❝ Run ❞

Snow White and her Seven Knights

—//01//〈〈Snow white & her seven knights〉〉

 

“Hair as black as ebony, lips as red as rose and skin as white as snow— where her name came from.”

 

“Dad.. please. I just want to go out. I'm sick being stuck in here!” I begged. I've been locked up in our house ever since I was born.

Why? Oh, because they said it's for my safety. My dad is a business tycoon and everyone knows how dirty business is. My identity is unknown. Nobody know what I look like. They keep me hidden. Also, it must be because my dad isn't that proud of me as his daughter. You see, my mom is a who cheated and ran with her.. err.. guy. I am a product of one night stand. I witness how they fight before and I know they don't really love each other. Funny how my life is, right?

“It's dangerous–”

“Dad, no. No one even knows my identity! Come on..”

As I keep pushing my dad to let me, I heard the sound of the spoon dropped on the plate loudly.

“You're really a brat, aren't you?” I heard Aunt Grimhilde said, she's wiping her lips with the table napkin when I look at her. Smirk formed on her lips as she look at me. “Your dad said no so it’s a no, Snow.”

I sighed in defeat. Great. Now that she talked, I can no longer force dad. He only listens to my step-mom anyway. “Fine, whatever.”

I stood up and walk my way to my room. I let my body fell on my queen sized bed and stared at the ceiling. I wonder how long would I rot in this pink and white room? I’m already 20 and I still can’t do what normal young ladies do, have fun and live their lives to the fullest. Drown on my thoughts, I fell asleep.

 

I woke up, seeing it’s already 3 pm in the afternoon. I can feel my stomach growling so I decided to get some food from the kitchen. As I am walking on the corridor, I heard a faded conversation that made me curious. I walk towards where the voices came from, seeing a slightly opened room from the library room of my step-mom.

“You’re the only one I can trust with this task.” I saw her sitting on her chair and across her table is where one of our body guards is standing.

“But madame... I can’t do it. I can’t kill Ms. Snow.” I froze from what I heard. I almost lose my balance for what I heard. Me...? Why...

“Shush! You must do it tomorrow, where she will be allowed to be free. Get it done while my husband is away. You know the consequence if you didn’t do it.” she show her smirk again, which made her looked more wicked. “Make sure you will do it properly, and to make sure, bring me back her heart too as a proof you really did kill her.” I touched my chest where my heart is, as if I feel like being stabbed already.

Scared. Terrified. I don’t know what to feel. All I can think is... run.