oh Sehun! Didn't expect you to get a punishment. As far as I know, you're a very good student?" I said sarcastically with raised eyebrow, clearly teasing him. "For your information, I'm a human, too. And humans make mistakes," he said to defense himself.

"Anyway, why are you here?" I faced him again.

"Well, I was late at Ms. Do's class and this happened," he said with a groan in the end. "What? You're pretty lucky only to get this punishment. My friend has gotten worse."

"But it was not endearing to hear her nagging, Bongsoon," he whined to me. I chuckled, his behaviour was very cute but so unlike him. "Are you going back to class again?" he asked me, now he stood with two legs and his hands were off his ears.

"I don't know, I'm bored in there. Baek was sleeping." I said as I swing one of my leg lazily. "Could you help me with something?" I looked up to him and tilted my head to the side. I saw his grin.

 

<~>

 

"I swear Oh Sehun if we get caught I'll blame all of this to-" "Easy, girl easy. We won't get caught, I'm just trying to get my basketball back in the storage room. One of my friend told me that the principal put it here." he tiptoed to get a view from the inside the room by the small window. "Haven't you practice enough? I bet you're not eating anything at lunch because of your practice."

"I can't help it. The match is nearing." I rufled my hair in frustation. "How do you got your basketball taken by the principal anyway?"

"I still practicing even after the bell rang and.. boom!" he acted surprised before he sighed, "I got caught."

"Serves you right."

"I also don't want to attend Ms. Do's class actually."

I gave him a nod before he grabbed my wrist and lead me into the room. "Where is it?" I asked as I scanned the dusty things in the room. He pointed up to the highest shelf. My jaw was drop, how could the principal do this? Even if Sehun is tall, he couldn't reach up to that. And we can't possibly use chair because there isn't any in the room. I faced Sehun and raised a brow, signaled him to asked what will he do.

Sehun gave me a smirk and I already sensed a bad thing.

"No, sehun. I won't do what you're thinking right now." I made an X with my arms and gave him a no-way-I-will-do-that look. Sehun pouted and looked at me with pleading eyes. Oh god, he was so- WHERE DID HE EVEN LEARN THAT THING? Sehun has almost never aegyeo to anyone. Not even me. I guess I knew who teach him. Of course it's Byun Baekhyun.

"Please... bongsoon.. noona?" He battled his eyes to me with his wishing hand. That's it. I can't take it anymore. "Fine," I gritted my teeth.

"Get down," I said. Sehun gave me a confused look, "W-what? Why should I?" I sighed in frustration, "you want me to take your ball right? So get down so I can reach it."

"Whoa whoa, that's not my plan, okay? I'll lift you up."

Not again.. why today? When I just ate a lot of food. I started to regret following him. "Whatever, geez."

Sehun smiled to me, "thanks bongsoon. Come here." He beckoned me to approach him. I stood in front of the shelf as he stood behind me. He was starting to get a hold of my waist, "ready?" I nodded my head. He lifted me up and I stretch my hand so I can reach the ball. When I got a hold of the basketball I told Sehun, "I got it!"

But then I don't know why Sehun's hands on my waist loosened so I almost fall until Sehun get a hold of me again and put me down. I put my other hand on my chest, relived that I didn't fall. Sehun put his hand on my shoulder with a guilty expression, "Sorry, my hand slipped?" I gave him what-the-hell look. I said nothing though. Am I too heavy for Sehun too? Ughh. My cheeks started to reddened because of him.Geez, his statement is more like a question for me.

"Anyway!" He took the basketball off my hands. "Thank you for helping me, I'll take you to go back to class." He grinned cheekily.

"Geez...-_-"

 

<~>

 

I was typing a message when Kyungsoo shocked me by putting a cold drink on my cheek. "WHOA WHAT THE-" I hit Kyungsoo's arm when I saw him. I finished texting and received the drink that kyungsoo offered.

"Here. What did I say before? No texting while walking," he said as he opened his own drink. I waved my hand to him, "it just a few seconds." He scoffed before he drank his drink and walked ahead. I copied him and started to drink mine too.

"How's the day?" Kyungsoo asked. "I dunno," I shrugged my shoulder.

"What's with that answer?" He raised his eyebrows while looking at me. I didn't answer but just sighed.

 

"Hey, Kyung."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Should I diet?"

 

And and that's how it started.


Author notes.

chapter one is update! I hope you guys like the story :3
if some of you got confused, I kind of want you to guess who is her crush, so..
but of course I'll reveal it soon. But I don't really know when.
And I won't promise the next chapter will be long :"(
I really appreciate it if you comment and tell me your opinions so I can improve my writing:)
sorry for the grammar too:(
see ya!