Episode 2: Getting to Know All About You

Roommate: Idol Squad Goals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode 2: Getting to Know All About You

 

Story 1: Leaders and their Matchmaking skills

 

The leaders entered the Leader's room. There's a tv on the wall and there's a table with four chairs in an arc. Their group names were engraved in each chair, so the four leaders sat on their chairs accordingly. On the table was a laptop, a telephone and a microphone which seems to be connected to a speaker elsewhere. On top of the laptop was a mission card. Unsuspectingly, Seungcheol picked it up.

[Mission: Congratulations, leaders for unpacking! I'm sure you're worried about your group's well-being. I'm sure your companies gave you leaders company cards, right? You will be using a standard allowance of 1,000,000 won per group within a month, making it 4 million won, as the company cards you use are actually shared within the 4 groups. However, you can increase that by completing daily, weekly and monthly tasks! For daily tasks, those are random tasks that will be announced randomly. A text message from the PD team will indicate that there's a daily task. The casts may request a daily task through the PD . It may be requested to be done by one or more members or a specific member, but it will not be needed to be performed by the whole 39 casts. Weekly tasks, however, demand the help of the whole cast. These are usually the biggest-earning tasks. Your weekly tasks are to be announced in this room, or the practice room downstairs through the television intact. When you hear your songs played in the house on a random occasion, it only means that the weekly task is announced. Your monthly task involves 5million won of spending money. It's usually the hardest. So work hard for it! Open the laptop for your first monthly task! The PD team is just next-door, so if you ever need anything, just alert us. Good luck!
Ps: We penalize it if you go out of the house without telling the staff.
Ps2: Our phone number is 4454676. The microphone can be used to call everyone. It's loud enough to be heard in the house.]

The four leaders sighed in dissatisfaction.

 

Seungcheol: Seventeen can't even live with 1million won alone. *heaves another heavy sigh*

Sowon: *opens the laptop* we're a six membered girl group but 1 million won won't sustain us. *shakes her head*

Exy: *suddenly chokes as she sees what's written on the laptop* Oomph! *glares at the camera* PD-nim! You're too much, seriously!

Hanbin: *curious* What is it? *also sees what's written on the laptop* Yah!

 

Well, should we see what's written on the laptop?

 

[Monthly Task: "Getting to Know All About You"
At the end of the month, there will be a quiz regarding on how well do you know each other. If the housemates get at least an average of 60% in the quiz, you will get the 5 million won.]

 

Hanbin made a sour face and he began biting his nails out of habit. Oh? Why is that?

 

Interview:
Q: You began getting anxious. Why is that?
Hanbin: You see, Junhoe... He doesn't necessarily likes new people. He has a hard time coping with new people, I'm nervous about this quiz.

 

Just then, Seventeen's Check-in began playing. A sign for the weekly task. And yes, the tv flashed their weekly task.

 

[Weekly Task: "No to Mass Shopping!"
Today is the only day wherein you can exceed more than 1 hundred thousand won in shopping. Shop all the necessities and groceries you need for the whole week today. For the next few days until Sunday, you are not allowed to spend more than 1 hundred thousand won using the house money per day. Once you exceed, you lose the weekly task and you have to feed the staff. Good luck!
Benefit: 1 million won]

Hanbin: Wow what the heck, we get to feed the staffs if we exceed 100k won? *#shookt*

Exy: Wow, 39 people having only 100k won a day? Wow, you're taking the independence too far. *shakes her head then leans on the chair.* What are we gonna do?

Sowon: Well, we need that 1 million won. We should have someone lead us and someone to take charge of the money.

Seungcheol: *nods* a matriarch and a patriarch.

Hanbin: I suggest that the leaders with 13 members do it.

Seungcheol / Exy: Lol wtf *shookt, amused.*

Sowon: I'm bad at finances and Hanbin is younger than you. Do it. *notices that Seungcheol and Exy are both hesitating* Hesitating will only take us to nowhere. We have a monthly task and a weekly task plus we badly need that 6 million won.

Seungcheol: *amazed at Sowon* Whoa, Sojung, I didn't know you had a cool side.

Sowon: Eh! Whatever, just do it.

Exy: Okay. *nods* But in order to manage our finances, I'm going to have to confiscate the cards. Just take it from me if you need it.

 

The other three leaders gave their cards to Exy and the said girl opened MS Word on the laptop. The leader side in Exy is beginning to show.

