Line Up, Ladies

I'm Actually... Flattered

I sat in my place in the classroom, observing the colorful but foreign surroundings. It was still early in the morning so there were no students in the room except for me. Being my first day here I didn't want to screw up so I showed up early, too early. I sat in silence, not knowing what do fill up the spare time I had, letting it slip way slowly while I was occupied with my thoughts.

Trying to let you know
Sending you a sign, sending a signal
I must let you know
Sending you a sign, sending a signal

Soon I started to hear chats and laughter ringing through the hallways outside. From the high pitched voices I deduced that they were girls, a lot of girls. I adjusted my uniform, fixing the grey tie around my neck and straightening out the dark blue skirt. Some of them could be my classmates and I didn't want to embarrass myself.

Sending you a sign, sending a signal
Sending you a sign, sending a signal
Sending you a sign, sending a signal
I must let you know

The voices got louder and louder as they approached the class. I heard gossips thrown around between them as I tried to make out what they were saying. Out of curiosity I turned my head to the side to face the window to see the commotion, only to put myself in shock seeing so many girls outside.

Good thing I'm very good at hiding my emotions. I was jumping up and down inside but my poker face was not budging. The girls were dressed in uniforms like me, and to tell the truth, they were really stunning and cute.

All eyes were on me, trying to grab my attention like it was the end of the world. Most of them had their thumbs and index fingers crossed, sending finger hearts at me. Two of them with short brown hair and dirty blonde locks were jumping up and down, doing various gestures at me. I only turned away after having my eyes locked on them for a while, too shy to do anything.

Sending you a sign, sending a signal
But it won’t go through

It wasn't long before a girl rushed in with inhuman speed. I wasn't very shocked, people here have their own different and unique abilities. She leaned on my table to say hello. She was stunning, dark shoulder length hair, long legs and a well sculpted face. "Hello there, you can call me Momo~" We locked gazes for a minute as she effortlessly showed herself off in front of me. I managed to keep my expressions under wraps, my lips still pulled in a line.

Giving you a look, trying to make you notice
But you don’t get it
I’m so frustrated, going crazy
I don’t know why this is happening
I’ll gather up my strength once more and
Send you a sign, send a signal

Soon I heard someone sitting next to me before a voice introduced herself as Mina. I turned to face the girl, taking in her features. Her face was slim, framed by her black hair as she spoke with her enchanting voice. She was waving her hands in front of me, as if she was trying to put a spell on me. Her effort ended in vain because I reflected back her waves and made her dizzy.

My looks, my gestures, all my facial expressions
There’s no use, nothing works

I got up from my seat, trying to leave the awkward situation both girls put me in. My hand reached for the door handle, only to be stopped when a girl with short blonde locks showed up on the other side, making silly faces at me. "Jeongyeon! Jeongyeon!" The girls outside called for her. I immediately changed my path and headed back to my seat instead. "Wait come back!" She pleaded helplessly.

You have no tact at all
How much more can I express my feelings?

Momo and Mina were still hanging around when I returned to my seat. This time another girl was seated beside me. She had a small face, her short brown hair pinned back by a peach hairpin. She waved her left hand followed by her right, the drawers behind her opening and out flew some chocolate. "The name's Chaeyoung~" After giving me the sweetest smile she could pull she made a gesture with her hands again, making the chocolate land on the table in front of me, arranging themselves neatly in the shape of a heart.

From some point, I started liking you
You fool
Why don’t you know my heart?

My heart was tugged up and down, why are these girls courting me? They all look like angels straight down from heaven while I'm just a speck of dust. Embarrassed, I quickly got up from my chair and went out from the other door where Jeongyeon was not in the way, escaping the "torment" while still keeping my face blank and indifferent. I say a prayer to whoever was listening and thanked that I was born with the ability to keep my true feelings hidden well.

I was greeted by another girl outside. She was sitting in a little pink car, her straight hair dark and long, giving her an elegant vibe while her blue eyes pierced through my soul. "The name's Jihyo! Nice to me-" I quickly dashed off before she could finish her sentence, not wanting to stick around to see what she had in store for me.

When are you going to stop being so dumb
And only treat me as a friend?
‘Cause that’s not what I want

I did not get very far when my route was blocked by a pink haired girl. She was adorable, full cheeks and a smile which showed off her white bunny teeth. "Hello! My name is Nayeon!" She greeted me, only to be replied by silence and a straight face. Nayeon's brows furrowed before she raised a pen-like object and flashed it at me. My eyes were blinded by the white light it emitted and before I knew it she had reverted back time. "Hey there! You can call me Nayeon!" No response from me. Nayeon turned back time several times to introduce herself and try to get a reaction out of me but it was fruitless. Before she could try anything else I ran the opposite way.

Sending you a signal, sending a signal
Buzz buzz buzz buzz
I want you, I want you
But why aren’t you reacting?

Class was starting soon, so the only place I had on my mind was the classroom because I don't know the other places of the school at all. My footsteps echoed through the halls as I paced back to the classroom, only to find a brown haired girl standing in front of the door. Oh damn she was really tall. The girls were all taller than me but it seems like she's the tallest. I craned my neck to look up at her. Conversely she craned her neck downwards to meet my gaze. "I'm Tzuyu~" Her lips were tugged into a smile, her hands clasped together in excitement. Tzuyu lifted her right hand to hit me lightly on the shoulder, only for me to be thrown back against the other side of the classroom. I crashed against the wall hard, already feeling bruises form under my skin. Her super strength was amazing, but it did not manage to faze my expression. Not one bit.

Every time we meet, with all my heart
Buzz buzz buzz buzz
I’m waiting, you can see everything
But why don’t you know?

After getting up and brushing myself clean of the debris I decided to head out again for the bathroom to clean myself up. Another girl was standing in front of the bathroom stall. Okay, forget the bathroom. I decided to keep walking until I pass her. She waved at me for a while as I approached her before most of her body disappeared, only her shoulders and above were left floating in mid air. Her invisibility powers were intriguing, but even so I walk by her, giving zero reaction to the girl saying "Hello there! I'm Sana!" while half of her body is missing.

***


It was the weekends, I decided to head downtown to see what's interesting in the city I just moved to. Lights were twinkling everywhere and music was blasting through the speakers. The city was bustling with life.

Trying to let you know
Sending you a sign, sending a signal
I must let you know
Sending you a sign, sending a signal

"Hey there! I'm Dahyun!" A voice sounded behind me. I turned around to see a girl beaming a smile at me. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail while a few strands had escaped the grip to fall around her face. "We go to the same school together!" I hear Dahyun speak her heart out, but I was distracted by what was going on behind her back. One by one the same girl was popping out from everywhere. I deduced that Dahyun has the ability to clone herself. Chaeyoung popped out beside the original Dahyun, sending finger hearts at me while Dahyuns behind her messed around. I fled quickly before the situation could get any weirder.

If I look at you and smile, you should know
I’ve already looked at you and smiled so many times today

I was making my way along the many colorful and bright stores before I heard footsteps and giggles behind me. I turned around to see the familiar faces, all nine girls were following my every step. Jeongyeon, who was at the back, quickly swiped the air with her hand and in an instant everything went still. The girls froze in their path, the only ones breathing were Jeongyeon and I. She quickly made her way towards me, her hands reached to grab me but she stopped in her tracks, frozen in place. I took this as my cue to escape.

If I keep talking to you, you should feel it
I keep staying by your side

I visited a cozy cafe on the second floor of a building. There was a balcony situated outside and I took the opportunity to go out and admire the view of the busy city. I should have known the girls would find me eventually, because Mina was just standing outside, leaning on the rails of the balcony. She waved her hands again, trying to put me under her spell. Hypnosis was her thing, but I turned and fled before it affected me.

From some point, I started liking you
You fool
Why don’t you know my heart?

The girls followed me to and fro. Blank expression hung on my face, I walked as fast as I can across the city, trying to shake them off. I could feel Jihyo's gaze piercing through my back as I paced through the buildings.

When are you going to stop being so dumb
And only treat me as a friend?
‘Cause that’s not what I want

A few flashes of white light were emitted briefly every now and then. Nayeon was trying to turn back time again so they could start all over again. Why are they trying to get my attention? I don't deserve it...

Sending you a signal, sending a signal
Buzz buzz buzz buzz
I want you, I want you
But why aren’t you reacting?

I decided not to go out today, in case I ran into the girls again. They mean well, but I don't deserve their attention, not when they look like angels and have amazing powers. I sat in my new home reading a book, enjoying the sounds of nature. My little house sat on top of a sturdy tree, it was not anything fancy but still hospitable and cozy.

Every time we meet, with all my heart
Buzz buzz buzz buzz
I’m waiting, you can see everything
But why don’t you know?

Soon I started to hear giggles and chatter ring in my ears faintly, the voices were getting louder and louder. I knew those voices, they belonged to those fascinating females. How did they find my house??? They really are relentless with their efforts.

Buzz buzz buzz buzz
Why aren’t you reacting?
Buzz buzz buzz buzz
Why don’t you know?

"Come down here please!!" I heard one of them say.

"We just wanna hang out!" "You seem like a really cool person!"

"Please?" "Why won't you respond?"

"Come on! We won't hurt you!"

Sending you a sign, sending a signal
But it won’t go through
Giving you a look, trying to make you notice
But you don’t get it

I give up.

I put down my book, looking out the window to see the girls pleading with puppy eyes. My blank expression was still plastered on my face, not willing to reveal my feelings just yet. I exited the warmth of my home, slowly and carefully walked down the stairs to the ground. I presented myself in front of the nine girls, their beautiful appearances already starting to overwhelm me.

I’m so frustrated, going crazy
I don’t know why this is happening

"Please go out with me!" "No! Go out with me!" Arguments were thrown here and there. Some of them started debating who should go out with me. I was flattered.

I’ll gather up my strength once more and

"Please stop!" I raised my voice to get their attention. They immediately quieted down, staring at me, anticipating what I have to say. "I'll go out with all of you!"

Sending you a sign, sending a signal

The corners of my lips tugged and I smiled.

 

 

-tws.