My Imagination

A Wolf Who's In Love With You

Author's Note :
The very first chapter's got my heart beating fast .
Don't know how good a job I've done but ,
Hope you check out this chapter ! 
☺☺☺☺
Also , don't forget to vote , comment and share .
Love ya'll 
****************************************
" Come on, Lola, walk faster girl ! I bet we be stuck in this rockpath excuse of a road inside this very foreign jungle for the rest of our lives!" Beth, my bestfriend , went on bickering .

" Aw.. Beth...we're only 23 , darling . I don't think we'll be stuck in here for more than a day ." I retorted .

"Always posh and proper." She huffed.

A puzzled look came upon my face and I furrowed my eyebrows

"Your english , I mean ..," Beth continued .

Well , let me do the honours of telling you folks how we - Beth and I , got here.
And excuse me for saying this but, my here is in the middle of a damned jungle ,
with a bestie who had a panic attack every two minutes , which obviously isn't very helpful, and we have no idea, whatsoever , where this path would lead us . That's not all , the light is so dim cuz of the trees and I don't even know if there are animals.

I would laugh it off if I could .
Now, coming to the part of how we got here, hm.. 
Well , actually , we may seem like fools but, Beth and I are doctors .
I'm in my 4th year of experience , although I am just 23 of age. 
You see , I finished my medical studies just when I was 19 and well, had been interning for a year .
In my intern days and for three last 3 years , I've finished a bit of my speciality , which is in surgery .
And I'm proud to say , I'm a full fledged doctor . 

Beth , on the other hand , is interning .
I was transferred to a hospital in a town I barely can even pronounce or remember the name of .
Well, it's HQ for our company branch .
But, exactly why is the HQ in the middle of a forest ? 
Well probably cuz the Chairman or CEO is a psychopath ! 

"Lola, you're getting carried away in your thoughts again ! Holy Jesus ! We are in the middle of nowhere 
and the only person I'm with , that would be you, is acting probably non-existent! 
God! You're creeping me out more than this place Lola! ," Beth chattered. 

What did I tell you about Beth and her every 2 minute panic ! Ha! I pulled it right off the mark !

" Man , I bet our CEO or Chairman or whatever his name is is probably not a very witty person I think.
I mean , who'd have HE'S in a forest! It's creepy and damp and not a nice place obviously !" 
Now, Beth is really coming up with panic. 

"I told you you should just stay back at the old hospital , Beth .
Oh , and if you have any panic pills with you, gobble up some ,girl .
I believe you would be the death of me.
Oh and for the Chairman , yup, I believe he is a naive , selfish , old , pot bellied bastard for having the headquarters here ." 

Beth shared a look of approval and we shared a laugh.
Just at that moment , I could hear a whimper from the forest .
What in the world ! There may be animals !
But as far as I know , I thought only dogs whimper. Hm.. maybe hunting dogs were around .
Well, must be my imagination .

"Urgh ! We should've just agreed when the cab driver offered to take us into town . Now , I think we're stuck. 
Ah! Why does my life always have to be like this!"

"Beth, I'm sure if we continue walking , we'll reach in no time . Just walk and zip your mouth . You sound like an old lady complaining of her regrets in marrying her husband !"

"Lola, it's already 4:50 . And I'm sure an hour later , the sun'd set. "
"Then, keep walking."
And we continued walking, walking and more walking . 

Thus , an hour and a half , a scratched knee and two falls later , we finally made it to the damned place.
Well, for a place inside the forest , this place is pretty nice and if I'm seeing correctly , this town is massive , packed and full of life . 
Beth had already gone to the intern staff quaters .
Now, I needed to find a place for myself and I should check in to the hospital registers to announce my arrival .
Well, to the hospital it is, then . 


I found the hospital without much difficulty . 
Well, it was the tallest of the structures I had seen here .
It was a 29 storeyed building probably modern , as I guessed from the arcitecture .

Well, I checked in and resumed to finding a place to rent , when I went boom! 
The surface was so hard that I was sure it was a wall.
Wait! Why in the world am I walking into walls ! 
It's not like I'm blind or something .
But when I looked up, I saw curious eccentric blue eyes and a handsome face staring at me .
Wow. I must've had hit my head too hard to see a man who is a wall.

"I'm terribly sorry , miss . I should've been careful ." The man wall spoke .

I shook my head and looked up to see a man , smiling and offering his hand for support .
I quickly got up by myself , neglecting his help , well mainly because by the way he dressed , he looked to be of importance .

"Ah, no need for apologies , sir . I'm sorry for causing you trouble ."

"Well, Gary would do, Gary Edwards , miss ."

" Okay, Mr. Edwards . Sorry for the trouble ."

"Ya know , you're making me feel old by calling me that .
Gary would do . And I'm also tired of calling you miss. May I ask of your name?"

"Of course, Lola Lacey Evangeline .
But, Lola or Lacey or Ms.Evangeline would work ."

"So , what brings you by our hospital Lacey ? Sick?"

"Nah, I was just transferred here from the St . Francisco branch ."

"Oh,..... wait! Don't tell me !" Gary held an expression of surprise and disbelieve," Are you that Lola who's the youngest surgeon to perform a heart transplant , the one who's gonna be head of department 1A ! Come on, you look too young . You can't be her or are you?"

" I don't know how you know so much about my career, Mr.Edwards . But , I'd be lying if I told you I was not that Lola you are talking about ."

Mr. Edwards stood mouth wide open with his unchanging look of disbelief until it changed to one of admiration .

"Gary , please . Well then Lacey, I think we're gonna be crossing paths often ."

"I hope so ." And with that , I excused myself .

*******************
Finding a place wasn't so hard .
I found myself a home , with the help of an agent of course , just about a mile away from the hospital.
I don't know about you but for me , that's walkable distance .
Well , I'm not proud or anything but, the place I rented is actually very likeable .

Except that I have to share a kitchen , bathroom and living room with another person.
For the record , upstairs was mine and it was actually very spaced with an a.c. .
High five to the a.c. 

I started talking to Ms.Margaret .

"So, upstairs is mine and who lives here downstairs ?" I asked out of sheer curiosity. 

"Ah, another doctor . He just checked in yesterday . Says he's been transferred here ."

"HE? !" 
"He . A man , darling . He's just around 24 or 25 , I think .
And you can get your hopes up . He's a handsome charmer ," Margaret said while winking at me.

"Oh come on, how can this be happening ? I'm gonna be living in a shared house with a man !?
Wait , did you even ask him if he was fine with sharing a house with a girl ?"

"Ms.Evangeline, this is not uncommon .
Here in this town , we've a lot of shared houses like this .
And of course he said it was fine with him ."

Common? God ! I've got a lotta "fitting into" to work on.

"OK, thank you Ms.Margaret . I believe I've wired the money to the Company's account .
And we've been to the registration office with the official papers so I believe all is well .
Thank you, again." I said.

It was quick finding myself a nice place and with a reasonable price for rent .

Walking up to my room , I quickly re-adjust the bed , the desk and chair , and the dressing table .
Well, the wardrobe was fixed to the wall and there was a couch by the window .
All in all , it looked better than the last place I lived in .
Quickly putting in my clothes and all the necessities I have in my duffle back and suitcase , 
I ran downstairs to make myself something to eat.

And then another boom! 
WOW! Two booms in a day ! 
I gotta stop running into walls .

"Lacey?," a familiar voice called out with disbelieve .

As I looked up, I got the biggest surprise of a lifetime .
There stood the young man who I used to play with in my childhood .
The boy who I lost contact with for the last two years !
My very first friend ! "Dylan!" I shouted .

A/N: The first few chapters will not be to the extent of being really good but I can assure you that from towards the end of chapter  Mate!His Buddy !, your adrenaline will be shooting up to your heads thinking about the mysteries and revelations of every chapter from then onwards .

BTW I am also available as godessrim on watpad so this is not a plagiarism .On the other hand, I am going to post my story here for making it more accessible .