As Sweet as Honey

As Sweet as Honey

“Have a good night, everyone.” Hoseok says to the camera. “I hope you'll get great skin.”


“Yes. Cosmetics, cosmetics,” supplies Yoongi. “Honey skin care, please.”

 

Hoseok smiles. “Shall we close the door, hyung?”


Yoongi counts off, “One, two, three,” and they both close the door.


“Honey skin care!” Yoongi turns the V Live off.

 

Hoseok shoots up from his seat on the couch, stretching his arms wide and open as he yawns. “That was a first.” He laughs loudly as he turns to speak to Yoongi. “It was fun, hyung.”

 

Yoongi nods in agreement, “It was.”

 

They pick up the used face masks, silence occupying the room, and throw them away. Hoseok checks the time. It is 12:17 am, and somehow looking at the clock makes him feel more exhausted.

 

He puts aside his skincare kit and when he looks up from ensuring everything’s in there and it’s zipped close, he finds Yoongi staring at him. While his facial expression is unreadable, Hoseok finds his hyung cute. His uncombed hair is sticking out in different directions, and he looks tired, but when he looks at Hoseok he gives off a different kind of energy. It’s this energy that intrigues Hoseok and, inevitably, just makes him want Yoongi more.

 

“I love you, Hobi.”

 

It catches Hoseok off-guard. His lips shape into an ‘o’ and the tips of ears flare up. He refuses to hide his grin – the one that can pretty much rival a thousand suns – and walks up to the other man whose intense stare wants him to summon all the flowers in the world to bloom.

 

It’s times like this, moments like this, that Hoseok treasures. A sudden confession, a casual reminder, those four words that eclipse a world of exhaustion and lethargy and instead shine a light of hope and love on him. It’s the colorful surprises in an otherwise black and white world that recharge Hoseok.

 

This is why he’s everyone’s hope in the first place. You can only be so much, but with Yoongi and his love, he feels unstoppably powerful.

 

He lassoes Yoongi in a tight hug, right hand rubbing up and down his broad back and the other coming up to the tufts of hair on his nape. He pecks him on the cheek, once, twice, and pulls back just enough to scan Yoongi’s face. In Hoseok’s arms, Yoongi looks ethereal. Soft features tug on Hoseok’s heart strings, and with an equally soft smile, glossy lips that shine in the hotel room light and eyes that twinkle ever so slightly, he thinks Yoongi has never been more beautiful.

 

“I love you,” Hoseok says back. He’s leaning in when Yoongi halts his movements.

 

“Wait,” Yoongi says as he drapes himself on the couch, his head cushioned on one arm and feet propped up on the other end. He runs a hand through his damp hair and closes his eyes.

 

Hoseok just stands there until Yoongi opens his eyes to look at him and says, “Come here.”

 

“Uh, you mean,” Hoseok replies. He looks left and right, to the chair and tables at the far right, to the space Yoongi has occupied on the couch. “Like, on top of you or—”

 

“Hobi.” Yoongi fixes him with a look that says, The ? “Where else?”

 

Hoseok giggles, hand darting to his nape in embarrassment. He feels high, and hot, and with the way Yoongi’s looking at him now – hooded eyes, lips slightly parted, hair begging to have fingers threaded through it – uncharacteristically shy.

 

“Seok-seok, I’m dying here.”

 

“Um. Hyung, why not the bed?”

 

Yoongi pouts as if to say, Why not? “I want you here.”

 

Of course, why not.

 

And so without further ado, Hoseok climbs on top of Yoongi. He positions himself as not to poke Yoongi in the ribs and vice versa, and it takes a while, but there’s luckily enough space for Hoseok to straddle him.

 

Their crotches brush. Oh wow , Hoseok thinks, followed by a Calm down, Hoseok. That’s dangerous.

 

“It’s suddenly hot in here, don’t you think?” Hoseok laughs awkwardly, peering down at the man underneath him with long eyelashes.

 

Yoongi brushes away the strands of hair that fall in Hoseok’s eyes. “Kiss me,” he asks of the younger of the two, face devoid of emotion but eyes bright with burning embers in the dim light of their hotel room. This sends a jolt down Hoseok’s spine. The vibration of Yoongi’s voice in his chest spreads to Hoseok’s with the little space they have between them. Needless to say, Hoseok is pleasantly surprised.

 

He his lips just once, nods, and goes for it.

 

They start off very gentle. Hoseok holds Yoongi’s face in his hands, thumbs tracing circles on Yoongi’s rosy cheeks. Their lips slide against each other, a shy preview of what more they can do, and Hoseok breathes Yoongi in like he’s the refreshing air on a mountaintop.

 

Yoongi slides his tongue across Hoseok’s upper lip, and Hoseok can’t help the moan that escapes him. “Yoongi-hyung,” he breathes, fingers curling around strands of hair. The older of the two moans into his mouth, as if to convey the message that It’s okay, hyung’s got you.

 

Yoongi’s arms encircle him, softly caressing his shoulders, smoothing the planes of his back. And Hoseok’s never felt so safe and precarious at the same time. “Hobi,” Yoongi whispers in that raspy voice of his, eliciting a shiver from the other.

 

“You’re so… demonstrative tonight,” Hoseok points out, peppering kisses down Yoongi’s throat as he lovingly massages his scalp. He makes sure Yoongi feels the smirk against his skin.

 

Yoongi groans, and the vibration it causes against Hoseok’s lips has a certain part of Hoseok’s body stirring. “Can’t I be?” Yoongi murmurs back.

 

“No, no, I like it,” Hoseok says in response, kissing his Adam’s apple. Yoongi’s hands travel back and forth the small of Hoseok’s back to his nape. “Love it actually,” he adds.

 

They resume kissing. The sound of their lips smacking against each other, the smooth feel of Yoongi’s delectable lips, the strong, dexterous hands that feel him up, the purring sounds that Yoongi starts to make – Hoseok wants to bottle it all up and save them for a rainy day, bury it in the back of his mind so he can dig the memory up whenever he wants to. But then he knows Yoongi will be there. Always.

 

Yoongi starts talking in between their kisses, seemingly half-asleep but happy; Hoseok can still taste his smile on his tongue. “I have a question.”

 

“Shoot.” Hoseok cups Yoongi’s face in his hands. The world, fragile and yet strong in his hold. He dives in for one more kiss.

 

“Did I really look cute in that face mask?”

 

Hoseok nestles his head in the crook of Yoongi’s neck, attempting to muffle the laughter that’s bubbling up in him. But he can’t help it, and so his laughter rises up and up until Yoongi is laughing along and pushing him back to see his face, eyes crinkling and mouth forming words he can’t exactly put together because both of them can’t stop shaking from happiness. “Why?” And yet his hyung still has to ask.

 

Looking down at his boyfriend, Hoseok feels his heart flutter in its cage. His answer: “You always look cute, Yoongi-hyung.

 

“You’re cuteness personified!”

 

Just then, Hoseok shifts on top of Yoongi, and well, madness ensues.

 

Yoongi practically – lovingly , he’ll argue later when the topic of collateral damage comes up shoves Hoseok off of him and jumps into the shower. “I need to cool off,” Yoongi excuses in speech that can contend for his rap in Triptych part two.

 

Hoseok falls to the carpeted floor, landing on his bottom. Mouth gaping in shock, Hoseok stares at the bathroom door. “But you just put on a face mask!”

 

Silence ensues, until Hoseok calls him from the floor, putting forth a proposal that they both can surely benefit from.

 

“May I join you?”