final

say yes

Eunha looked around nervously as she stood in front of the university gates with a rose in her hand. She checked the time on her watch and fidgeted on her spot when she realized that there were only a few minutes left before her fate for the day was decided.

Sowon would be walking onto campus soon for her first class, and Eunha knew this because she had been waiting every day at the same spot for the older girl since the start of the semester.

Every morning Eunha would prepare something to give to Sowon, and every morning she would go through the rest of her day disappointedly because the older girl would walk away without acknowledging her or the gift.

But the disappointments did not stop Eunha from coming back the next morning because it was love at first sight the moment she saw Sowon, and she was willing to do anything for the girl to say yes to a date.

Pouting her lips as she waited for the girl to arrive, Eunha's eyes brightened when she saw Sowon coming down the street. She held up the rose in her hand and smiled affectionately at the girl.

"Hi, will you go out with me..?"

Eunha stood helplessly on her spot when Sowon passed by her without even a glance. She turned around and sighed as she watched the girl disappeared into one of the school buildings.

---

"Eunha, you seriously need to stop being such a stalker."

"Huh?" Eunha reluctantly looked away from the table across the room and turned her head towards Yuju and SinB as the two girls placed their trays down. "What did you say?"

SinB rolled her eyes at the question, and Yuju let out a soft sigh.

It had become a common occurrence for Eunha to zone out on everything around her when Sowon was around, and it was starting to become a little tiring and very annoying to have to repeat everything they said to the girl.

"Stop being a stalker." SinB repeated as she sat across from Eunha and reached for her fork. "It's getting creepy."

"I'm not really a stalker, am I?" Eunha asked as she looked worriedly at Yuju and SinB.

“Let's see..." Yuju placed her fork down onto her tray and lifted a hand to begin listing off. "One, you wake up early every morning to wait for her in front of the school gate when all of your classes start in the afternoon. Two, you won't let us eat anywhere unless she's in the same dining hall, cafe, or restaurant..."

"Oh, and don't forget how that silly grin forms on her face when she's staring at Sowon in the library." SinB added in. "You're like a erted old man."

"I am not a erted old man!" Eunha shouted in her defense and frowned when Yuju and SinB plainly ignored her protest. She grumbled to herself and scowled as she poked at her lunch bitterly.

"Unnie?”

SinB looked up and smiled when she saw Umji standing next to her table. "Hey!" She greeted as Yuju waved at the younger girl. "What's up?"

"I..." Umji paused as she glanced back at her table and sighed as she reluctantly turned her attention to Eunha. "Eunha unnie?"

Eunha stopped scowling and smiled when she saw Umji sitting down next to her. "Yes, Umji?"

"Can you..." Umji began hesitantly as she looked into Eunha's eyes. "Can you stop stalking Sowon unnie? I don't think I can convince Yerin unnie anymore that you’re not a harmful person."

Eunha's expression froze at Umji's words, and she lowered her head embarrassedly when Yuju and SinB began laughing loudly.

"Sowon unnie thinks it’s kind of creepy." Umji explained carefully. "She didn't know who you were, and I had to assure her that you were a friend and reassure Yerin unnie that you’re not going to do anything wrong to Sowon unnie."

"What do you mean Sowon didn't know who Eunha was?" Yuju stopped laughing and looked over at Eunha confusingly. "Didn't you introduce yourself?"

Eunha looked up hesitantly and shook her head. "I guess I kind of forgot..?"

"How do you forget to introduce yourself?!" SinB scoffed in disbelief and ran a hand through her hair. "So, you were asking her out all this time when she didn't even know who you were?! No wonder she was always running away!"

"You're so hopeless, Eunha." Yuju sighed as she shook her head.

Eunha gulped and glanced worriedly across the room. She blushed when she saw Sowon looking at her direction and quickly looked away in embarrassment.

"Just introduce yourself next time, okay unnie?" Umji encouraged with a smile. "And try not to act like a creepy stalker…"

---

Eunha adjusted her bag as she looked around the library and frowned when she saw that all of the tables were taken. She sighed as she turned towards the stairs but stopped midway when she saw Sowon across the room.

After the conversation with Umji, Eunha had followed the younger girl's request and had toned down on her pursuit for Sowon. She stopped waiting for the girl in front of the university gates and had even begun to avoid the girl out of embarrassment.

But seeing Sowon again brought back the butterflies in her stomach, and Eunha hesitantly made a step forward as her legs led the way across the library.

"Hi..." Eunha greeted as she stood nervously next to Sowon's table.

Sowon looked up at the greeting, and looked surprised when she saw Eunha standing in front of her. "Hi?" She replied back uncertainly.

"Do you… mind if I sit here?" Eunha asked softly. "The other tables are full," She explained. "But it's fine if you say no. I can check upstairs..." She quickly added when she noticed the surprise in Sowon's eyes.

"It's okay, you can sit." Sowon nodded her head. She watched quietly as Eunha took a seat and was disappointed when the girl avoided any eye-contact.

Sowon could always tell when Eunha was looking at her from across the dining hall or in the library and was never comfortable under the stares. She had hoped that the stares would stop when she asked Umji to speak with Eunha but was disappointed when the girl disappeared along with them.

It felt strange not having Eunha looking at her when Sowon had gotten used to feeling the girl's presence.

"That's amazing..."

"Huh?" Sowon blinked and blushed when she realized that she was unconsciously staring at Eunha.

"The drawing," Eunha nodded at the sketchpad in front of Sowon. "It's amazing."

"Oh, this is nothing." Sowon shook her head modestly at the compliment. "It's a really simple sketch, so I'm sure a lot of people can do a better job than this."

"Well, I definitely can't." Eunha smiled. "I gave up on drawing and everything artistic when my mom sent me to an art class in elementary, so I can't draw if my life depended on it."

"Why?" Sowon asked interestedly.

"On the first day, the teacher had us drawing circles." Eunha explained. "And I could never get my circles to come out perfect no matter how hard I tried, so I was traumatized for life." She sighed at the experience. "After that, I just bribe SinB whenever I had art homework to turn in."

"Oh, is she an artist?" Sowon asked curiously.

"No." Eunha shook her head. "But she's extremely talented at tracing over a piece of paper." She grinned widely and let out a light laugh. "I think that's why she was so good at forging her parent's signatures on her report cards... I gave her enough practice.”

Sowon laughed along with Eunha as the story ended. "I guess Umji was right," She smiled as she looked into the girl's eyes. "You're actually pretty normal when you're not acting like a stalker."

Eunha coughed embarrassedly at Sowon's slight teasing. "Yeah, about that," She smiled sheepishly and extended her hand. "I'm Eunha, and I would like to apologize for the late introduction and for making you uncomfortable. Please forgive me?"

Sowon pretended to ponder over her decision and reached for Eunha's hand when she saw the uneasiness in the girl's eyes. "I'm Sowon, and I accept your apology." She smiled at the familiarity and newfound warmth she felt under Eunha's eyes.

---

"I'm back!" Sowon shouted as she closed the door behind her. She kicked off her shoes and made her way towards the living room of the dorm.

Yerin looked up from her book and raised an eyebrow when she saw the smile on Sowon's face. "Another mood swing?"

Sowon frowned as she dropped her bag on the floor. "What are you talking about?"

"Well," Yerin closed her book and sat up on the couch. "You were acting so uncomfortable when Eunha was always staring at you, but when the girl stopped, you became depressed and disappointed. And now you're smiling again," She paused with a grin as she observed Sowon's expression. "I'm guessing something good happened with Eunha today?"

"Oh, did Eunha unnie finally introduce herself?!" Umji asked curiously as she entered the living room and sat down next to Yerin. "She did, didn't she?" She cooed when she noticed the blush forming on Sowon's face.

"So, are you going to say yes to her now since we all know that you like her too? Why else would you put up with her creepy behavior, right?" Yerin asked as she smirked.

"And I think you might have to take the initiative this time, Sowon unnie." Umji grinned as she looked at Yerin. "Eunha unnie might be too embarrassed to ask you out again."

---

Sowon pursed her lips as she looked around the cafe for a table, and a smile formed on her face when she saw Eunha sitting in one of the booths. She took a step forward and made her way across the room. "Hi."

Eunha looked up from her notebook, and her eyes widened when she saw Sowon smiling at her. "Hi…"

"Can I join you?" Sowon asked as she glanced at the seat across from Eunha.

"Yes,  o-of course." Eunha quickly moved her books towards her and cleared a spot for Sowon. She watched as the girl took a seat but quickly looked away when she realized that she was staring.

Sowon smiled when she noticed that Eunha was trying not to stare and watched in amusement as the girl fidgeted nervously in her seat. She glanced down at the books sprawled on the table and titled her head to read one of the titles. "The Structure of Science Revolutions?"

"Philosophy." Eunha explained. "I have a paper due next week on science revolutions."

"Is it interesting?" Sowon asked skeptically as she reached for the book and quietly read the summary printed on the back cover.

"I don't know." Eunha shrugged with a grin. "I haven't read it yet, so I'll let you know when I do."

Sowon lightly laughed at Eunha's response as she reached for her cup of coffee to take a sip. She looked up when she felt Eunha's eyes looking at her and smiles as she returned the stare.

"So instead of one-way staring contest, we've upgraded to a two-way staring contest?"

Sowon coughed embarrassedly and quickly looked away as Eunha blushed. She frowned when she saw Yerin and Umji standing next to their table and shot Yerin a warning glare when she saw the teasing smile on the girl's face.

Yerin shrugged at the look and sat down next to Sowon as Umji sat next to Eunha. "I guess I don’t have to worry anymore, huh?"

"You really don't have to in the first place, unnie." Umji grinned when she noticed the worried expression on Eunha's face. "I told you Eunha unnie isn’t harmful."

"Hmm, sure..." Yerin hummed in reply and smiled in amusement as she watched Eunha and Sowon steal glances at each other.

"Hey, Eunha unnie, I thought were going to be studying? What's with the double date then?"

Eunha groaned inwardly as Yuju and SinB joined them at the table and looked worriedly at Sowon's direction. She was afraid that the mentioning of a date would make Sowon feel uncomfortable and frowned confusedly when she saw a smile on the girl's face.

"But isn't it a triple date now?" Yuju asked absentmindedly as she counted the number of pairs.

“What?” SinB's face scrunched up in disgust as she eyed Yuju. "Why do I have to be paired up with you, unnie?!"

"Hey! What's wrong with being paired with me?" Yuju frowned at SinB's reaction and kicked her leg at the girl. Her eyes widened in fear when Yerin yelped in pain, and she quickly grabbed onto Umji for protection. "I'm sorry!"

Sowon watched as Yerin threw her cup at the two girls’ direction and spoke softly to Eunha when she saw that none of the other girl's attention was on them. "Hey, Eunha?"

"Yes?" Eunha turned her head towards Sowon and frowned confusedly when she saw Sowon who seemed fidgeting.

"You know how you were waiting for me every morning," Sowon paused as she looked away to avoid Eunha's eyes. "And you always asked me that one question."

Eunha's eyes widened when she realized what Sowon was talking about and hesitantly nodded her head. "Yeah?"

"Could you," Sowon turned back her gaze and looked into Eunha's eyes. "Could you ask me that question again tomorrow?"

---

Eunha waited patiently as she stood in front of the university gate with a carton of milk chocolate in her hand. She checked the time on her watch and looked around nervously when she saw that there were only a few minutes left before Sowon would walk onto campus.

It felt familiar waiting for Sowon again, and Eunha had spent the night before lying restlessly on her bed when she remembered how the girl had asked her to come this morning.

Eunha was optimistic that today was going to be the day that Sowon would say yes to her.

Looking around as she waited for the girl to arrive, Eunha's eyes brightened when she saw Sowon coming down the street. She held up the carton of milk chocolate in her hand and smiled affectionately at the girl.

"Sowon unnie, will you go out with me..?"

Eunha watched in surprise as Sowon walked passed without even a glance. She stood frozen on her spot and lowered her head disappointedly.

"Yes."

Eunha's eyes widened when she heard the unexpected reply, and she turned around quickly to find Sowon smiling at her. "Yes?" She asked uncertainly.

"Yes." Sowon repeated as she made her way back to where Eunha was standing. She reached for the carton of milk chocolate in Eunha's hand and held out her hand for the younger girl. "Walk me to my class?"

"Yes." Eunha reached for Sowon's hand and smiled widely when the girl entwined their fingers together.

 

a/n: So this one shot was actually written a while back, but I kept forgetting about it. It also went through a little make-over after I finished writing it because I wasn't that satisfied with the original ending. I'm still not satisfied with this one, but if I keep it any longer, I'm likely to forget again and who knows when will I remember again.. lol. i hope you enjoyed this :)