Transfer

We're All in This Together

It was 6 AM when Eunki woke to his aching muscles, evidence of his late night practice. However, it wasn't basketball practice Eunki was doing, but rather dance practice. He'd been up late dancing, remembering the feeling from that New Years party, the feeling that could only be created with the two entwined minds and souls. Right now, though, Eunki only felt regret for practicing so much, it was first day back at school and his body already felt like it was ready to give out at any moment. 

 

The blond boy groaned as he lifted his self out from his cacoon of blankets, knowing full well if he didn't make a move to get out now he'd definitely have to face his mothers yells later. "How can the schools basketball captain be late to school" she'd shout, and Eunki would be left with a headache all day, something he definitely does not need right now. 

 

Eunki led himself to the bathroom, brushed his teeth, washed his face, fixed his hair, then made way to the kitchen. 

 

He was met with his dad's boisterous laugh as Eunki massaged his aching shoulder muscles. "Up last night practicing already? Must be excited for the season to start, hey boy?" 

Eunki let out a forced awkward laughter, "Yeah, Dad. The captains gotta stay in shape , right?" Eunki pulled out the kitchen stool to sit by the bench as his mum laid out a cooked breakfast saying something about having to have a healthy start to a new school year. He was grateful though, his stomach had been growling since he went to bed last night. 

 

Eunki spent the rest of the morning before school just joking around with his dad and helping his mum clean the kitchen. "Alright kids, time for school." Eunkis mum said pointedly to both Eunki and his dad. Thus, Eunki was off to first day of the new semester. 

 

-

 

It was 8am, Eunki sat in his rollcall class messing around with his teammates and best friends, Kenta and Insoo. "I'm telling you, I saw it!" Insoo exclaimed. 

"And I'm telling you, I'm not believing another of your fake rumours. Maybe start putting more effort into basketball rather then gossip and we'd win a few more games this season." Kenta flicked Insoo's forehead, smirking. Insoo was about to bite back when their teacher, Kahi , walked in. 

 

"Good Morning class and welcome back to another great semester. Before I go on, we have a transfer student from China." On cue, a tall aurburn haired boy made his way in. 

"Hello, I'm Jung Jung." He smiled brightly, eyes searching the sea of classmates before landing on the blond in the back row.  

 

Their eyes met and it took everything in Eunki's being not to jump up and call out to Jung Jung, his heart started pounding, excitement flowing through him. Kahi instructed Jung Jung to sit in the empty seat in front of Eunki, but just as Eunki went to tap on the boys shoulder Kahi called out, "Leave conversation to your own time Mr. Hong".

Jung Jung peeked behind him and giggled softly at the other, Eunki’s face going bright red, shoving his face in his hands in hope to hide.  He'd have to wait till the bell. 

 

And wait he did, Eunki swore this was the longest rollcall of his life, staring at the clock practically begging with his eyes for it to move faster, however it did the opposite (well, not really, but goddamn did it feel like it).

 

When the bell finally blessed the students to leave Eunki jumped out of his seat so fast the seat skidded into the back wall, startling those surrounding him, including the auburn boy himself. 

"Hi" Eunki glanced to the chair then to the boy, and laughed awkwardly. 

JungJungs startled expression quickly changed as his whole face lit up, and soon was bending over laughing. Eunki pouted, sulking about it "not being that funny". 

 

Once JungJung was finally able to calm his laughter he lifted his head, a smile Eunki swore could create world peace, and let out a soft “Hi”. 

 

“What happened to going back to China?” 

 

“I got a transfer position! So I get to stay here for high school.” Jungjung replied, pure enjoyment and excitement expressed on his facial features, “I didn’t know you went here! But, that night, I haven’t stopped thinking about it...I’m so happy you’re here.” 

 

“Me too.” Eunki was leading the two through the hallways, however leading may be the wrong terminology as he was too entranced by JungJung to even notice where they were. That was until the pure ray of sunshine next to him suddenly stopped in his tracks, staring at a sign up sheet. 

Eunki looked it over, “Ah, the school performance. You thinking of signing up? I’m sure you’d get casted for lead dance, with your skills.” 

 

“You too, but, I can’t. If I get behind on my studies I could lose my position here...” JungJung trailed off, disappointment apparent in his voice. As Eunki went to comfort him, a familiar loud voice interrupted him. 

 

“Transfer, looking at signing up to my show?” The boy said, a smile, quite obviously fake, spread across his face as he gave the auburn boy a one over before turning to practically cover the sign up sheet with his name ‘Yoon Jisung’. Another boy next to him following to write his own, ‘Kang Daniel’, slightly smaller underneath the others. “Yoon Jisung, and my brother; Kang Daniel. Drama club president, nice to meet you”, The fake smile grew wider as he stretched his arm to shake JungJung hand, face scrunching up after retracting from the handshake. 

“Princess doesn’t want to touch the commoners hand, how kind of you to do so anyway.” Eunki, whose presence had been overshadowed till this moment, commented. Jisung’s face suddenly went red, finally noticing the basketball captain. “Hong Eunki!  Are you also signing up? Oh my God!” He made a clap of fake enjoyment, “Do sign up, our show could always use some extras, or even stage help!” 

 

Eunki mirrored the fake smile, “I’ll stick to basketball I think. Good luck on auditions, Jisung.” 

 

Jisung frowned, “Good Luck? You know I’ll do well, come watch if u can Eunki, you are my good luck charm.” Suddenly the smile dropped as he looked to his brother, “Niel, let’s go.” He flicked his hair, glaring slightly at JungJung, and continue down the hallway. Daniel smiled apologetically, however, said nothing and followed after his brother. 

 

“What was that about? Are you two...dating?” JungJung eyebrows raised in genuine questioning.

 

“Don’t even joke. He flirts all the time, but I’d never. Yoon Jisung is a dramatic princess, don’t pay attention to him. He and Daniel practically own anything performance in this school.” 

 

“Oh...” JungJung looked back to the sign up sheet, practically studying the pen lines of Jisungs signature. “If we have time, let’s watch their audition?” 

 

Eunki laughed, “maybe, anyway, let’s go. I’ll show you where you’re next class is”