1/1

Replay (You're So Pretty)

Replay, replay, replay.

 

 

The sun is burning hot on the parched fields as Daehyun runs across, dribbling the soccer ball. He kicks the ball into the goal and grins, tugging up his shirt to wipe his sweat. His best friend, Suwoong, pats his back.

"Good job. We're bound to get first place if you keep this up. Should we go grab some lunch with the team?"

"Not today," Daehyun smiles. "I've got something to do."

"That won't happen to be Yoo Youngjae, would it?"

Daehyun punches Suwoong's shoulder. "Dude, we haven't even gotten that far. He doesn't even know I like him."

"I wonder how, when you're as obvious as a neon sign." Suwoong turns away and yells, "Good luck!"

"Thanks!" Daehyun jogs away to shower, smiling at the thought of seeing Youngjae. The boy's probably lazing on his bed, playing one of his video games. Daehyun thinks about how Youngjae would have his head hanging off his bedpost, staring at the screen intently. His shirt is probably riding up his pale tummy. It once made Daehyun swallow back and run out of the room, afraid more would be revealed.

Daehyun can't get enough of Youngjae. When he sees the boy, it's as if the whole world becomes still. The first thing he thought of when he saw the boy was pretty. He never thought he could feel that way about a boy but he did, one day while the rain poured over them two at the school gates. He had an umbrella and Youngjae didn't, one hand stretched out to feel the rain drizzling over his palm.

Daehyun had walked over and nervously asked if Youngjae wanted to share the umbrella with him. Youngjae gave him his customary blank expression, one that wards away a lot of his suitors, Daehyun recently realised. But then, he nodded and joined Daehyun under the umbrella.

It was a start of a weird friendship. Youngjae isn't the type to owe people favours, so he went to find Daehyun at his class to give him a sandwich he made. Daehyun hurriedly held on to his wrist and asked if he wanted to have lunch together. He was so embarrassed he suddenly asked that but luckily, Youngjae only gave a small laugh and nodded.

Now, they're inseparable, just like best friends. Well, Daehyun is Youngjae's best friend, but to Daehyun, Youngjae is something totally different. His beautiful eyes make Daehyun's heart skip a beat. His sassy mouth has Daehyun wanting to replay his words all day. And that good heart underneath all that snark is something Daehyun is hopelessly in love with.

Daehyun knocks on the door and he holds the box of chocolates tight, heart caught in his throat even before he meets Youngjae. Soon, Youngjae pulls open the door and Daehyun melts at the sight of Youngjae with his messy bed hair, having clearly gotten out of bed maybe half an hour ago.

"Dae," Youngjae grins, all boyishness mixed into a delicate prettiness Daehyun will always admire. "Took you long enough. Can't believe you're willing to go play soccer on such a burning hot Sunday. You should have come over."

"If I could ditch the team to sleep with you on a day like this, I would," Daehyun sighs, tossing the box over to Youngjae. "Here. I got this on my way home."

"Nice." Youngjae hugs the box and goes back to his room, Daehyun tailing him. He throws the other video game controller to Daehyun and lies down on the bed, patting the side. Daehyun gladly joins him.

"Thanks for the chocolate." Youngjae suddenly kisses Daehyun on the cheek and the boy widens his eyes. He looks to Youngjae who has his eyes nonchalantly focused on the screen, starting the game.

"Did you just kiss me?" Daehyun asks, blinking.

"Yeah." Youngjae looks up. "You don't like it? I thought you would, since you like me and all."

"Wait, you know I like you?" Daehyun widens his eyes comically.

"Obviously. I doubt a bro would stare at my as long as you do." Youngjae leans against Daehyun's arm. '"Lucky for you, I like you too. Just thought I'd let you know."

"You like me?"

"Need me to translate it to another language?" Youngjae chuckles. His words are muffled when Daehyun suddenly pins him down onto the bed, kissing him gently.

"Yeah," Daehyun breathes as they part. "I'll need you to tell me through a kiss instead."

"You've reached your quota for today, though." Youngjae cheekily says. "Try asking tomorrow."

"How about we do something else?" Daehyun jokes, slipping his hand down to Youngjae's . Youngjae pushes him off and returns his attention to his game.

"Next time. I'm not that easy, Jung Daehyun."