Chapter 4: #1Mirror/?#

Three Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Jungkook! Pass the ball!”

Said boy looked up from his game and scowled at the voice, “Get it yourself,” and turned back to the screen. These monsters just weren’t dying no matter what he did.

Just then, swift wind rushed past as his crossed leg was kicked in the process.

“Watch out baby bro,” Taehyung smirked with a wink before booting the ball back to the grounds. It was after school hours and both boys were passing time by doing their favourite activities. Taehyung playing football with Hoseok whilst Jungkook playing a game on the grass, alone. But before he could continue, loud sounds echoed through the school gates.

Jungkook’s eyes widened. He knew exactly who this pack was and he was all too familiar with the senior leading them forward. They must’ve come back from their football tournament earlier than expected.

Turning to Taehyung, the brown haired boy was back in the grounds and too busy trying out new tricks with Hoseok to realise the presence. Trying not to be seen or heard, Jungkook fussed with his bag and turned his head from the entrance. Just hearing their voices makes his heart heavy with anxiety.

Why can’t I just be left alone? Jungkook questioned to himself as he stood up and ambled under the shelter of a withered willow. He was safe here. At least he can finish the level in peace.

But a shadow blocked the setting sun. Looking up with surprise, he jumped thinking it was the seniors.

“Oh it’s only you Jimin - you startled me,” Jungkook remarked with relief.

“Thank you for waiting.” The light voice oozing with sweet tones had a relaxing effect.

Jungkook nodded curtly before darting his eyes back to Taehyung who was too immersed in the ball.

Jimin furrowed his brows ever so slightly and turned to the direction of the younger’s gaze. Brushing back smooth locks, “Shall we go home?” Clenching his jaw, this wasn’t a question, it was an order.

Shaking his head, “No, we need to wait for Tae.”

A dark gaze crossed the older, “No. We don’t.”

“Why not?” Jungkook immediately protested.

Jimin stared back, “Jackson is his friend...” Jungkook’s breath hitched at the name “...and we don’t like Jackson, so let’s go,” he added persuasively.

But the dark haired boy wouldn’t believe that, “It’s a lie. They aren’t.”

“Ask Tae to come home with us and let’s see what he says. I bet he’ll say; you go, I’ll be home for dinner. What do you think?” Jimin’s tone wavered before smiling.

Although it’s been one week since they adopted Jimin, things were remarkably improved. Their lifestyle rekindled luxury they once lost, Jisoo didn’t have to stay with grandma and they were soon moving to a bigger house in the prime hills of Busan. But Taehyung had begun hanging out with the seniors since Jimin was placed in Jungkook’s class. Taehyung and Hoseok were becoming more popular since they acted their age; and that left Jungkook lost in the shadows of his father’s ruined reputation once more, with only Jimin by his side. Taehyung didn’t realise his lesser presence in Jungkook’s daily activities was making the said boy more vulnerable.

If Jungkook knew about us, if they all knew, loneliness would be readily embraced with open arms. That mustn’t happen. They cannot find out. Use the acting skill Namjoon taught you... yes, that’s right. Those skills.

“N-nonsense! He’ll definitely come if I say so,” Jungkook doubted himself.

Pursing his thick lips, Jimin smiled. “Ask our brother then.”

Jungkook wasted no more time in storming towards the handsome boy who had just finished making the seniors laugh. Hoseok saw the younger first and tapped Taehyung’s shoulder. Jungkook’s steps slowed pace as every senior turned to glare at him.

But he caught the eyes of Jackson first who cocked his head to the side daringly.

“No, he can’t hurt you. Tae is here. Tae is here. Tae is here,” Jungkook mumbled so only he could hear.

“Hey Guk, what’s up?” Taehyung beamed.

Jungkook tried to smile back but couldn’t. Turning to each senior individually, they were all ripped and dashingly handsome. Tall and tanned. Heck - even Taehyung started hitting the gym with them. Feeling insecure at his still developing height and body, he pulled the older by the arm so they were a step away from the rest, “Let’s go home.”

Analysing the younger’s features with huge eyes, Taehyung flashed his box smile. “Actually, everyone wanted to go out to celebrate. They won the football match which means I get to play in the semi finals and-”

Jungkook’s heart sunk, “Okay.”

Taehyung grabbed his wrist, “It’s not okay. I won’t go until you smile.”

“I won’t.” He wanted to kick himself, it sounded so childish.

“Hey Taehyung, you coming or what?!” The husky voice was Jackson.

“You guys go ahead!”

“No. Go with them. Go with your best friend Jackson,” Jungkook retorted, not caring how snotty it sounded. Only two weeks ago did this sick boy try to harm Jungkook and now his older brother is his friend.

“He is not my friend,” Taehyung snapped, grabbing the younger’s arm with pressure.

Jimin had been watching everything. He despises this Jackson figure. He can break the two boys currently arguing later on at home, but this Jackson boy was something else. Whilst showing him around the school, Jungkook had hidden away from Jackson and his friends any time their laughs were heard. When Jimin asked, Jungkook didn’t tell him. But he knows this senior has done something to terrify his art work.

“We’ll get him to 11 soon, don’t worry,” Jimin growled with arched brows as two magpies flew away.

A familiar hand grabbed his blazer sleeve. His thoughts ran away.

Turning to analyse Jungkook’s teary eyes down to his knuckles white with fury, the corner of Jimin’s lip curled upwards.

“I heard you like black noodles. Let us eat that?” It was again, an order.

Jungkook stopped walking and faced him, “Let’s eat what you want hyung.”

His smile bursted with unexplainable warmth at the honorific, “Actually black noodles is my favourite as well.” Through mirroring Jungkook’s smile, warmth was reflected to the younger. His anxiety ceased, “Okay. Afterwards, let’s go home.”

Jimin smirked, “I thought you’d never ask.” And he did something which shocked Hoseok who had turned around to check on them.

“Hyung, your hand is so cold.”’

“I have a warm heart,” Jimin replied.

Jungkook looked down at his shoes, “Thank you.”

“That’s what brothers do. Right? If I need your help, I know you’d do the same,” he squeezed the younger’s hand.

Nodding, “Of course. You’ve only been here for a week and everything is so much better.” Jungkook shook a certain deep giggle out of his mind. Jimin hummed and assessed the younger who was now skipping with happiness, forgetting the devastating betrayal of Taehyung.

Hoseok gulped with worry and turned to tell Taehyung, but he was already gone with the seniors. Watching Jimin lead Jungkook away sent icy shivers down Hoseok’s spine. He can’t explain it, but his sixth sense tells him to watch out. Jimin’s aura is not just cold, it’s deadly. It’s unexplainable and malevolent.

Just then, Jimin turned around sharply. Locking eyes with Hoseok from a distance, his gaze threw daggers of venom before hastily turning the corner with his hand flat on Jungkook’s back.

“, , , ,” brushing rigid hairs on his arm back down, Hoseok knew he should tell Seokjin. Maybe it is just a hunch, but Hoseok can feel something really bad approaching.

 

Once you mirror his actions successfully, he will begin to trust you.

 

Check

 

Mate.

 

*

Taehyung opened his eyes to the sound of pitter patter.

Groaning thickly, “A rainy morning.”

“Mummy, where’s my tiara!” Jisoo yelled from downstairs.

“On the fireplace!” Returned Hyemin’s voice which was getting closer. She knocked his door once, “Taehyungie don’t be out too late!”

Scampering to Jungkook’s room, “Listen to your brother well. We are taking Jimin to see his social worker...don’t wait for us...have dinner and-”

And the rest was a trail because damn were they loud. Storming to his door, he kicked it shut before slithering back into bed. Minutes later, the front door closed and he could hear his parents sweet talking Jimin into the car. They were dropping Jisoo off to her best friend’s birthday party and by the ensuing sound of silence save the rain, Jungkook must still be sleeping.

Taehyung closed his heavy eyes, before they opened to heavier rain and a gloomier sky. The culprit of his disturbed slumber was his cell.

Dragging it from deep under the covers, “Who is it.”

“Where are you?” Laughed Hoseok, he was in a speeding car.

Rubbing his large eyes, “Glad you escaped the stable but I was still sleeping.”

“What? You’re leaving? We’ll be there in fifteen minutes!” Hoseok shouted over the laughter.

Taehyung cut the call and chuckled before turning to the sound of creaking floorboards outside for he knew exactly what Jungkook was doing. Biting his lip, his heart sunk at the reality of the situation. Wanting to give the younger some space since Jimin came into their lives wasn’t going to plan.

Jumping up, he rushed out and pushed the tall figure out of the way before sticking his tongue out and locking the bathroom door.

“Ya!” Jungkook called.

“That’s what you get for sneaking around! Oh and get dressed, we’re going out in ten minutes! Hurry up or I’ll drag you out!”

Jungkook’s mouth parted with confusion before he gulped. The older was still being distant with him, but today they were actually going out. It’s now been a month since Jimin became their brother and whilst the former and Jungkook were exceptionally close, Taehyung still stuck to Hoseok.

Giddy at the thought of going out with Taehyung after ages, the younger rushes to his room, choosing an outfit, ending up with an oversized jumper and black jeans. Checking the mirror, he decides to make an extra effort with a facial cream set Jimin bought him.

Smiling distantly, Jimin sure knew loads about maintenance.

“Ready? Let’s go!” Taehyung peeked behind the door and stopped short at the sight of the younger.

Both locked eyes awkwardly and didn’t know what to do so chuckled and silently waited for Hoseok’s call as he came with two friends who - luckily for Jungkook - were in his class. It was nearly sunset when all five of them rushed to the local chipotle starving messes, for the new arcade really tired them out. Initially, all were to go paintballing, but Seokjin was busy so the odd five decided to go to where Jungkook wanted.

Taehyung as usual was the chattiest one, making all the jokes as Hoseok’s laughter was the loudest. All of a sudden, Taehyung jumped up on the table and decided to dance to the background song. Evidently, the workers enjoyed Taehyung’s dancing so turned the music up as he jumped from table to table, shaking his bottom and wiggling his hips.

Joining in the laughter and clapping, Jungkook’s smile radiated the brightest as he was unable to remove his doe eyes from the handsome clown. Looking down each time Taehyung laughed in his direction, the latter realised Jungkook’s unprecedented shyness, so bowed before choosing to sit right next to Jungkook.

“Hahaha oh my gosh! So many people are snapping me, they loved it Tae!” Hoseok yelled as the two friends were busy rubbing their bellies, “I just wish Seokjin was here too!”

“Yeah, make sure the traitor sees how much fun we were having! Where is he anyway?”

“Some hospital job,” Hoseok waved dismissively.

Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter