final

Way Back Home

"Hey."

Yeri felt a hand on her shoulder and looked up, surprised to see her girlfriend. She stood to meet her eyes better, recognizing the sly smile curled along Saeron’s lips.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" She asked.

Her girlfriend made a pouty face, lips quick to curve downwards.

"Do you not want me here?"

Yeri shook her head, waving her hands, frantic to ease the sadness beginning to paint across Saeron’s eyes.

"I didn't mean that, I was just surprised to see you here.” Yeri grasped Saeron’s arm, squeezing gently. “I thought you had drama filming today?"

Saeron nodded, lowering her head, kicking at air – her hands curled behind her. She shrugged a little, teetering on the balls of her feet.

"I do, but I did my best to finish it as fast as I could so I could visit you…"

Yeri pretended not to feel the blush slowly creeping its way up her neck, attempting to scrawl all over her cheeks. She bumped Saeron’s shoulder, hoping it’d ease the tiny bits of embarrassment and giddy glee coiling its way up her chest.

"You should've just went home and rest! You have another filming tomorrow, anyway."

Saeron scratched at her cheek.

"But I wanted to see you and support you..."

Yeri found it difficult to ignore the disappointment written on Saeron’s face, how her brows furrow, the skin between them crinkling up.

She nudged Saeron’s elbow, eager to wipe that expression off.

"…What did I do to deserve someone like you?"

Saeron rolled her eyes, a small smile writing along her lips.

"Geez, now you say that. If you don't want to see me, then I'll just take my leave—"

Yeri didn’t allow Saeron to finish, cutting her off with a secure grip, holding her close.

"Don't go. I'm sorry~"

Yeri could hear Saeron scoff, as if she was annoyed, before her arms began to wrap around her, returning her embrace.

"…You know I can't be mad at you." She giggled, nuzzling Saeron’s shoulder.

"I know. Thanks for coming.” Yeri pulled back, just enough to see the happiness in Saeron’s eyes. “I'm so nervous... What if I mess up?"

Yeri could feel Saeron rub her back, cooing into her ear.

"Don't worry too much. You'll do great. You practiced a lot, right?" Saeron said, breaking the hug before taking Yeri's hand.

Yeri nodded, glancing every once in a while towards her girlfriend whenever she wasn’t looking. She thought to herself, "Man, what did I do in my past life to be so lucky in this one?"

They talked about anything and everything; Saeron gave advice on acting and a few helpful tips to calm her nerves. Yeri thought she was slowly doing better, feeling the jitters gradually fade off her bones, until a staff member came and told Yeri it was time to start shooting.

Yeri's hands began to shake, her nerves returning. Saeron must’ve felt it, because the next thing she knew, Saeron squeezed their hands together.

"It's okay, you'll do great. I'll be behind the camera to support you, okay?"

Yeri beamed.

"Okay." Yeri glanced around, spotting a staff member. "Hey, can you give me a minute? I'll head out soon. I just want to do something first.”

When Yeri caught the staff nod, leaving the two of them alone, she wasn’t surprised to hear Saeron grow curious.

She expected Saeron’s question.

"Why didn’t—"

Yeri couldn’t wait to hear the rest anymore, leaning in, sealing her lips. She could feel Saeron’s surprise melt against her, before she finally began to respond, tugging her closer. Yeri made sure to memorize the way Saeron’s smile felt against her own, before stepping back, the touch of Saeron’s lips lingering on .

It was all she needed.

"Now I'm ready for work!"

Suddenly, Yeri couldn’t find it all that hard to get through the day, sending Saeron a playful wink before finally exiting the waiting room.

Pausing right in front of the set, Yeri took a few slow breaths in, feeling Saeron’s gaze never leaving her back. She felt Saeron’s support wash over her, easing the weights on her shoulders and the nervous grip around her chest.

Breathing in one more time, the jitters loosening their clutch along her fingertips, Yeri took a step forward.

She can do this.

 

--

VOILÀ! So...what do you guys think? Should I keep writing or should I just dig a hole and disappear forever? >_<

Thanks to @scarletstring for editing the whole thing for me. YOU ARE THE BEST ASDFGHNM <3