This Is Love

This Is Love

They live in different worlds.

Daehyun walks down the hallway and stops by his locker, taking out his books. His friends are gathered around him, talking about yesterday's basketball game. He absentmindedly nods and glances over to the other end where Youngjae is.

"You looking for Youngjae?" Jackson asks. "I'll call him for you."

"No, it's alright," Daehyun stops Jackson quickly. "We already walked to school together this morning." He adjusts his team jacket and Jackson nods. They're a famed clique of guys from the baseball team, popular with the girls and boys. Youngjae, on the other hand, lays low. He excels in his academics and prefers to read by himself in the library with a few close friends.

Daehyun narrows his eyes when he sees Youngjae's good friend, Junhong, put an arm around his brother. Youngjae catches his eyes at this moment and he nudges Junhong's hand off with an excuse and moves over to his locker, sending Daehyun a small smile.

Another one of those girls suddenly come up to Daehyun and grab on to his arm. "Daehyun oppa!" She chimes, going much too close for Daehyun's comfort. Daehyun tries to pry her off politely but the damage is already done----Youngjae is staring, and he turns away with a downcast look when Daehyun tries to meet his eyes.

It's tiring to be like this. Daehyun wishes his problem was limited to being in love with a guy. That being boys and being opposites were the worst of their problems. But it's not.

Because Jung Youngjae is Jung Daehyun's twin brother.

It's funny that they're twins. Youngjae is born just a few minutes after Daehyun, yet they're so different from one another. Ever since their parents died in a car crash, it's been just them on their own. Youngjae's the one who hugs him when he's scared. Youngjae's the one who stays up with him to watch games even though he's not into sports. Youngjae's the one who helps him with his homework.

People would say that Daehyun is in love with his brother only because he's been alone with Youngjae for so long. But that's not true. His brother has always made his heart beat faster, much too fast to be normal. His twin brother Youngjae is all sorts of beautiful, from his large eyes to his pouty lips. Daehyun loves his soft-spoken personality and how he gets excited over new tech devices on the market. He loves how Youngjae scolds him for not doing his work and worries over it more so than his own assignments.

His brother is everything to him. But the world doesn't understand. People would spit in disgust to know Daehyun kisses Youngjae into the bed every day. Daehyun prays they never find out what they do at night. He wants to keep these moments forever private, those where Youngjae's bucking his hips and Daehyun is deep inside him. Those where Daehyun is holding on to Youngjae's petite waist and Youngjae has his legs shyly spread, whimpering for Daehyun to move faster.

Daehyun finds these moments so beautiful, but the world finds them disgusting. So, Daehyun can only pretend that it isn't love that exists between him and his twin brother.

But they both know---this is love.