The Reunion

Amethyst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin thought he was dead as his heart stopped for a little bit too long, engulfing whatever happened before his eyes at the moment. 

In front of his eyes, there was Eunbi, the girl that confessed to him in 10th grade. She was walking arm in arm with another man.

Nothing was wrong, but at that time, she was different. She looked different. 

"Excuse me." Her soft voice was finally heard, asking the person next to Hanbin where was her seat. 

Flashing her smile, she went to her place together with the man. Hanbin though, he didn't want to admit but he wished that she would say hi or at least smile to him. 

Flashback went through his head, 

"I... I think I like you." Hanbin's friends laughter erupted as well as everyone around them.

The nerdiest nerd just confessed to him.

Hanbin just kept shut, unable to reply anything. His ego ate him, stopping him from replying the same. He knew his friends wouldn't want him to have anything with her- his number one fan.

He saw how her face changed when they laughed at her. 

He heaved a breath, denying his feelings, "I-Im sorry."

The laughter went louder. 

Her eyes that was full of hope went blank as she left the crowd.

**

He regretted it. So bad.

Turns out, she was at the same table as him.

Ignoring the jealousy that built up in his body, he sat across her--where his seat was assigned. 

Her smile and laughter through out the event was driving him insane. The fact that he wasnt the one making her laugh was killing him. He hated himself.

After a while, he managed to look at the couple of the night. Oh how he wished the girl would still wear her glasses and look all nerdy so that he could be the only one to see her beauty. 

He dragged his eyes away from them, cursing. He knew it was his fault for not accepting her earlier. He knew that if there was a person that would still love her no matter how sloppy she looked, it would be him. He hated it so bad that he wanted to ruin her looks for the night. 

He wanted to see the Eunbi from the past.

At least the Eunbi he knew would never resist him.

"Hanbin." Jiwon called out, his cheeky smile flashed.

Hanbin raised his eyebrow, "What?" 

Jiwon just signalled to Eunbi, making him realize that the whole table was chatting.

He faked a smile, "Hi."

The rest of them waited for her reaction but Eunbi didnt even flinch. She smiled a friendly hi, as if nothing ever happened. As if she never liked him, at all.

"Who is he?" Hanbin heard the guy beside him ask.

"Old friend." Her answer took his soul away. 

Of course, it was the registered in his head that he was the only one who didn't move on. 

He cursed in his head. 

The night went smoothly with some awards and throwbacks. 

And of course, the academic queen would always be Eunbi. As she got up to take the award, Hanbin got up and went outside. He was suffocated.

After a while tryna calm down, the couple he was avoiding suddenly went out.

"Hanbin, wasn't it?" Hanbin turned around, telling himself that it was nothing. People move on.

"Yea, why?" Eunbi smiled, handing a letter to him. 

"What is this?" He took the letter and read the name on it. 'Hanbin' The writing was so damn familiar. 

"From Eunbi." The girl said, making his eyebrows screwed together, "Who are you?"

"Her sister. Just so you know, I hope you'll read it. I'll take my leave first. Bye." Hanbin watched her leave, telling himself that he might still have a chance.

He got to his car and read the letter.

------------------------------

"Come in." The voice from inside the house said, allowing him to enter the stylish condo.

Hanbin gulped, the voice he hadn't hear for years finally called him.

He went in, feeling wrecked only to see Eunbi by the balcony.

Her high ponytail, her slender neck and her back facing him. He felt relieved. At least it was only them and it was only him to see her the way he wanted to.

"I'm surprised you came." Eunbi said, spinning oh her heels - showing her front while her eyes still low.

She still had her big glasses and her fringe was upgraded. She looked much more feminine than she used to - Hanbin thought.

"Yes. I wanted to see you, so I came."

Eunbi raised her eyes, looking into his, "Why? Curious?" She took a seat on a sofa, patting the seat beside her-- telling him to sit.

Hanbin was nervous af, the fact that probably he would never get to have her. Probably she was married. And probably her husband would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter