Love in Every Knot

Love in Every Knot

"Yebin-ah."

It was instinct. The way Yebin looked in Minkyung's direction and walked over to her to see what she needed was second nature to her. Yebin gave her an inquisitive look, to which Minkyung responded with a small smile. It was a smile that almost seemed sly, but Yebin never noticed. 

Minkyung pointed down. Yebin followed her finger and saw that she was pointing to her untied shoe. There were no words needed. Yebin flashed her a smile and bent down onto one knee with no hesitation to start tying the other's shoe.

Tying Minkyung's shoes was a routine for her. There were times Minkyung would wear an outfit that wouldn't allow her to bend down to tie them herself, so she would ask a member or two who could comfortably bend down to tie them for her. Yebin would get jealous though. Even if she was in charge of tying one shoe while another member was put in charge of the other, she would want to tie them both herself. 

It was cute. Minkyung found it cute how jealous she got at the smallest things. She had half a mind to intentionally choose other members over Yebin just to mess with her, but after a certain point, while stifling a laugh, she ultimately decided to ask only Yebin to complete the task. And now it's gotten to the point where all Minkyung has to do is point her pretty little index finger toward the ground for Yebin to know what she wants her to do.

Minkyung watched with a smile as Yebin started tying her shoe. She gave her a soft pat on the head, causing the smaller of the two to pause briefly as a small but flustered smile grew on her face. Minkyung couldn't see the smile, but she knew it was there. She knew what kind of impact her actions had on the little one.

Yebin resumed tying the other's shoe. Minkyung watched as she was starting to finish up, and just as Yebin was about to tighten the final knot, Minkyung bent down slightly and kissed the top of her head. 

Yebin froze. And she felt like she had been frozen for years.

"A - ah..." she muttered as she somehow managed to finish slowly tightening the knot. Yebin felt warm beyond words; she hoped the redness in her face wasn't embarrassingly obvious. It was.

"Thanks."

That single word was all Minkyung said as she walked off with the most playful smile on her face. But Yebin couldn't see that. She was still in the same kneeling position, her eyes fixated where the shoe she was tying was.

Minkyung was long gone by then, but Yebin still mumured a small "N - no...problem...", never realizing Minkyung had shorts on and could have easily tied them herself.