Chapter 3

Call On Me

"When you wake up, call it day one
(It's a new beginning, brand new start
now youre living)
We can laugh about what we've done
(And I know it's stupid, kinda like it the way you lose it)
"

=============

"I KNEW IT!"

 

Seungwan snapped the girls and Jaehyung out with her exclamation.

 

"You-what?" Jaehyung was confused.

"Yes, you heard it right, and she was right. Why? I was once a victim of his douchebag attitude."

 

Seungwan's revelation made the three girls and Jaehyung's mouths went round and open as they didn't expect her to open up about her worst experience of being friends with Kim Yugyeom, especially on Jaehyung's part because he was really a close friend to him.

 

"Wait, homie! I need to hear your explanation, but before that, let's bring her to her bed. Alright?" Jaehyung was so curious about Seungwan's story behind her words against Yugyeom, but later made a favour for his bestfriend.

 

Few minutes later, as Jaehyung and the four girls brought the sleeping drunk Yerim together to her room and placed her in her bed, they went ahead to the sofa to talk about Yugyeom. As for Seungwan's story, she told the four that she used to be friends with Yugyeom since their training days (they debuted in the same year, but Yugyeom's group got debuted first). They met in a music festival in Seoul, and became friends. At first, she thought he was a very polite and jolly dongsaeng to her, but one moment turned their friendship upside down and completely ruined, which Seungwan stated that he posted a picture of her in his private Instagram account, but covered her face by random scribbles with words 'desparate for boys' ' above her head. She confronted him, but he didnt apologise. Instead, he pretended that nothing happened and laughed hysterically on her 'accusation' against him. Ever since that incident, Seungwan swore that she would never interact with anyone in JYP except for her English-speaking Korean homie Jaehyung. As for Yerim's case, Seungwan told the four that one time Yerim opened up to her few days ago that she experienced the same situation with her, but in a different scenario. She said she was friends with him for half a year, and yet she was being backstabbed by the same person while talking with his friends about his new 'friend' (theyre both in a commercial shoot) in which he described as 'a weakling and an easy girl;" those words made Yerim felt that he was taking their friendship for granted. Those explained Jaehyung's curiosity on why his squirtle sister suddenly wanted to drink in the riverbanks of Han River, as well as the connection of Seungwan's case to Yerim's.

 

"Damn. I honestly never thought that he would turn into a douchebag, and the level is too high. I and Gyeom are still close friends, but I wont tolerate this kind of . Thanks homie for opening this up."

"Hope this case would help for our Yerimmie, homie. I know she's like your lil sis, and honestly, you reminded me of her. A lot." She felt relieved that there was someone like Jaehyung, who was outside SM, who can take care of their maknae like it's his own little sister.

"This helps a lot. Thank you so much, homie. I'll talk to him when he's free. By the way, I need to go now cos it's already 2am, and I have a band practice later." He stood as he was preparing to leave their dorm.

"Thank you so much for your time, homie." Seungwan stood as well.

"My pleasure, homie."

"Thank you so much, Jaehyung. I really didnt know what to do if it wasnt for you. Thank you so much for taking her home." Joohyun felt like her worries were lessen when talking to Jaehyung about Yerim.

"Would always be my pleasure, Baechu noona. It's also my responsibility as well."

"You should visit here next time, Jae oppa! We have PSP, and we can play Pokemon--" Sooyoung jokingly offered him a game.

"JOOOOYYY! WYD?" Joohyun side-eyed her.

"S-sorry, unnie. I'm just too excite--"

"If I have time, Joy-stick. Dont worry."

"YAAAAAAAH!!" She started to laugh while playfully punched his slim arm.

"Aigooo...."

"Oppa! I have a question, but choose one. Lobster or Wonpil?" Seulgi randomly asked him a question.

"Dont get me started, Pringles, or else, I'll upload your embarassing Running Man Challenge vide--"

"YAAAH DONT YOU DARE!!"

"For the love of lobster, I do. If you keep on asking me things about Wonpi--"

"Youre such a bully!"

"Cant help it tho. Thats how I show my love."

"Well... you really have to go now, oppa. Thank you for taking care of Yeri!"

"Thank you so much as well, girls. See you next time!"

 

The girls wave him goodbye as he was leaving their dorm. He was still in a bit disbelief that his own labelmate-slash-close friend would do such things not just to his 'lil sis', but also to Seungwan. He somewhat figured out his curiosity on why Yerim suddenly and randomly talked on him while drunk, but he swore he didnt do anything wrong to her. Even when he got home half an hour later, and about to go to sleep, he couldnt stop worrying about the situation, which made his roommate Younghyun a bit worried.

 

The next morning, Yerim woke up a bit late, not knowing that it was already her practise time, and her unnies were already in SM building. She rushed her morning routine just to be on time for her training. As she was on her way to SM, she suddenly saw Jaehyung walking with Younghyun and a new guy (in her own eyes) on their way to band practise.

 

"Hai Jae oppa! Hai Young K oppa!"

"Oh, hi there, Squirtle! Are you already sober?"

"Do you wanna die, chicken little?" She glared.

"Eassssy, squirtle!"

"But youre still 18, right? Then why did you--" Younghyun wondered why, and was about to finish his question when Jaehyung suddenly started talking.

"Bro. Long story."

"Ooookkaaaaayy.."

"Sorry, Young K oppa. By the way, who's that guy with you?"

"Oh, I forgot, squirtle. Yeri, this is Dowoon. Our drummer maknae. Dowoon, this is Yeri. Red Velvet's savage maknae Yeri."

"Hello, Dowoon oppa! Nice to meet you!"

"Hi Yeri! Nice to meet you as well."

"Me too. By the way, I have to go now. I have a dance and voice practice, and I'm already late. Nice to see you gaise again, and nice to meet you Dowoon oppa!"

"It's okay. We're also on our way to JYP. We'll hang out later. I'll let you know what time." Jaehyung smiled.

"Okay! See you later!"

 

On the other hand, Jaehyung and his mates started their band practise right after they arrived and unplugged their instruments, but as they kept on practising, Jaehyung seemed to be out of focus and a bit uneasy while thinking about some things, including what happened, and it made his blood boiling as he wanted clarifications, so he decided to pick up his phone and gave Yugyeom a text message.

 

"To: Gyeommie

Hi Gyeom! Can we meet up outside JYPE later on our practise break? Let's eat burgers if you want. My treat.

From: Jae"

 

Few moments passed, and he got a reply from Yugyeom.

 

"To: Jae hyung

Yaaaay! Sure hyung! Besides, I have no any appointments in JYPE.

From: Yugyeom"

 

Jaehyung smirked as he saw the GOT7 member's reply, and continued practising with his electric guitar as his band role.

 

It was already quarter past 11, and JYP sunbaenim decided to give them a practise break. The boys went out of the building together for a Starbucks frappe, but Jaehyung told them that he would be going to their dorm cos he forgot his wallet. Sungjin accepted the oldest's excuse without any hesitation, and gave Jaehyung the dorm key.

 

"Thanks, Bob. Dun worry, I'll be right back."

"Youre welcome, chicken."

 

And as Jaehyung left the boys, he ran and headed to the burger stall near Itaewon where the meeting with Yugyeom took place. 10 minutes paet since he arrived, Yugyeom also arrived.

 

"Hi hyung! Sorry, I'm late."

"Its okay, Gyeommie. By the way, what do you want?"

"Uhhmm... I only want a junior burger. I'm now on my diet since JYP sunbaenim told us about our comeback next month."

"Okay, noted. I'll be going to order."

 

Jaehyung ordered one junior burger and one overloaded cheese burger to the stall vendor, and as he promised, he paid those two burgers, and gave the junior burger to Yugyeom.

 

While walking on their way back to JYPE building, they started talking like they were catching up with each other.

 

"So...how's your day, Gyeommie?"

"Still fine and alive, hyung. How bout you?"

"Great. Same here. By the way, I heard from my sources that you had a new friend."

"Uhh... yeah. But goddamnit, shes so weak and easy. I dunno, but I sometimes I love making fun of that girl."

"What's the name of that girl, by the way?"

"Yeri. Kim Yerim."

"THEN YOU, SON OF A !"