 

Exy: We now have 4 million won, right? So how much are we gonna need for the groceries and necessities? *looks at the leaders* Let's focus on homemade food for now, let's avoid take-outs for a week.

Seungcheol: Let's take out today's dinner and then cook starting tomorrow.

Sowon: *raises a brow* If we take-out today, how much is it gonna be worth?

Seungcheol: Around 200 to 300k won.

Exy: Okay, let's say that we're gonna use 300k won. How much for a week's worth of groceries? *types while asking*

Hanbin: Around 700k won should be enough. 700k won worth of groceries is usually enough to feed YG artists.

Exy: Okay. Then the necessities? *types again*

Sowon: We're gonna need a lot. We only bought shampoo and soap, but we didn't know that there were no curtains or beddings.

Seungcheol: Let's say 500k.

Exy: That makes it 1.5 million won. *finishes typing* So now, how are we gonna do the monthly task?

Seungcheol: Should we make the unlikely pairs do the jobs?

 

Oh? This scene is familiar, though. Either way, the leaders began talking about the unlikely pairs in the house.

 

Seungcheol: I honestly thought Hanbin-gun *points with his hand at Hanbin* and Woozi won't get along.

Sowon: People of the same gender would usually get along if you get them at least a week, though. Let's make co-ed groups.

Exy: *raises her arm* Should we go with by age?

Sowon: Oh, wait! *suddenly laughs* You know Dawon and Mingyu? Have you seen the awkwardness in the hall a while ago?

Seungcheol: *curious, #Mingyu_wtf_did_you_do* What happened?

Sowon: Mingyu knocked on Dawon's shared room to call for Eunha and then things got awkward when Mingyu suddenly asked Dawon where is Eunha changing. *laughs* oh my, you guys should have seen their awkward faces.

Seungcheol: *has a bright idea* let's make groups of eight. Then let's put the unlikely teams with a likely pair together. In that way, someone will speak, and they will get to know each other.

Sowon: the mom and the dad should go with the youngest kids. *glances at Hanbin* Hanbin-ssi, can you get some paper and a pen?

Hanbin: Ah, nae. *runs to his room to get a paper and a pen*

 

It didn't take him long to return to the Leader's room.

 

Sowon: *accepts the pen and paper from Hanbin* Thank you.

Hanbin: *sits down* nae.

Sowon: So group 1 is Exy, Scoups, Dino and Yeonjung. You guys are gonna do..?

Exy: We're buying dinner.

Sowon: *writes it down* So dinner is team LeMak.

Seungcheol: KyeomYuju should buy groceries with rank 1 unlikely duo Dawon and Mingyu.

Sowon: *writes it down again* Okay.

Hanbin: Yunhyeong-hyung is an amazing chef, too.

Sowon: and someone should make a menu for the whole week.

Hanbin / Exy: *nods*

Seungcheol: while Mingyu's team is driving to the grocery, let's have a team of cooks prepare the menu. So it's Yunhyeong, Woozi and who else is good at cooking? *glances at the two female leaders, then directs his attention at Sowon* I don't expect anything from you, Sojung (Sowon).

Exy: *thinks for a bit* Dayoung can cook. And I think we need Sowon on this one. We need a variation of ideas.

Sowon: *glares at Seungcheol* Please, you can't even make firewood. *looks back at Exy* I'm joining this group with Eunha. *writes down the names.*

Seungcheol: After them is the necessity team. They have to go down to the department store to buy stuffs in the house. *thinks for a while* I think the eldest trio and a much younger trio should go here. Let's pick Jinhwan, Seola, Xuanyi, Umji, Vernon and Minghao should go. Having foreigners in there can help, too. Since there are stuffs they usually need. *stops as Sowon writes down names*

Hanbin: Ah! *suddenly has an idea, then all eyes are on him* What if we make an acquaintance party tonight? Like, a party with a getting to know activity.

Sowon: *smiles and nods at Hanbin's idea* that's smart and a fantastic idea. *glances at Seungcheol* Now make the teams, quick.

Seungcheol: We're gonna have a party, right? Pre-party preparations are who? *glances at Hanbin* Hanbin, you should choose your members. Who do you think are gonna do well when they plan a party?

Hanbin: *points at himself* Me?

Seungcheol: *nods* You look like the type to create a party.

Hanbin: *thinks* Soonyoung (Hoshi) but he should be on the main party. So maybe Jun, Bona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter