Goodbye, Tokyo. Hello, Seoul.

Dangsinege Banhaetsseumnida~

" Sakura-ah!!! "

Sakura jerked her head up from her soft fluffy pillow and whirled her head around. She was still in her bedroom and sunlight poured in from her windows.

A knocking on her bedroom door snapped her out of her bewildered daze.

" Come in! ", she called out.

The door opened and a Japanese woman strode in. The lady wore a pale sapphire kimono, her gray hair was tied up neatly into a bun and she had smooth creamy skin like a china doll.

" Oh! Good morning, mother! ", greeted Sakura.

" Good morning, child. ", smiled her mother.  " Your uncle Jang Go Hyuk from Korea is here. Go and say hello to him. "

" Uncle is here? Okay, I'll be down in a minute! ", said Sakura as she got up and hurried to the bathroom to freshen up.

Sakura took a quick bath, tied her hair up into a neat bun, put a cherry blossom in her hair, wore a rose pink kimono and hurried downstairs. Her uncle and her parents were talking about something, but she couldn't hear much.

" Ahjusshi! ", cried Sakura happily.  " Annyeonghaseyo! "

Her uncle turned his head towards her voice and stood up to give her a hug.

" Annyeong, Sakura-ah. My, my, you're a young lady now, huh? ", her uncle said with a smile.

" Mmm-hmm! And I have been brushing up on my Korean, thanks to Appa! ", said Sakura happily.

" Aigooo! Hyung, you turned her into a fine woman! ", said her uncle to her father.

" Of course! I'm the best! ", bragged her father.

" Jang Joon Ho, don't you dare get a swollen head! ", tutted Sakura's mother.

Sakura's father sulked, while her uncle laughed. Sakura smiled at her happy and perfect family.

" Ah, dongsaeng, aren't you gonna tell Sakura something? ", said her father to his brother with a big smile plastered on his face.

" Oh, yes. ", smiled her uncle.  " Sakura-ah, you do remember that you wanted a scholarship to Seoul's KyungHee University, right? "

Sakura nodded vigorously.

" Well, guess what? They have a place for you there! ", announced her uncle.  " You're going to Seoul! "

Sakura gasped.

" Omo! Can this be? My dream is gonna come true! ", gasped Sakura happily.  " Oh, thank you, appa! Thank you, umma! Thank you, ahjusshi! "

Sakura hugged her family members tight.

" When am I going, uncle?! ", asked Sakura excitedly.

" Two days from now. ", replied her uncle.  " Be ready by then, because you'll be coming with me. "

" I will, uncle! Oh, thank you so much! ", cried Sakura happily.

 

*******

 

Two days later, Sakura had packed up for Seoul and was ready to go. Her uncle picked her up, so the both of them could go to the airport.

Her parents bid her good-bye with tear-filled eyes. Sakura and her uncle then left for the airport.

Of course, Sakura and her uncle had to go through the airport procedures. Before Sakura left through the gates, she heard someone call her name.

" Sakura! Sakura! "

She turned around and saw her best friend, Michiko, running towards her hurriedly.

" Michi! "

Michiko caught up with her and embraced her tight.

" You are going to Seoul and you didn't tell me?! ", wailed her best friend.

" Sorry, Michi. ", apologized Sakura.  " I was so excited and busy these past few days that I forgot to call you and tell you. "

" Don't ever do that again! ", said her best friend.  " I'm gonna miss you, bestie. "

" Me too. I'll call you, okay? "

" Alright. Oh, there's someone who wants to say good-bye too. "

Michiko stepped aside and a tall, handsome, young and beautiful teenage boy stood there silently. Sakura's eyes widened as she gasped.

" Hey, Sakura. Long time no see. ", said the teen lowly with a small smile.

" K--Kei--Kei--Keiji...? ", stammered Sakura.

Keiji Mizaraki was Sakura's boyfriend for 7 months, but because of family reasons, they had broken up "for the best", according to Keiji.

Sakura stepped forward slowly and suddenly rushed up to hug her ex-boyfriend tightly.

" You came... ", she whispered, a small tear trickling down her cheek.

" You know I would... ", whispered her ex as he hugged her back.

" What about your parents? ", asked Sakura.

" They don't know I came here to see you. ", said Keiji.

" I'm sorry, Keiji... ", she whispered.

" Shhh~ It's not your fault~ ", soothed Keiji as he hugged her tight.

" Sakura? We have to go! The plane's about to leave! ", called her uncle frantically.

" Coming, uncle! ", shouted Sakura.  " Good-bye, Keiji. I love you... "

" I love you too, Sakura... ", whispered her ex sadly.  " Keep in touch, okay? "

Sakura nodded and with a final good-bye to her ex and best friend, she hurried after her uncle and entered the gates to the plane. As she turned to glance behind her one more time, she thought she saw tears trickle down her ex-boyfriend's eyes.

The plane took off for Seoul and soon, Tokyo was out of sight.

" Seoul, here I come. ", thought Sakura as she laid back in her seat and shut her eyes.