Always

Always
Close your two eyes, slowly. Feel it, what we've shared. Many promises, many promises. Even those faces filled with regret. 

Taehyun smiled to himself as he glanced at his friend. He knew it. As much as he wanted it for himself, he knew that he couldn't get it. He glanced down at his phone as a tear dropped on the screen, blurring his vision and the voting page of Produce 101 final voting page. 

He was eliminated, but he was happy nevertheless. He knew Sungwoon would do what it takes to make it to the final 11, for him, for Hot Shot. 

As if there's no problem, you smile brightly in front of me. I can sense your feelings, as if we were connected by telepathy. 

Sungwoon looked back at Taehyun. He was far away. Just a few moments ago, they were right next to each other and then Sungwoon left, to the stage. Sungwoon could sense Taehyun's gaze from below and he smiled back, not wanting him to realise that he too, was tearing up. He wanted both of them to be fighting together, hand in hand, till the end. As Sungwoon thanked the national producers, he could not bring himself to even take a moment to look at Taehyun. 

Though I cannot express all of my feelings, it's okay because you know everything and smile. 

Taehyun walked onto the stage. Before he could check his microphone condition, he was embraced by Sungwoon. 

"You're here?" The familiar voice made Taehyun chuckle. It has been a week since the competition ended. A week since Sungwoon was chosen to be the final 11, a member of WANNA ONE. Gathering together for the first rehearsal of the Produce 101 concert, Taehyun wasn't sure if he wanted to be back at the same stage. It had also been a week since meeting Sungwoon since he was busy with new group schedules. Although he never thought much since he was hanging out with the JBJ members, meeting Sungwoon on the stage made him elated, and excited to be on stage again.

"Hey, I saw you and your 'GIRL SHE SUPER HOT!' and it was a joke! What was that move?" Taehyun made fun of Sungwoon's dance moves as they got ready for the first rehearsal. The bickering, or rather playful teasing created a few moments of laughter as they quickly got back into formation for the rehearsal. 

"Sungwoon, your turn!" One of the production staff called out to Sungwoon and Sungwoon had to go. Before Sungwoon left, he turned around and grinned at Taehyun. Taehyun managed to muster a similar grin before he looked up, trying so hard to keep the tears in. 

He's happy being with his new members. He's happy. He thinks I'm happy for him too. I am, happy for him. I am. 

At the deepest place in my heart, there is only you. No one, nothing can tear us apart. 

It was concert day. Taehyun showed up as usual, hanging around with his JBJ members. Sungwoon was busy preparing in another waiting room with the debuting members. There was no chance to meet. Hours passed and final rehearsals were done but both did not have the chance to talk to each other. From the first rehearsal till today, two weeks had passed by but Sungwoon barely had time to go back to his Hot Shot dorm since there was a new dorm for the debuting members. Taehyun had to sleep alone for two weeks and needless to say, he did not sleep much. He went out, hung out with the JBJ members just to forget a little bit of that loneliness he felt. He knew Sungwoon was doing well, but he wanted to know more, if he was eating well and if he was adapting well to the new dorm. He wanted to sneak into his luggage but he knew it was a stupid move. He looked at Sungwoon's contact, where no messages returned. 

"Taehyun, it's time for the actual stage! What are you doing still looking at your phone?" Sanggyun called out to Taehyun and Taehyun left the phone and rushed out to prepare for the very first stage of the concert. The phone vibrated twice with the Kakaotalk notification ringtone sounding twice. The phone screen lit up and it was a reply from Sungwoon. But Taehyun had already left the room. 

Time passed swiftly and it was almost time for the last stage, 'Always'. After almost twenty stages, the 35 boys gathered together on the stage again and sang 'Always'. As the first verse went on to the second verse, and then finally Sungwoon's verse, Taehyun felt the need to look at Sungwoon. He turned and looked at Sungwoon, as the spotlight shone and Sungwoon lit up. It was ethereal and Taehyun knew that Sungwoon was definitely in bliss, singing on stage. It was what he wanted to do. Sungwoon also turned and found Taehyun, staring back at him. As they sang the lines together, the same smile formed on their faces. Sungwoon may be debuting in a separate group, but the two of them will never be separated. Be it 2 years, 20 years, the friendship of so many more years can never be broken and from that one moment, both of them knew. As they sang the last line of the song together, Taehyun could not help but let a tear fall down his cheek. 

Always, in this place. 

Author note: This was a really short and quick one shot written in less than half an hour. Just had the feels to write it and I wanted to, so I did it. I really love the song and I really love the friendship between these two. I definitely disregarded Hot Shot when they debuted but now I regret. May Hot Shot rise and have loads of fans and may Sungwoon succeed in his vocal journey with WANNA ONE. Also, I'd die for JBJ interactions dont get me wrong but I altered the JBJ interactions to make the Hatae interactions more meaningful. I dedicate this one shot to Ain (@ongsteoporosis) on twitter because I wanted her to combust because of this hotshotoneshot. (Yes I had to pun it.) Also, there were a few references to some twitter jokes as well as Nu'est song (props to you if you found it!). I hope whoever reads this enjoys this ^^ Leave likes, comments and check out some of my other lyrics-related fics!