Formatting

How to Actually Write Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For this chapter, we’ll be discussing how you should properly format your stories. And while this is usually not something that I should discuss under the topic of teaching you guys writing, I feel like this is something important that I should tackle.

We are fanfiction writers on this website and while we are free to do whatever the hell we want, we should draw a line when it comes to formatting our stories.

I mean, think about it, have you ever read a book with three-thousand colors on each word?! Have you ever read a book in which the words are dancing at different font sizes? No, right?

Font size

 

The ideal font size is 12 or 14. Anything beyond that is ridiculous. If your reader ever gets difficulty reading your story, there is always the font size adjuster button that should help them. You don’t need to put your font size on a whopping 48 – that’s just ridiculous.

 

Font

 

Keep the fonts readable. As a graphic artist, I’ve learned that different font families have different use. That is, Times New Roman used for academic writing while Comic Sans are used for comics. Since we are writing stories, anything of the default MS Word font should be fine (i.e. Calibri, Georgi, Times New Roman).

 

Colors

 

Only one color should be used. That’s the maximum. And while this is not a writing rule (there are no rules in writing), that’s the unspoken rule everyone should be aware of. You’re not fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter