one

The Chronicles of Park Jisoo

one: kai?


        

Overexcited is an understatement, Jisoo is very really happy. Her happiness is over the top. Well, who doesn’t? She’s accepted in Korea University! Considered one of SKY (Seoul National, Korea, Yonsei) universities, known for being one of the best universities in the country. Everyone who’s accepted in this university definitely has the brain. Not to mention, the entry test is no joke. The SAT score must be high. Thus, it’s normal to see Jisoo jumping here and there in her room, making her mom who is currently cooking in the kitchen gets shocked because of the loudness of her high-pitched screaming. Sad to say that she is not a singer. Hence, her scream doesn’t sound melodious, and that’s not a good thing to hear first in the morning.

“What’s wrong, Jisoo?” Jisoo’s mom knocks on her door panicky, afraid that Jisoo screams because she might fall from her chair while she’s trying to take something from the top of the wardrobe. Oh, that’s just Jisoo’s mom negative thinking. But Jisoo isn’t a clumsy girl, so Jisoo’s mom doubts it.

Jisoo unlocks then opens the door, still screaming on her mom’s face, “I’M ACCEPTED IN KOREA UNIVERSITY, EOMMA! FINALLY, AFTER ALL THIS TIME. I WON’T BE MOCKED BY OPPA AGAIN.”

“Geez. I thought something happened to you,” Jisoo’s mom heaves a relieve sigh. “I already know that you will be accepted there. I believe my kids will easily pass the test. Just like your brother. Anyway, congratulations, my little one.”

Yes. Brother. Jisoo has one older brother who likes to a lot. Like, every single time. Calling her ugly, lying to her, deceiving her, blackmailing her, oh, and he also likes to call her ‘Forever Single’. His name is Park Chanyeol. He’s also very tall. Therefore, whenever he calls Jisoo with ‘Forever Single’, she will call him ‘Giant Yeol’. He also studies at Korea University, and that’s where she gets her motivation from. Even though Chanyeol is not a very kind brother (according to Jisoo’s opinion), she couldn’t agree more that her brother is a genius. On top of that, Chanyeol is also a prodigy when it comes to music. That makes him double genius.

She also has an older sister named Park Yoora. She’s currently working as an anchor of YTN. Unlike Chanyeol, her sister takes care of Jisoo well. She likes to treat her, and they often go shopping together. Park Yoora always be the mediator whenever Jisoo and Chanyeol quarrel. But they quarrel a lot though, sometimes Yoora is just too tired to broke up the fight.

Jisoo doesn’t realize that she’s already holding her phone and calling Chanyeol. After three beeps, Chanyeol finally answers her call, and she bets Chanyeol is now slightly putting his phone a little far from his ear, “YA! OPPA! GUESS WHAT?”

“What, you got a boyfriend? And can you not shout? You just hurt my precious ear, you know.” He grumbles.

“No, I haven’t got any up until now. And I don’t care even if your ear is bleeding at the moment. All I care right now is I’m accepted in Korea University!!!!”

“Are you kidding me? With that pea-sized brain of yours, you’re gonna follow me studying here? I doubt so.”

“Check the website if you don’t believe me. My name is on the list. I’ll be there soon, studying, with my pea-sized brain.”

“Sure then. Good luck. Hope you’ll also get a boyfriend there.” He said. Pft. What a ‘caring’ brother. He doesn’t even ask what she majors in. She was about to hang up the phone when Chanyeol stops her, “Wait, I think I have the newly made Line group chat for new students. My friend broadcasted it just now. What major do you take?”

“Public Administration.”

“Ooooohhh. Ayay, soon-to-be civil servant. I’ll chat you.”

By the time she hangs up the call, a new chat notification pops up. It’s from Chanyeol sending the said Line group chat’s link. She immediately clicks the link then joins the group. Apparently, it’s a group for Faculty of Political Science & Economics, thus the group chat seems full already. It’s not even the main group. It’s the second group.

The ‘soon-to-be’ Political Science & Economics students are currently exchanging their Instagram accounts. Honestly, she likes exchanging Instagram account the most! The reason is she has an aesthetic feeds and many of her friends always admire and compliment it. She just wants to show off, you know. Maybe she will gain friends from Instagram? Who knows. And the other reason is in order to gain followers, this exchange account event is the perfect one and she will definitely join the vibes. The group chat is no joke though; it hasn’t been 10 minutes yet but it already has 300+ chat notifications. What the hell. Remember that this is just the second group. What about the main group? Because it seems quite impossible for her to join the incredibly rapid chats, she waits for another minutes.

Just looking at the group chat makes her feels giddy and excited. Joining the group makes her realize that she’s going to study at one of the best universities in South Korea. Thanks to her brother, Chanyeorie oppa. Hehehe.

After a few minutes, she checks her phone again to see if the rapid chats have died down or not. Thankfully, it already stopped. Unfortunately, it seems like the exchanging Instagram account event has been done. She scrolls the unread messages and reads their Instagram usernames. Ah, following them first on Instagram won’t hurt, right? Just add ‘Korea University’ to her bio then they’ll surely follow her back. The next thing she knows she’s done following half of all the Instagram accounts listed on the group chats’ note.

“Ah really. So many new students in my faculty. I’m so tired following them. I’ll continue later,” She said while throwing her body on the bed. As she’s staring at the ceiling, she gives a thought to her love life. Will she meet a perfect guy there? No, scratch that, she believes all the guys there are perfect, but will she get a boyfriend? Hmm.

Choo choo.

Her phone suddenly lets out a ‘choo-choo’ alert tone indicating there’s a new notification coming from Line. She presses the home button then types the password to unlock the phone. The password is ‘incorrect’, in case you’re wondering what. I suppose you already know why she chooses that as her phone password. Alright, back to the chat notification. It’s from the KU (Korea University) group chat.

It’s from a guy with ‘Kai’ as his display name – actually, she’s not sure if the said pseudonym is a name for a guy or girl because his display picture is… a dog? – promoting his freestyle dance, I suppose?

Kai : Please kindly check the first picture of instagram.com/jongin.kim and see a video of my freestyle dance. Don’t forget to like and share it. Thank you guys.

Hm. She suppose she hasn’t followed this guy on Instagram before. She doesn’t want to check the video at first but a girl gives comment to the Kai guy “Wow, you dance like a snake. Your body is so supple like you don’t have bones. How come?! That’s really amazing”. That one makes her feels like watching the video. Hence, she checks @jongin.kim on Instagram then looks at the video.

OH WOW. HE REALLY IS AMAZING. IS HE A PRO DANCER OR WHAT? DID SHE JOIN THE GROUP OF DANCE MAJOR OR PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION ACTUALLY?

Not thinking twice, she immediately follows his account and she doesn’t forget to check his feeds. And… She doesn’t regret it because his feeds is really aesthetic. He’s doing this one-theme-per-row feeds, thus his feeds look neat and aesthetic. His skills at photography and designing is also good. Not to mention his face! Now she’s sure this ‘Kai’ guy is literally a guy because oh my goodness, his face is really really cute, handsome, attractive, you name it! He has a nice face but his skin looks dark. She’s not sure if it’s just the camera or his skin is literally dark in reality. Well, she doesn’t expect much on him though; she knows that this kind of person will be famous later when the college starts.

After fangirling over @jongin.kim, she locks her phone again and was about to take a nap when her phone rings a choo choo tone again. Ugh, she needs to mute her phone after she checks her phone for the last time. When she checks the chat notification, that ‘Kai’ guy appears again on it. Oh, a group chat. She guesses it’s not a crucial one so she’s going to ignore it then continue her nap until she rereads it again and she spots her name on the chat.

Kai : Is there anyone here named Park Jisoo?

Wait, what? Park Jisoo? He mentions Park Jisoo, like, why? Did she do something wrong or – okay this is too much. But this is @jongin.kim! The perfect multitalented guy she just thought about when she stalked his Instagram. Is this real? Oh yeah, and to put the cherry on top, he technically asks her on a group chat. GROUP CHAT. Everyone reads it. Hell yeah.

Finally, after taking her courage to open the chat, she happily replies it with “That’s me. What’s up?”. Is it good? Is that kind of reply looks normal? Or it seems like she’s too aloof? But wait, why is he looking for her? Approximately two minutes later, another chat from Kai comes up. Now it’s not a group chat, but personal chat. PERSONALLY.

Kai : Jisooooooo!

Kai : I love your feeds!!!!

She thinks that it’s gonna be a long long day. She secretly thanks her brother for joining her to this group. Is this a cue of their ‘relationship’ Does it mean she’s going to have a boy-friend? Or boyfriend?! Keep dreaming, Jisoo.


 

 
hey! an author's note ahead.
first chapter is up! idk if i should be happy or not. i'm happy because it's up and i'm kind of sad that this is too short, isn't it? to tell you the truth some of the events are based on real story; my story. i literally met a guy like how jisoo & kai when i was going to enter uni last year. and the guy is currently one of my close friends now haha. oh, one more, i believe i have so much mistakes, no? grammars, precisely. english is not my main language somehow. forgive me ;; and thank you for reading this! don't forget to subscribe and give comment(s) below to help me improve ( and vote please HEHEHE ). my readers, those who like and don't like my story, i love you for bearing with my first chapter. *throws sarangs* ♡♡♡
( june 26, 2017. )