July 7, 2004

The Odd Disappearance of Han Sanghyuk

Han Sanghyuk was believed to have gone missing on July 7, 2004, just two days after he had just turned 9. Gone without a trace. No evidence of foul play, no body found. The only evidence left behind would be a fingerprint. That fingerprint belonged to Kim Wonshik, who was only 11 at the time

There you go, kidnapper found, case solved... But wait! Wonshik had an alibi. He was with his friend (Lee Hongbin) at the time of the kidnapping. So how could it be him? Simple, it wasn't. But, if it wasn't Wonshik, then who was it? That's exactly what no one knows. 

Or does someone know, but isn't telling? That might just be it. Maybe that someone knows the exact location that Sanghyuk was taken to that day. Maybe someone knows exactly who took Sanghyuk. Maybe someone knows the location of Sanghyuk himself.

Oh yeah, remember what was said about there being 'no evidence' before? Well that was wrong. They found a tape, three blocks down from Sanghyuk's house. It had a piece of tape labeled; Specimen 8C (Sanghyuk). At first, the worst was assumed. That Sanghyuk had been shipped off to some illegal experimental facility, in the middle of nowhere. But when viewing the tape, it was the opposite. It showed him running around in a field. He looked happy. Almost like he had wanted to be kidnapped. That couldn't be the case though, who would willingly let themselves be kidnapped and like it? Not many people, that's for sure.

After the discovery of the tape, the case went cold. No more leads, evidence, or suspects. Nothing.

Until a child (with an extreme resemblance to Sanghyuk) showed up in Gyeongsan, a whopping 135 kilometers from his hometown, Daejeon. Everyone had suddenly found hope. But it was in vain, the child was merely a look-alike. 

The case went cold once again. And it stayed that way for about three years. Then five. Then eight. 

And then no one looked at the case files from then on. All hope was long lost. Even his family was tired of trying. No one wanted to try to find any clues or leads. 

Maybe they were wrong to stop trying. Maybe Sanghyuk was out there somewhere. Or maybe he was buried in some ones backyard.

No, that couldn't be the case, they searched every house and backyard within a 500 kilometer radius. 

All except for one. An abandoned house on the end of a small street. They completely ignored it (how stupid of them). 

But then there was the day someone bought the house. That's when they found where I hid the body.