Chapter 5

I've switched bodies with... LEE HOWON?!
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Still Dongwoo’s POV

Back at the dorm, in Dongwoo‘s shared room with Myungsoo and Sungyeol

“Are you going to tell the rest of Infinite?” Jiyun raised her eyebrows and asked in a small voice.

“Of course not. There’s gonna be chaos if they all know there’s actually a girl in the dorm. Also, if word about this gets out to the manager, he’ll probably stop you from performing, which Hoya will definitely be very upset about.”

She pursed her lips and nodded in understanding.

“Ah what am I talking about? They won’t even believe it in the first place! I’m probably the only one who actually believes it.” I said while laughing at myself in frustration.

“Dongwoo… oppa? Do I call you oppa or hyung?”

“To play safe, just call me hyung okay? And I think I can only teach you the dance at night when they’re all resting and preparing to sleep, so that no one will find out. So, be prepared to sacrifice your sleep.”

“Dongwoo hyung, thank you.” She said with a smile.

I laughed awkwardly again and at that moment, my phone rang. I looked at the unknown caller ID and furrowed my eyebrows.

“Yes, who is it?”

“It’s me, Hoya.”

“What is it?”

“Can you arrange a day for me and Jiyun to meet again? I want to teach her some stuff personally. Like my individual parts and all.”

“Yeah, sure, I’ll call you again.”

I hung up as a mild ache began throbbing in my head. What predicament have I gotten myself into?

That night, 11pm

“Kids! It’s time to sleep!” Sunggyu shouted at the top of his voice and clapped his hands loudly to grab our attention, “We’re going to have a long day of practice tomorrow so you’re going to need a lot of energy!”

“Yah Lee Sungjong! Stop practicing girl group dances! Have you even mastered our dances??” Sunggyu shouted into Sungjong’s shared room with Hoya.

“The rest of you! Switch off that TV right now!”

Sungjong pouted and began switching off his laptop, while the rest of us switched off the TV and prepared to sleep.

Jiyun’s POV

“I think it’ll be more convenient if I share a room with Dongwoo right?” I thought.

“Sungjong-ah, can you sleep with Myungsoo and Sungyeol for the time being? Dongwoo hyung and I have to… erm… discuss… about writing raps…”

Sungjong gave me a confused look at first but quickly smiled and said, “Okay!”

“What?! I said to sleep okay!” Sunggyu shouted at me in disbelief.

“I-I…” I was at a loss of words to say. Wouldn’t it be difficult for us to escape to the practice room later if we were sharing rooms with the others?

“I want to sleep with Dongwoo hyung!” I blurted out.

All the members stopped what they were doing and turned around to stare at me. Dongwoo gaped.

“Sungjong has been snoring quite a bit lately…” I tried to cover up for myself.

“What! I don’t-” Sungjong was in the middle of defending himself when Sunggyu cut in and said, “Okay okay whatever. Just go to sleep quickly.”

The members settled down surprisingly quick, and in just a few moments, the lights in the dorm all went off.

Dongwoo and I hurried off the practice room nearby, still in our sleeping clothes. He was yawning all the way.

“You’re tired, aren’t you?” I asked with concern.

“It’s okay, I’ve to do this for Infinite anyway.”

After a while, he asked abruptly, “Why would something like this happen between you and Hoya?”

I shrugged and said, “Beats me.”

“Will you guys ever change back?”

I shuddered at the thought that I’d have to remain as Hoya forever. I never really thought about that. It was fun for awhile, but if we never change back… That’s gonna be scary. And I’ll miss my friends and family…

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you, but I just suddenly thought about it.” He said tactfully when he realised I was getting worried. I gave him a smile and shook my head lightly as I said "It's okay."

When we reached the practice room, Dongwoo taught me the dance for Paradise from the start up till pre-chorus. He then sat down by the side and supervised me while I practiced on my own. After some time of practice, I sat down beside him, exhausted, and glanced at my watch. It was already 2am.

I turned around and saw that Dongwoo had dozed off with the most peaceful expression on his face. I really didn’t bear to wake him up. I closed my eyes and breathed slowly, intending to just take a quick nap.

5am

I felt a strong shake on my shoulder. “What??” I groaned as I stirred awake from my sleep.

“It’s 5am already, we have to get back very soon! What time did you stop practice? Why didn’t you wake me up?” Dongwoo said frantically.

“Sorry, I didn’t bear to wake you up since you looked so peaceful… And I guess I fell asleep…”

“Let’s talk on the way.” Dongwoo said and held my hand firmly, pulling me up from my seat.

As we walked back to the dorm briskly, he said, “You can’t join our practices just yet since you don’t know the whole dance. So… erm. Feign sickness or something okay? Otherwise the others will surely discover something amiss.”

“Ahh… but I’m not very good at that…”

“Don’t worry, I’ll cover you. Besides, I think they’ll let you off with it since Hoya had already mastered the dance before.” He said with a reassuring smile.

I sighed quietly. How could I possibly reach his standard?

Hoya’s POV

The next day at school

I saw a golden letter stuck to Jiyun’s locker door. What is this? Some ticket to Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory?

I opened it up and found a handwritten letter inside.

To: Kim Jiyun

You’ve won a top prize! Come to the school garden at 1pm this afternoon to collect your prize.

Please log in to read the full chapter