172800 // wonha

constellation of dreams
Please log in to read the full chapter

172800

 

you are the whole inside my heart

so stay

stay just a bit longer

stay a bit longer, please

please stay

just stay

 

 

 

 

The world is spinning when Sowon opened her eyes. Everything is a blur. A blurblurblu—

“Unnie, you are awake.”

Sowon’s world sharpens into focus at that voice. Smiling weakly, Sowon greeted, “Eunha.” Sowon lifts her head up from Eunha’s shoulder.

“Unnie,“ Eunha smiled. “How are you feeling?”

“Tired,” Sowon replied. She stares at her bandaged hand. “I am sorry, Eunha.” Sowon touches the tears that have dampened Eunha’s cheeks.

Eunha shakes her head. “Unnie, does it—does it hurt?” Eunha asked softly.

Sowon could feel her eyes starts to sting as well. She swallows her tears down. “Just a little bit. But, you are with me so it doesn’t hurt.” Sowon pulls Eunha into a tight hug. “It doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t.”

Feeling the warmth, Eunha’s already dried eyes are wet with tears again. She cries and continues to cry. Until all of her breath are leaving her lungs. Until her lungs are black and blue. Until her heart breaks into two. Until it becomes too painful. Until—

“Eunha, you know that you could take the oxygen straight outta my chest?” Sowon’s voice is firm yet soft, “So, darling, breathe.”

And Eunha breathe. And then she laughs. She laughs.laughs.laughs. All broken and hollow.

“Do you remember, unnie?” Eunha asked. “The words you had said to me back then. Unnie, do you remember? You said, ‘It's okay, honey. It’s okay. When you couldn't catch a breath, when everything is so hard that it becomes painful to breath, just lean on me. Lean on me and take the oxygen straight out of my own chest.’” Eunha stares at Sowon’s eyes. “That’s the sweetest thing someone has ever said to me.”

“I love you,” Sowon says simply, “And I am yours. All of me, is yours.”

“Unnie, you are sweeter than honey, prettier than flowers, and softer than clouds.” Eunha grins.

“Well, aren’t you the sweet one?” Sowon flicks Eunha’s forehead.

Eunha whines while Sowon giggles at her. Soon Eunha giggles as well. But their laughs are just a fleeting moment.

“Eunha, take this.” Sowon placed her handgun at Eunha’s palm, smiling softly albeit with a hint of sadness.

Sowon still has that soft little smile that Eunha both love and hate. “Unnie…”

 

 

--

 

432000

 

 

The moonlight was filtering through the little gaps between the planks they’d nailed in hurry. The night was quiet. Eunha looked at Sowon’s outstretched hands. “Can I have this dance with you?”

Eunha placed her hands on top of Sowon’s. “Oh my, it’s an honor.”

And so they danced in the moonlight. No music because they couldn’t afford to be too noisy. All that they have were their breathing and the dimmed light from the moon, but it’s enough.

Eunha leaned her head onto Sowon’s ribcage, hearing the constant thumping of Sowon’s heart. She smiled.

“What’s that smile for?” Sowon asked.

“Nah, I am just thinking of a small house far away from the city. Far away from all this madness.”

“Hm?”

“You know, somewhere far and safe. Maybe we could have a cat and a dog. Maybe we could plant some flowers and vegetables. Just enough for us to live comfortably.”

“Us, huh? I am there?”

“Silly unnie. Of course you are there. What’s the point of all of that if we aren’t together, unnie.” Eunha peered into Sowon’s eyes. “Why? You don’t want to live with me?”

“Hm, let me think.” Sowon pretended to touch her nonexistent beard.

Eunha pouted. She slapped Sowon’s arm lightly. Sowon laughed.

“Eunha,” Sowon whispered, her lips were touching Eunha’s cheek. “I want it. I want to live with you. That’s a marriage proposal by the way, if you don’t realize it yet.”

Eunha blushed. “I know, unnie. Let’s get married.”

Sowon looked at Eunha, her eyes were shimmering. It’s like the stars were leaving the sky to live inside Sowon’s eyes, glittering against the dark of her eyes. They’re standing so close to one another. It’s like they’re breathing each other, like the only one they need was each other.

Sowon’s eyes flickered down to Eunha’s lips. Feeling a bit impatient, Eunha pulled Sowon closer and closer, until their lips met. The kiss was sweet. And Eunha hoped that time would stop at this moment.

“I love you,” Sowon murmured.

“I love you,” Eunha replied, “Very much so.”

 

--

 

 

604800

 

Morning came with the fresh smell of the rain. Eunha woke up with a yawn. She glanced at her side. At the still deep in sleep Sowon. She gazed at Sowon, memorizing her every feature and being awed by it. Eunha has fallen in love with Sowon. And she couldn’t be happier.

Sowon stirred in her sleep. Her hands and her toes were twitching as she stretched the sleep away. She threw Eunha a sleepy grin when she finally managed to open her eyes.

Eunha was falling in love again.

“Hey,” Sowon rasped her greeting. “I miss you.”

Eunha grinned. She placed a kiss on Sowon’s neck, over her fluttering pulse. “What a dork.”

“I can’t help it, I love you,” Sowon whispered. The words always felt like a confession, like it’s the first time Sowon ever said it, like it’s fresh out of her heart.

“I love you too.” Eunha leaned to kiss Sowon.

Eunha kept on falling in love and she couldn’t be happier. Because she knew that Sowon kept on falling as well.

They’re both in love.

They’re both falling.

They couldn’t be happier.

--

Eunha flicked the TV on while waiting for Sowon to finish bathing. She kept on surfing the channels to find anything interesting. She stopped at the music station channel.

“Oh, what are you watching?” Sowon sat beside her, fresh from the shower.

“Just some music performance,” Eunha replied, “This idol group name is Gfriend.”

“Gfriend? Sounds like you and me.”

“Huh?”

“Girlfriend,” Sowon explained. Giggling at her own pun.

Eunha sighed but she couldn’t help her grin at the word girlfriend.

“Oh? There is breaking news?” Sowon asked, her eyes were glued to the television.

The show was indeed has been stopped for a breaking news. They both looked on as the news anchor was announcing a mysterious disease that has been infected people at the hospital at Busan.

They’re both thinking nothing of the news because Busan was so far from their home.

--

“Oh, your parents are going to visit tomorrow, right? Let’s bring them flowers when we pick them at the airport.” Eunha turned to Sowon.

“Sure, they will like it,” Sowon replied, “Well, especially because the one who will give it to them is their soon to be daughter in law.” Sowon winked.

Eunha winked back. “Well, what can I do? I am too in love with their daughter so I need to be good.”

“Oh, you are certainly ‘good’ honey.” Sowon pulled Eunha up from the sofa. “You know what, you could do some ‘good’ right now.” Sowon smirked. “Let’s go to bed.”

“What—“

Please log in to read the full chapter