Final.

Line My Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Her voice hardening, and her words sharp and cutting. She was furious, her fists were shaking at her sides and her eyebrows were so pinched together that it looked painful.

 

The group of boys sneered at Luna, their gazes mocking, their smirks telling her more than she asked. Even though they said nothing, she got the message- "Mind your own business or you'll regret it." They didn't look guilty nor sorry. None of them. It disgusted her even more. And now they looked at her with their predatory gazes; she was the new prey. She glanced once more at the victim, cowering on the floor but it was evident he was both humiliated and enraged.

 

She wished she ran faster.

 

"What? Are you guys deaf or something?" She bravely spat the question out, and the leader, she assumed, had his eye twitching at her question.

 

"Are you blind, you little ? Clearly, this girl," his friends grinned, amused at his joke, "needs to learn a lesson, and we're nice enough to teach it to him." Luna scoffed as exaggeratedly as she possibly could, rolling her eyes for added effect.

 

"If the lesson you're teaching him is how to be a close-minded, disrespectful, inhumane son of a who has no life, then you're doing a great ing job, I must say," she smiled sweetly at the men who looked ready to slice her into pieces and feed her to dogs. The boy on the ground widened his eyes at her even with the extreme pain, and she tried her hardest not to look at him so that their attention isn't diverted to him anymore.

 

Luna titled her head at them, as if asking what they were waiting for. That was all it took for two of them to run at her, and she sprang into action. She avoided the kick that was aimed at her stomach and kneed the man at the place where it hurt the most making him bend over in pain. The other played dirty, a knife in his hand, but she knew how to defend herself very well, knocking the weapon off of his hand in seconds. She anticipated the rest of the men who had underestimated her to charge like raging bulls, and that was when Sehun came in like a knight in shining armour.

 

Even though Luna knew how to fight, she was no match for a group of men twice her size. In a span of a few minutes, the fight was over with Sehun barely bruised or cut, and so was Luna. The siblings watched them run or limp away from them, before turning to the boy who suddenly groaned in pain.

 

She shot to him in an instant, concern replacing the stoic face she wore the entire time. "Are you alright?" He was wincing, blood on his face and clothes, and she could see the patches where bruises would form. "Sehun, help him!" She shot her brother a dirty look for just idly standing there.

 

They both brought him to the clinic despite his weak protests. He requested that he went into the room with the doctor alone, and so Sehun and Luna sat outside waiting for him. In the meantime, she checked for injuries on herself and then on Sehun, and sighed in relief when it was really just bruises from punches and rough elbows. "So, what was he attacked for?" Turning to his sister, his face showing curiosity.

 

It seemed like Luna's face completely glazed over with something close to pity. "He was wearing makeup." Sehun frowned, clearly upset, and looked at the door as if he could see the victim.

 

"People are ty,” was all he said.

 

"I know."

 

Remembering that Sehun literally ran at the speed of light to get to her, she gave him a genuine, slightly embarrassed smile. "Thanks for coming so quickly. I probably scared you."

 

"I really thought you were ," he glared at her for a few seconds before wearing his monotonous mask again. She gave him a squeeze on his knee, another silent 'thank you' to which he nodded.

 

When the door opened, they both stared at him. He looked a little better physically, but the way he moved showed how weak and drained he was. There was either a bandage or a plaster or yellowish looking ointment on most of the visible parts of his skin.

 

Sehun immediately went to his side, and carefully wrapped his arm around his waist to support him. It looked like it took a lot in him to even stand upright, nonetheless to walk. "We'll drive you home," Luna informed him, to which he shook his head.

 

"I've troubled you guys enough, and I'm so grateful. I'll grab a taxi or something." The way he leaned towards Sehun for support said an entirely different thing. But no matter what he said, Luna will bring him home.

 

"We're taking you home, and that's final." The authoritative tone she used was back, and he visibly flinched.

 

"Relax, woman," Sehun rolled his eyes at his sister's stern form. Baekhyun glanced at the man beside him, finally hearing his voice for the first time. "You're scaring him," and his words made her face crumble. She awkwardly rubbed the back of her neck before walking away sheepishly.

 

They walked to the car in silence, and the process of transferring the injured man into the car seat took longer than expected. Apparently he was more beaten up than the siblings had expected. They felt immensely sorry for him, and he was aware of it from the pitiful gazes they sent him, which he didn't really appreciate.

 

"So, what's your name?" Luna turned in her seat to look at him, Sehun quietly driving.

 

He looked at her a little tiredly, but his eyes were bright and inquisitive. "Baekhyun," he smiled, and Luna decided right there and then that she loved his smile. "Byun Baekhyun." She couldn't help smiling back, although a bit shyly.

 

"I'm Luna, and this is my brother, Sehun," nodding at his direction. Baekhyun's mouth formed an 'o'.

 

"I thought you guys were a couple." He received an "ew" from Luna, and a view of Sehun's furrowed eyebrows from the rear mirror.

 

"We actually get that a lot, which is very disturbing," she shuddered for effect, making Baekhyun chuckle. "How old are you anyway?"

 

"18." He looked more at ease now, less cautious with his words.

 

"Oh, you're the same age as me. This guy is 20," pointing a thumb at Sehun. Baekhyun nodded, his eyes turning a bit murky as if he was thinking.

 

The rest of the journey went on in comfortable silence with Baekhyun occasionally speaking up to give directions.

 

Getting the injured boy out was more challenging than getting him in. Luna had to climb into the seat next to him to carefully manoeuvre him while Sehun stood outside, carrying half his weight.

 

Once he was out, which took a good 15 minutes, Luna took the car keys from Sehun and closed all the doors and locked it before joining them halfway to the lift lobby. They didn't even make it that far, honestly.

 

Luna stood on the left of Baekhyun, ready to cushion his fall if ever. The three had to stop at some point because he accidentally tripped over a stray rock and was wincing so much that Sehun pulled him to a stop. She gently rubbed his shoulder to distract him from the pain, which actually worked.

 

"I'm really sorry for troubling you like this." His timid voice broke the silence. He felt so bad for do

Please log in to read the full chapter