Please Stop The Time

Time Halt

Sana is asked to be a temporary model for art course. Her cute and y appearance really make the art students get overly excited whenever Sana comes there. Some asked her out but she keep rejecting them politely, other giving her secret confession by love letters. Sana likes being the center of attention, she loves it when people keep being near her and praise her beauty.

She is posing quietly while everyone in the room keep mumbling, probably talking about her beauty but there is someone who isn't even looking at her while doing her sketchs.

Sana glance at the girl who sit near the window, she keep looking to the window while doing her sketch. Sana pouts unconsciously as she realize the girl has no interest with her at all. The students start making sound as they see Sana cute pout that close. For art students, Sana is like a goddess that they worship 24/7. Every little thing Sana does just make the crowd go wild, both boys and girls.

****

The time for drawing sketch lesson is ended an hour ago. People tries hard to get close with Sana that they just listen whatever she said.

"Sana chan, do you need water? Are you hungry?"

"Sana shi, do you want me to massage your back. It must be hard to pose that long"

"Sana, wanna go watching the new movie? I heard you wish you can go to the cinema during your break time"

Sana moves her hair to the side before she talks, she look at them and apologize quickly.

"Mianhae, can i get alone time with the short girl there?"

Chaeyoung glares as she heard Sana talk about her, she's the only one who is short on the art class so she knew it was her that Sana talking about.

The students quickly go out of the class and let Sana approach Chaeyoung.

"What is your name?"

"Why do you need to know my name?"

"Just so i can put it on my cursed voodoo doll, hahaha, just joking"

"Ha! Funny"

"You're quite daring i see"

"Why are you here?"

"Huh?"

Sana look clueless when Chaeyoung ask her a simple question. She rub her own nape before she speak.

"None of your business, shortie"

"Then you don't need to know my name. Fair, right? Good day, ms. Minatozaki"

Chaeyoung bow slightly as she bring all her stuffs and goes out of the room. Sana bites her own lips and look at her own hands sadly.

No one knows the truth is Sana love painting, she just can't do it any longer for the reason that she only knew. She glance at her own appearance through the glass window, she look around the room before she goes out.

****

"Sana chan"

"Momoring, Minari, why are you two here?"

"We're going to go shopping, wanna come with us?"

"Sure, i have nothing else to do anyway"

"How is modelling, Mina?"

"It's tiring, being a fashion magazine model requires a lot of things. I wanna escape from the routine for a while"

"She really went through a lot, she got skinny in just a month"

"Yah, did Jeongyeon do nothing? She let her girl starving?"

"I'm not starving Sana, i'm on a diet"

"Momoring, let make this girl gain weight again today"

"Hahaha, i'm glad you think the same"

Momo hi-five with Sana as they both drag Mina to the fastfood franchise nearby though Mina keep on resisting.

"G...girls, don't do this to me. I need to stay in fit"

"Oh, come on Minari. Forget your diet today and just have fun with us"

Sana smile for the first time today, having best friends around is surely helping her to be at ease.

****

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5"

"Yah, what are you doing on that rooftop wall? Get back here, it's dangerous walking on that old wall"

Sana shout to Chaeyoung who walking around freely while listening to the loud music on her earphone. Sana quickly pull her hand, causing Chaeyoung fall on top of her. Their head are bumping into each other, so they both hiss in unison.

"Ouch"

"Hing"

Chaeyoung glare at Sana before she move to the side and sit down. Sana pat her own forehead before she sit next to Chaeyoung.

"Son Chaeyoung, are you crazy? Do you wanna die that much?"

"What are you saying? I was looking for an inspiration before you came out and ruined it. I'm not planning to suicide, this rooftop has safety nets all over. I won't fall down that easily"

"Still, it's so dangerous. Why are you doing the extreme?"

"It's none of your business"

"You're so annoying"

"I know that"

"Good that you know that you're being such a pain"

"At least i'm not faking anything"

"What do you mea-, are you dissing me?"

"I didn't, unless it's true"

Sana feel her inside boiling with rage, she hold Chaeyoung's collar shirt but quickly move her hands back. Sana bites her lips as she tries not to show any pain in front of Chaeyoung.

"You're such a jerk"

Sana turn her head away, she really is upset but suddenly she feel something on her hand so she glance at it. Chaeyoung massages her palm, quietly.

"Why?"

"Huh?"

"How dare you touch my hand?"

Sana tries to take her hand away but Chaeyoung hold it firm.

"Stop moving, your hand will get worse if you let this untreated"

"It's already worse tho"

"Sana, do you like painting?"

"No, i hate it with passion"

"What a bad liar!"

Chaeyoung chuckles softly, Sana feel more upset so she stand up and quickly leave out of the rooftop.

****

Chaeyoung look up to the sky, it's too bright for her eyes but she smile.

"What an interesting girl!"

Chaeyoung start sketching silently while looking at the view from the rooftop wall.

"As expected, i can't draw something shiny"

Chaeyoung scribbles on her own sketch and sigh slowly.

****

Momo cuddles with Nayeon on the couch when Sana come home, they greet her but Sana walk quickly to her own room without even greet them back.

"What's with her, Momo?"

"I dunno, she was okay this morning tho"

"Should we talk to her?"

"Not now, she will probably need alone time for a while"

"Woah, Momo"

"What?"

"I dunno you can talk all mature like that?"

"Woah, are you dissing your own girlfriend?"

"Hahaha, sorry i'm just joking Momoring"

Sana keep tossing and turning on her sleep, someone annoyed her and she even appear in her dream. She jump in shock, completely wide awake as she glance at the clock. It's 3 a.m and she can't go back to sleep.

Sana read fashion magazine where Mina in it, she smile slightly as she read an interview about Mina that keep talking about the j-line.

"You should mention other besides us, you silly. Uh, i guess i'm the one who is being silly here for introducing you to the girl that take you away from me"

Sana smile bitterly, she tries to sleep again as she cover herself fully under the blanket.

****

Chaeyoung and Sana meet, this time they just accidentally meet on the park. Sana plan to pass her by and pretend they don't know each other but Chaeyoung hold her hand and drag her to the bench.

"What is it now, Son Chaeyoung?"

"Let me draw you"

"What?"

"I like this expression better"

"Huh?"

"Your annoyed face, i think i can draw that"

"Excuse me?!"

"Yeah, like that. I like your angry face. Stay like that until i finish my sketch"

Chaeyoung draw a rough sketch of Sana glaring at her, she keep smiling that her dimples are shown clearly. Sana frown when Chaeyoung finished her sketch and thank her.

"Thank you, that surely help me"

"What?"

"I'm going home now, see you later"

"Wait"

"Why?"

Chaeyoung turn around, she's about to go home but Sana stop her right away.

"Why did you draw me just now?"

"Because it's your honest facial expression, i like it better than the one you showed on the class"

"Huh?"

Sana look at her blankly, Chaeyoung give her strawberry candy before she leave her alone. Sana look at her hand, she can see the scar from surgery but it's not the one that caught her attention, it's the strawberry candy on her palm that is covering her old scar.

"She's a weirdo, that Son Chaeyoung"

Sana giggles softly as shr eat the candy on the way to go home. She meet Mina and Jeongyeon who are holding hands and talking cutely to each other, Sana purposely walking pass by them and break their holding hand.

"Gosh, you two just get a room already"

"Sanaaa"

Mina blushes as she glance at Jeongyeon who is laughing out loud.

****

Chaeyoung keep giving Sana strawberry candy everytime they finished the sketching course, Sana take it and laugh. They slowly get closer for some weird reason, Sana made promise with Chaeyoung to let her draw her when Sana is in a bad mood.

"Lately you've been too cheerful, i can't draw your sketch at all"

"You're so strange Chaeyoung, why you only draw me when i'm not on my best state?"

"I'm not sure either"

Chaeyoung shrugs as they both walk to the bench park. Sana sit and hum her favorite song, Chaeyoung doesn't talk at all. Sana glance at her and nudge her arm.

"Are you single?"

"Why are you suddenly ask me that?"

"Do you wanna date me?"

"What are you saying?"

"Maybe i can be happier, if i'm with you Chaeyoung"

"Don't say such thing to me, feeling is not a bet. Don't confess if you're not even certain with yoyr own heart"

"Wow, Chaeyoung. You surely an artist but i don't know you can be poetic too?"

Sana laugh but Chaeyoung just look at her seriously, Sana quickly apologize.

"Sorry"

"That scar, it's not only affect your life but also your feeling. I bet it's hard"

"Huh?"

"That Sunflower Dies, your last painting, i like that, M. Tozaki sunbaenim"

"You knew me?!"

"That M, is that for Mina? You're such a hopeless romantic i see"

Chaeyoung smile slightly, Sana gasp as she suddenly stand up and look at her in disbelief. Chaeyoung take Sana's hand and kiss her palm where the scar is.

"It's time for the sunflower to die, you really need to let go before you can move on to be something better than just a sunflower, Sana"

Chaeyoung bow down politely before leaving her who is still in shock.

Sana really loves painting, she also loves Mina, so she use that to paint all her feelings on the canvas. The last thing she painted is her crushed heart, for someone who failed to see all her efforts. That's why she named it That Sunflower Dies.

****

Sana is no longer be a model for art students, she prefer doing her hobby lately. Sight seeing and taking photos about nature, she keep going to the new places and even having conversation to complete stranger. She loves her new hobby and that's all that matter now.

"Sana chan"

"Hello, Momoring"

"Yah, how cone you didn't bring anything from Jeju do?"

"Momo, all you can think of is only food. Let Sana rest"

Nayeon scolds Momo in front of Sana, Sana just giggles and gives her the food she bought from Jeju.

"Where is Mina? Why she isn't here to pick me up?"

"As usual, another photoshoot"

"Wow, she's so heartless"

Sana pretend to cry, Momo just laugh and hug her as she tries to soothe Sana.

"Someone asked me to give you this letter. Seriously, it's so old fashion but at the same time it's also romantic. Don't you think so, Sana?"

Nayeon give her an envelope, Sana read the sender name, Son Chaeyoung. She quickly open it and read it. Her letter is too short, Sana feel a bit disappointed with that.

"Who the heck only write a sentence? This girl, really got on my nerve. Where is she now?"

"On the parking lot, waiting for you nervously"

Nayeon tease Sana who is sulking, she leave quickly to the parking lot.

"Yah, at least give me 5 sentences or a paragraph. What kind of letter is this? 'My answer is yes', what is that mean? I thought you will be more poetic after i left for several months, Son Cha-"

Sana can't say anything, Chaeyoung is already claiming her lips. She keep blinking, it took 10 seconds for Sana to kiss her back.

****

The End

 

P.s. this is supposed to be rom-com but i think i end up being too serious while wrote this so it's kinda.. XD

Anyway, thanks for comments and subscribes. Have a nice day