One.

Physical Therapist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Next is Mark Tuan. He appears to have sprained his ankle from one of his performances.”

 

Soori nodded as she took note of the upcoming patient.

 

She had been a student helper for the past three months and she discovered it wasn’t uncommon to have idols going to their hospital for treatment. At first, she was dumbfounded when she found members of VIXX, Super Junior, Sistar, and other famous idol groups in the office; however, she’s grown used to seeing famous idols and they no longer astonished her.

 

When Mark had walked in, Soori was busy on her phone, noticing that she had received a text from her mother. She had to leave early if it was possible to help set up for her brother’s birthday party.

 

“Sunbae, I need to leave early. After this patient, may I take my break for today?” she asked her mentor, who just nodded to Soori’s request.

 

Mark took notice of the young girl; he wasn’t exactly expecting to see a girl of his age at the physical therapist’s office. He carefully examined her, praying that she wouldn’t be a stereotypical fangirl; although, a part of him almost hoped that she was at least a fangirl who could control herself.

 

Once Soori looked up and caught Mark’s eye, he immediately flashed a dazzling smile meant to set her cheeks on fire. Instead, she just rolled her eyes and shifted in her seat, crossing her legs as she prepared one of her worksheets that she was supposed to be filling out.

 

“Hello, Mr. Tuan. I hear you sprained your ankle?” the doctor started out while examining Mark’s ankle.

 

“Yes ma’am. The doctors said it’s nothing too serious, but I should visit a physical therapist before I set out on stage again,” he replied politely while glancing over at Soori every once in a while.

 

The doctor nodded understandingly as she looked through the X-Ray files that she had received from Mark’s manager. A low whistle escaped her lips and she nodded before looking back at him. “Well, the injury certainly doesn’t look serious, but if not treated correctly you may have to give up your martial arts tricking.” Mark’s eyes widened at that and he felt like his world stopped. Martial arts tricking was his talent that defined him and GOT7 as a group.

 

“Don’t worry,” the doctor chuckled as she took note of Mark’s sudden panic, “you came to us physical therapists so that wouldn’t happen. First, since most idols seem to neglect their treatment programs at home, you’ll have to make sure you come back here every day so we can give you special treatments. However, for tonight you’ll have to spend the next day or two days here to rest your ankle.”

 

Soori got up and grabbed the elastic bandage as well as a pillow, immediately she got to work wrapping Mark’s sprained ankle before resting it on top of the pillow. Mark couldn’t help but praise how diligently and accurately Soori worked. After setting it on a pillow, Soori grabbed an ice pack to gently rest on top of his injury. The sudden coolness made Mark wince, which also caused Soori to flinch as she immediately looked up to see if Mark was okay. He bit his bottom lip and gave a small nod, allowing Soori to gently rest the ice pack on his ankle.

 

Once that was done, the therapist continued on what she suggested for Mark. “The ice pack will be on your ankle for ten minutes for the next couple days. Following that, you should be able to walk around with only a very slight limp. I’ll have Soori accompany you to walk around the hospital so she can take any note of your ankle getting better or worse. This treatment typically should only take a week; if it takes longer we may have to get a closer look at your ankle.”

 

Mark nodded and bowed his head respectfully, “Thank you.”

 

“Alright, Soori, keep watch on Mark until you have to take the ice pack off. I need to continue on to my next patient.” Soori nodded obediently and bowed to the therapist before she left the room.

 

Soori and Mark made eye contact again, before Soori went back to filling out her worksheets.

 

“How’s your ankle?” she asked, making light conversation as she was writing.

 

“It hurts… But not as bad as it did when I sprained it,” Mark answered.

 

“I see… That’s good.”

 

He waited patiently, hoping that Soori would continue the conversation. When she didn’t, he cleared his throat awkwardly and straightened up a little, “So… Are you a fan of GOT7?”

 

Soori glanced up at Mark and rolled her eyes again, a soft sigh escaping her lips, “You could say that.”

 

“Really? You seem rather calm to be in the same room as me though.”

 

“Oh, you’re a conceited one.”

 

“I didn’t mean it like that.”

 

She nodded and sat up straight, looking back at Mark, “Quite frankly, a lot of idols have come here in the past three months I’ve been working in this hospital. So… I guess you guys don’t really have an effect on me anymore.”

 

“Not even if it was your bias??”

 

“Not even if it was my bias.”

 

“Wow. I’m an idol and even I freak out when I meet other idols.”

 

“That’s a very interesting fact I needed to know,” Soori spoke sarcastically.

 

Mark cleared his throat again, surprised at Soori’s manners. “Um… Do you always act this hostile to your patients?”

 

“Normally, no. To idols, for the most part, yes.”

 

“May I ask why?”

 

“Because in my head, there are only two types of idols. Idols who care too much for themselves, or an idol who cares too much for their fans. Either one, is rather exhausting to work with.”

 

Mark raised both his eyebrows at this. With every sentence, he found Soori even more interesting. He didn’t expect her to be so straightforward and blunt. At first glance, one would think she was a typical shy and modest girl.

 

“And which category am I under?”

 

“I don’t know yet. I haven’t talked to you long enough to figure that out.”

 

“How are those idols exhausting to work with? I mean those who care too much for themselves is understandable, but how is it hard working with idols who care too much for their fans?” he asked, genuinely confused.

 

“Goodness you ask a lot of questions,” Soori sighed, “It’s because the idols who care too much for their fans are too eager to get out of the hospital. They risk everything to be able to be back out there and performing for the fans. Honestly, we could wait forever for an idol to recover, we want you guys happy. But, some idols fail to see that and try to speed up their medications. It’s harmful for them and keeps them in the hospital even longer than they’re supposed to.”

 

“Oh…” Mark nodded before resting back against the bed. Soori eyed him carefully before blurting out her thoughts.

 

“You don’t seem to follow either category.”

 

“Does that mean I’m the first idol you’ve met that you like?” he chuckled.

 

“Watch your words, I might just categorize you into someone who thinks too much about himself,” Soori warned.

 

Mark just laughed silently and continued to . At first, Soori was annoyed because she had to finish her worksheets, but she soon found herself smiling along with him. However, she knew he was an idol, and she was just an assistant for a physical therapist. She forced herself to continue having a cold front with him so that she wouldn’t get feelings for him.

 

Once the ten minutes were up, Soori stood up and removed the ice pack. “Well, I’ll be on my way now. If you need anything, there’s a button on your left that’ll call for someone to check on you. Otherwise, you have your phone, an outlet on your right when you need to charge, and a TV. The wifi should be on the remote if you don’t want to use your data.”

 

“Alright. Will I be seeing you again tomorrow?”

 

“I believe it’s my job to watc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter